Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up >
  • January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

• January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

Old 12-21-2012, 12:23 PM

I'm in again, Read all the rules and guideline. lol
    Old 12-21-2012, 07:34 PM

Yeah - I'm in again for January. Will send PM also.
    Old 12-21-2012, 08:15 PM

I see three colors ............. great ....... love it ....read everything first yep thats a good idea .....llol
    Old 12-22-2012, 09:04 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    Krystyna .. I was wondering as you have gone through such a major life experience.. do you think it will affect your style of quilts/art? You are forever changed from that hurricane. I think it would maybe change your style in some way maybe colors, designs.. I know dumb question. Also that Conneticut quilter and her friends who gifted you with the machine and tools is an absolute angel. She gave you back a purpose other than rebuilding your home. You can rebuild you again and that is such a good thing. Thank you Conneticut Quilters. That is not even adequit wording. Wow. The peope here are amazingly good to each other aren't they?

Merry Christmas group. This is going to be a good month for quilting (counting on the fact the Mayans are very wrong)
    I don't know, honestly. I've received some gorgeous gifts of fabric and there were a few that are going to end up in a "Sandy" project. The idea is still swirling around in my head, but it will be an art quilt. I need to get some EQ paper so I paper piece some of it. Or maybe not. It may just grow organically.

Yes, the quilter from Connecticut is an angel. I really don't deserve her kindness and simply cannot believe it.

As for the house, I am not so sure about rebuilding. I really don't think our insurance will come close to covering the cost and having lost everything, there is nothing to spare to toss in the rebuilding pot. It is a temptation to pay off the mortgage, sell the land and move south when my husband retires, but then there is my son. I don't think I could live without seeing him at least a couple of times a week.
    Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 PM

OK so y'all really do read the guidelines! and that is a good thing! It should say "Mail by Jan 30th 2013"

i have out of town company this weekend so if you sent me a PM to sign up, don't think I'm ignoring you by not responding. Right now I have 20 PM's to go thru. I will reply back soon, i promise!

Merry Christmas Y'all!
    Old 12-23-2012, 08:33 AM

Krystyna I think your son could skype you and visit often. Moving does not preclude the ability to go back for visits either. Its sure a big life change if you do. I hope what ever decision you make you are excited about the possibilities ahead. I will look forward to seeing your art as you restart your quilting. I am sure it will help you translate your emotions in another fashion. and what a good outlet it is to express yourself. You are so talented at what you do

Quilting krazy I am soooo ready to start. I just want to make sure I get what my partner wants too.. three colors piece of cake if they have a receivers wish however a whole new ball game. I am ready to rock and roll!
    Old 12-23-2012, 09:08 AM

krystyna, i can relate to the missing your child feelings. i have 2 in texas and one in london. somedays i just ache from the lack of seeing and touching them--i miss their hugs so much. skype keeps me in my dgd's life. she will be 1 and a half in february and is learning and changing at warp speed. she is a cuddly, busy little one, and nothing is sweeter! if i didn't have my dogs and cats ans dddh, i would go NUTS....oops, too late!! lol
    Old 12-23-2012, 09:34 AM

Krystyna-It was nice to hear you and your husband have shelter once again, and most importantly your family. Decisions about your future will come in time I'm sure, and it does take a bit of time usually. For right now, I wish you all a peace that will sustain you into the coming new year and so much love to fill you up. We have both our boys here for the holidays (one coming from England), and at 64 years of age we just found out we will be grandparents for the first time when spring comes. His name will be Samuel. The joy we feel is great. Many blessings.
    Old 12-23-2012, 05:38 PM

I'm in too!
    Donna
    Old 12-24-2012, 04:50 AM
    Swap Hosts

Good morning Ladies, I am so tempted to sign up, but I hesitate. I'm going to sound like a real nut case, but I'm afraid to sew. I was really looking forward to it but now I'm just paralyzed. I don't know what it is. I have a beautiful new machine from my secret friend from CT, I have thread and fabric and rotary cutters galore ... but I just can't get started.