Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January 2023 Pincushion Swap >
  • January 2023 Pincushion Swap

• January 2023 Pincushion Swap

Old 02-22-2023, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Nonnie4
    Michelle! You never disappoint! I actually let out a small gasp when I saw your pincushion because I had been wanting to make one that size. It fits perfectly in front of my machine. The little basket is genius as it opens into a little centerpiece. I hope you never get tired of seeing my name! Love them.
    Seriously ladies, you are all putting me to shame! Loving the pincushions... I love this swap, you are all so lovely!

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 02-22-2023, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by stillvnu
    Attachment 642820
    This is the awesome swap I received from m-fay ... very generous!
    I love maroons snail pincushion. I was so lucky to be gifted one by Marion for Christmas. In fact the reason I run this swap is because I love pincushions... big or small, themed or not... they just speak to me and I have them all around my sewing room to remind me of all you lovely ladies!

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 02-22-2023, 11:52 AM

Default Received from Connie

Hi Ladies,

I just have to share the wonderful pincushion that I received from Connie today. I always try to work out how you all make the pincushions that you send to me, and I think this one is going to take some time to work out.... it is totally beautiful and intricate and made from Edyta Sitar fabrics.... and it came with a marching coaster and some lovely Edyta Sitar fabric (I love her fabrics).

Connie also sent me a MSQC ruler that I have coveted for a while.... so very generous and kind of her.

Connie, thank you for being my swap partner..... again!

Hugs

Caroline

Attached Thumbnails received-nonnie-4-february-2023.jpg  
    Old 02-22-2023, 11:58 AM

Hi Everyone,

I think Marion is the only person left to receive this round... and I know hers is on the way.....(wink wink).

But I have a serious question for you all. As a swap we seem to have a core 5 - 6 swappers and a few that pop in and out. Having so few taking part means that we have a small rotation and often send to each other after only one or two rounds. What I need to know is are you all happy for us to continue. We have three options I can think of and I have listed them :-

1) We continue the way we are and hopefully throughout the months we will gain a few swappers here creating a larger rotation; or

2) increase the time between swaps - at the moment they are every two months and I could move them to every three or four months; or

3) should we stop the swap?

I really do need your feedback on this as this swap belongs to us all. Please feel free to private message me with any thought if you are not comfortable leaving them in the thread!

Hugs

Caroline

P.S. Marion is on her travels for a while and will be stepping out of the swap for a few months but will be back with us when she returns.

Last edited by CarolinePaj; 02-22-2023 at 12:02 PM.
    Old 02-22-2023, 01:21 PM

I definitely hope the swap will continue as it is my favorite! I am ok with staying at every other month or extending the time between. Every 3 months would be a quarterly swap and might work well.
    Caroline…I am so happy that you were pleased with our swap. The pincushion is a pattern by Plum Easy called the Folded Star. I have ordered additional templates so there will probably be others appearing in this group!
    Attached Thumbnails fbde7a40-7e7b-4907-9d8c-c5d0e27412c5.jpeg  
    Old 02-24-2023, 09:01 AM

Default Pincushion swap

I love this swap! I would like to keep it as is ... but will go with the majority. I think we just need to talk it up with our quilty friends!
    Old 02-25-2023, 09:34 AM
    Power Poster

I'm one of the ones who pop in and out... doing maybe one swap yearly. I don't know why more people don't join. It's so much fun. Maybe people have enough pin cushions at their homes? Anyway, I hope to see this continue, but I can't commit to doing more than one or two per year.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 02-25-2023 at 09:45 AM.
    Old 02-28-2023, 05:11 PM

Default Thank you

My PC arrived yesterday ,Caroline and it's amazing. Just HOW do you get your hexies so small and so perfect? Ill post a pic tonight. Please dont stop the swap ,I'll be back. Maybe spread them out a bit but I'll go with the majority.
    Old 03-01-2023, 04:28 AM

As promised...pic of the pin cushion Caroline sent me (and the extra goodies) these hexes are only half an inch wide.so tiny. Thanks again Caroline
    Attached Thumbnails 20230301_201935.jpg  
    Old 03-01-2023, 10:08 AM

Default Glad it Arrived

Originally Posted by m-fay
    As promised...pic of the pin cushion Caroline sent me (and the extra goodies) these hexes are only half an inch wide.so tiny. Thanks again Caroline
    Hi Marion,

I am so happy it arrived. Yep playing with the little hexie's was fun, but I wouldn't want to make a quilt with them - LOL LOL.

I hope your travels are going well... we would love to hear all about it.

We will keep the swap going, but I think we will make it a quarterly swap for the moment,

Hugs

Caroline