Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January Fat Quarter Swap - My Favorite Color Is. . . >
  • January Fat Quarter Swap - My Favorite Color Is. . .

• January Fat Quarter Swap - My Favorite Color Is. . .

Old 01-12-2016, 09:16 AM

Kif - I have a ton of B & W fabrics too and am thinking of doing a kaleidoscope quilt. Something like this - - -

~
    Attached Thumbnails kaliedscope-quilt-black-white.jpg  
    Old 01-12-2016, 03:10 PM

You are so welcome Katie! I loved them too. Lime green, hadn't thought of that combo!!
    Old 01-13-2016, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    Received wonderful b&w fqs from queenof2802. I'm especially thrilled because none of them are duplicates of any I already have. Now to buckle down and choose a pattern for a b&w quilt. I may add in a splash of lime green too.
    Anyone with any terrific pattern ideas you think would make a nice quilt (lap up to twin size I'm thinking), please let me know. I've got tons of books and patterns, but I sometimes have a terrible time deciding on patterns.
    Here's a pic of the fqs, and again I want to say thanks so much to queenof2802!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]539987[/ATTACH]

Regards,
    Kif
    Again, the stripes, lol, was just saying about that this morning. I do not handle stripes well, can't not work with them to my satisfaction, lol. So I respect anyone that does. Love the selection, though, very nice.
    Old 01-13-2016, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by queenof2802
    You are so welcome Katie! I loved them too. Lime green, hadn't thought of that combo!!
    So sorry, kiffie2413. Silly auto correct thought your name should be Katie, lol.

I too am afraid of stripes and have never worked with them in a quilt. I have with doll clothes, but that is a different animal.
    Old 01-14-2016, 04:02 AM

Jane,
    That's a beautiful pattern!

AnngelAnne,
    I'm famous for putting stripes and directional fabrics in my quilts...especially on sashing and borders. I'll post some pics where I've done it. One trick I've found is I often cut along 1 stripe instead of cutting the exact width
    It's actually worked out better a couple of times.

Tracey,
    It was AnngelAnne who posted about not handling stripes, I love that you sent them!
    I'm not afraid of them. But I am intimidated by fmq. No matter how much I say I'm just going to do it more often, I seem to revert back to outline quilting or hand quilting...lol.
    I wonder why you haven't received your pkg...haven't heard from my other partner either...hmmm. hopefully y'all will get them today...

Regards all,
    Kif
    Old 01-14-2016, 07:46 PM

Here are the FQ's that I received from tumrub. Aren't they pretty? Thank you Cathy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]540170[/ATTACH]
    I can't believe I uploaded the picture. Now if I can just remember how I did it!! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails january-fq-tumrub.jpg  
    Old 01-15-2016, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413
    Jane,
    That's a beautiful pattern!

AnngelAnne,
    I'm famous for putting stripes and directional fabrics in my quilts...especially on sashing and borders. I'll post some pics where I've done it. One trick I've found is I often cut along 1 stripe instead of cutting the exact width
    It's actually worked out better a couple of times.

Tracey,
    It was AnngelAnne who posted about not handling stripes, I love that you sent them!
    I'm not afraid of them. But I am intimidated by fmq. No matter how much I say I'm just going to do it more often, I seem to revert back to outline quilting or hand quilting...lol.
    I wonder why you haven't received your pkg...haven't heard from my other partner either...hmmm. hopefully y'all will get them today...

Regards all,
    Kif
    Well Kif, if I had not just gone thru my whole stash a few months ago, I would pick out all the stripes, and even suggestion of stripes I would box it up and send it to you. As it was I took it all out to goodwill and let them have at it. I give you kudos for working with them as I totally find them frustrating. But now that I have only a few (I think some grew back) I am sure I didn't miss them when sorting, not so overwhelming I will try to work with them a bit. Especially with your suggestion of trying to cut alone one strip. Thanks.
    Old 01-16-2016, 04:10 PM

AnngelAnne,
    Lol on the stripes. That's how I feel about paisley...I say if we all liked the same things, how dull the world would be.

Can you tell me the secret to fmq? That's one thing that I just can't conquer.
    Here's a pic of 1 of my quilts I used stripes in. I press the dickens out of it to make sure the stripes aren't "cattywompus". Then if I can, I cut along a stripe rather than an exact measurement. It's by no means perfect, but I know I will never do anything that is...lol
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]540323[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 006-2.jpg  
    Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 AM

AnngelAnne, I received your beautiful FQ yesterday! I don't have ANY of these fabrics in my stash, and they coordinate wonderfully with my other fabrics I'm collecting for the Swoom Quilt. Thanks so much! <script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/829ff9ad/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
    Old 01-18-2016, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by baronreads
    AnngelAnne, I received your beautiful FQ yesterday! I don't have ANY of these fabrics in my stash, and they coordinate wonderfully with my other fabrics I'm collecting for the Swoom Quilt. Thanks so much! <script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/829ff9ad/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
    I am so happy you not only received the fat quarters but are pleased with them. And that they will work for you, made my day. Nothing on this end yet, and of course won't be checking today as the post office is closed, but will have something to look forward to for tomorrow.