Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -  Partners Assigned Page 24 >
  • January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap - Partners Assigned Page 24

• January 2010 Doll Quilt Swap - Partners Assigned Page 24

Old 12-27-2009, 03:16 PM
    Power Poster

Yes embellishments are great! You can go back and read the first post and you will see all the rules. Basically if it is quilting you can use it. There have been several that have used embellishments. Mine aren't very little girlish either. Would love to have you join us!
    Old 12-27-2009, 03:37 PM
    Power Poster

Ummm....mine haven't been very "dollish" either..just whatever comes into my head that I think might make a cute quilt...or a new technique I want to try. (Luckily, they have worked out soo far)...I love to embellish them :D
    Old 12-27-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Originally Posted by Darlene
    Sewjoyce how about Larry Bird and his home town of French Lick? Also Brown County which is so beautiful in the fall.
    Yeah -- I could do a BIG basketball block :lol: :lol: Basketball playoffs are called "Hoosier Hysteria" around here... And yes, Brown County is beautiful but not very close to me at all....Thanks for the ideas! :D
    Sewjoyce.. I just pm'd you... partner!!
    And I would also love anything to do with Larry Bird, basketball, Brown County... I just got back from there about 2 hrs ago... we have friends that live in Indy that have a cabin in Br. Co... it snowed about 2 inches and we got to drive home (very slowly) in it. Lots of slide offs, etc. but we are home safe now.. Indiana weather, if you don't like it, just stay a day or 2 lol (it will change).
    I'm sooo excited about this swap!
    hugs,
    Fannie
    Old 12-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
    Sewjoyce, You could always do one on the Colts!!!!
    :D :D :D :D They are going great guns right now. Maybe they will be in the Super Bowl!! I'd thought of doing one on them, but have something local that I'm going to try. What if all of us in IN did the doll quilts on the Colts theme??!!
    I'd also thought of Lincoln and the fact that he grew up in IN. I would have done a take off on that fact and made a bed with a sign above that said 'Lincoln slept here!' :lol: :lol:
    If you think of fun ways to show things, it might be easier. There are Amish in the southern part of IN, you could do something along that theme.
    Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!
    Hey Sewjoyce.. just reading some of the posts here.. I love anything Amish!!! LOLOL.
    Old 12-27-2009, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by mommabogue
    Originally Posted by Janis
    Sewjoyce, You could always do one on the Colts!!!!
    :D :D :D :D They are going great guns right now. Maybe they will be in the Super Bowl!! I'd thought of doing one on them, but have something local that I'm going to try. What if all of us in IN did the doll quilts on the Colts theme??!!
    I'd also thought of Lincoln and the fact that he grew up in IN. I would have done a take off on that fact and made a bed with a sign above that said 'Lincoln slept here!' :lol: :lol:
    If you think of fun ways to show things, it might be easier. There are Amish in the southern part of IN, you could do something along that theme.

We also have Indiana downs, Hoosier Park( and Ellis Park-close to Evansville) and guess what??? we raise and race Thoroughbred horses.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!
    Hey Sewjoyce.. just reading some of the posts here.. I love anything Amish!!! LOLOL.
    Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I have Rhymer!! Great, a new friend !!!!
    And I think she is from Vermont!
    LOL!! why yes I am from VT! I have no idea what to do yet, but hopefully an idea will come to me soon! I need to get to the fabric store ASAP!! I am a beginner quilter so it won't be fancy, but I'll put my heart into it! :)
    Old 12-28-2009, 05:30 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rymer
    LOL!! why yes I am from VT! I have no idea what to do yet, but hopefully an idea will come to me soon! I need to get to the fabric store ASAP!! I am a beginner quilter so it won't be fancy, but I'll put my heart into it! :)

I know whatever you make will be "just right"! and It will be loved and cherished on this end for sure.

:-D :-D
    Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rymer

I know whatever you make will be "just right"! and It will be loved and cherished on this end for sure.

:-D :-D
    awww thank you!! we're already becoming friends!! :)
    Old 12-28-2009, 06:25 AM

Last call quilters! Any other victims...erm...participants? Join us!
    Old 12-28-2009, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
    Ok, now to get busy after a couple of other projects are done.

How come I got my middle name? :roll: and she lives in Colorado my home state! :lol:

ellen1, Ellen really is my middle name. How funny is that?
    ;)
    From one Ellen to another, you must really be a great person to know...:-) I never liked my name as a kid, but as I got older and realized that I was the only "Ellen" in the room, I became thankful that my mother gave me what I call an "old fashioned" name (my grandmothers middle). I hate to tell you but I have already finished my top....I'm glad that you're from Colorado and hope you appreciate what I did and like it. This is my second swap, so I'm not sure if we are supposed to "consult" with a partner to see what their favorite colors are, etc. or just "go for it". I still have to quilt it so don't hold your breath that you will get it very soon....I will keep you in suspense for awhile. :-) Ellen1
    ;-)