January POM Swap

Old 01-12-2017, 08:07 AM

Fun news for me.....and you.....lawsonmugs very nicely agreed to partner with me (the partnerless) this month! so you'll get to see 2 more very pretty stars Thanks Mary!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Just seemed wrong for our hostess not to have a partner. I'm doing the binding on it now. I haven't made one like this and I really think the other pattern is better. You'll all see what I mean when everyone gets them. If the ice comes and goes by Monday or so I will put it in the mail.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:06 PM

So do you prefer the pattern used by the guy in the video w/ the chubby fingers or the modabakeshop pattern?

Very nice of you to partner with our host.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Just seemed wrong for our hostess not to have a partner. I'm doing the binding on it now. I haven't made one like this and I really think the other pattern is better. You'll all see what I mean when everyone gets them. If the ice comes and goes by Monday or so I will put it in the mail.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

I prefer the one with the guy with chubby hands and no iron. I don't know why he doesn't get one. He could get a second hand one for a couple dollars. Our ice storms first pass came through during the night. Didn't do much yet. Put all it takes is a thin film to slip. More coming in the next 30 hours or so. Thought you might like to see a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03503.jpg   dsc03499.jpg  
Old 01-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

Mary, the ice storm was beautiful. I love the little icicles on the fence. I hate ice storms, so very dangerous, but so pretty. WHen we had our last ice storm, we lost a lot of trees and electricity too. but, they are pretty.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

The trees are full of ice and suppose to get more. Not that I want more, but if the sun comes out I will take a few pictures. That's when it is the prettiest. It looks like glass then when the sun shine through the ice. Nelda the first picture shows my neighbor across the road from me. You can make out there garage.( center of picture) In front of the garage in the road is my mailbox. I can't get down there as the ice is to slick and dangerous. I don't know if my swap is in my mailbox or not. Tomorrow my grandson will come over and check the box for us. Just letting you know I don't know or I would thank you.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

Mary, you are quit spread out there.For your
sake, lets hope for no more ice.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
The trees are full of ice and suppose to get more. Not that I want more, but if the sun comes out I will take a few pictures. That's when it is the prettiest. It looks like glass then when the sun shine through the ice. Nelda the first picture shows my neighbor across the road from me. You can make out there garage.( center of picture) In front of the garage in the road is my mailbox. I can't get down there as the ice is to slick and dangerous. I don't know if my swap is in my mailbox or not. Tomorrow my grandson will come over and check the box for us. Just letting you know I don't know or I would thank you.
yes it is there waiting for you.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Power Poster

Thank You Nelco. I'm gonna try to get to the mailbox this afternoon. I also have some blood pressure meds down there. I took a picture this morning to show we got more ice. I tried to get the same picture. It's so foggy you can't see my neighbors house. I wanted to show the same tree now has it's limbs touching the ground with the weight of the ice.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03506.jpg  
Old 01-14-2017, 09:59 AM

Mary, that is a beautiful picture...but I am enjoying it from afar! Stay safe.