Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

• January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-19-2012, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by MDMPanther
    Hoppa...You are so very welcome!! It was my joy to put it together for you!!

Quilty-Louise...I Love your thinking....you have such a wonderfully giving heart!!

Speaking of a wonderfully giving heart Michelle you can just add YOUR name to that list too!

I
    TOTALLY AGREE,
    that Louise you amaze me how you are always thinking of others....and I can't wait to 'meet' you on one of our less hectic trips back to Denver! Then we can head to that fabulous fabric store!!!! Whoo Hoo!

Last edited by onaemtnest; 01-19-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 AM

Default my swap from MDM Panther

Finally here are my pics. Thanks Ms Cupid for letting me know how to do this.

Hoppa
    Attached Thumbnails panel-1.jpg   swap.jpg  
    Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise
    Hypothetical question here to everyone.

IF you were the secret pal (or even as a RAK) do you have
    a favorite magazine that you would like to? and would you like
    a subscription to that magazine.

ALSO along those same lines, have any of you ever in the past
    or present been members of QCA or AQS (Quilters Club of America
    and American Quilters Society)? would you like a membership to either
    of those?

I am a member to BOTH and love them both, PLUS all the magazines
    I get as being members.

I am asking this because I was tossing the idea around in my (otherwise empty)
    head tonight on my hour long drive home from work (lots of time to think).
    It occurred to me that MAYBE sometime in the future I can "gift" someone
    (or two) a subscription to either their favorite magazine or one of the quilting
    clubs. I would do this as a sp gift or maybe even a RAK.

What are your opinions, thoughts and/or likes dislikes to my thinking?
    A couple years ago I did that to 5 quilting friends from cafemom. They
    all loved getting their subscriptions.
    Louise I don't subscribe to any magazines, I like someone else mentioned have never made a quilt from one of the magazines. I did subscribe to Fons and Porters when I belonged to a guild in AZ, I loved their 'tips' page :0) However again a lot of great ideas but I never put needle-to-fabric to make any.

To answer your question I love looking at quilting magazines and would welcome a subscription or SP package with a magazine/magazines included....they are wonderful to look at aren't they?

Congratulations on your test's....with all that you are juggling you simply amaze me!
    Old 01-19-2012, 07:03 AM

LOuise,

I dont subscribe to any quilting magazines but love to read them and dont belong to any of those clubs. Our guild is always getting passing on magazines at teh donation table and what doesnt get taken usually gets trashed. So try and take them so can pass them on to others here who may enjoy them. You are such a kindred spirit.
    Old 01-19-2012, 07:35 AM
    Swap Hosts

Wow! For some reason I wasn't getting any email notifications to let me know about new posts on the thread, then WHAM! Ten pages!
    Robyn, I'm so glad that a cause for Emma's death was possibly found. Her poor daddy shouldn't go through that awful pain. I am sure that a keepsake quilt will bring a tiny bit of comfort.
    Lori, glad your eye problem is fixable. Not a fun fix, but better than no fix at all.
    When the board switched over, in frustration I joined QCA. I don't really participate on the boards, but I do enjoy watching/listening to the shows on QNN while I sew.
    I seem to have a couple of subscriptions to quilting magazines. I got them for free when I purchased something or other - don't remember what. On the downside, I started getting bills for some of them! I kept sending them notices to say I never ordered, but the bills kept coming. They've finally stopped, thank goodness. I don't really care for Fons and Porter as the magazine seems to be one big ad for products and not enough "how to" - but I do love their shows on QNN.
    Another benefit of QCA is that you can download tons of quilt patterns. I doubt very much that I'll ever use 90%, but while my membership is still active, I'm getting what I can. I won't be renewing when it's over.
    I have a huge stack of quilting magazines from the subscriptions and oldies from my guild that are being divvied up as little RAK surprises.
    Once I get over the hump of my new veil collection -- and the opening of my Etsy store -- I'll have time to go through my scraps and will be happy to share.
    I got soooo side tracked yesterday. An old friend from Missouri called and she is a bit of a chatterbox so we were on the phone for quite a while. While we were talking I noticed someone walk up my driveway. I thought it was a utility guy, but I never saw him to into the yard. Then a second later, I saw someone RUN down the driveway. By the time I got to the run door, whoever it was had disappeared and then I saw a police car go by. I went back to chatting and a little while later a detective came to the door. It seems a house a few doors away was robbed. So we were all interviewed. There were police everywhere.
    After they left, I remembered that my next door neighbor, who is a computer architect, had a security camera on the side of his house which he installed after I noticed someone odd wandering around in his yard a few years ago. I called the police department and then there was another round of questions, etc. My neighbor seems to be out of town, so I guess they didn't get the recording from him.
    Then, this morning I let the dogs out into the backyard -- which is gated on two sides. When I went to let them back in, one was gone. The side gate was open -- and it's not one that would just blow open, so someone was in my backyard last night!
    Whoever it is, I hope they catch him soon. This is making me very uncomfortable.
    Well, back to work. Great packages everyone!
    Old 01-19-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by crafty grammie
    Yes Quilty louise, i don't subscribe to any magazines right now. but like the Quilters---I alwaysw look at them in the stores. As far as the clubs- no thanks just yet. This would be a good SP gift as it would last all year And you would always think of your SP when reading it. Crafty Grammie
    I agree completely, I can't afford the magazines or the subscriptions but love them. Since I am just starting out quilting they give me lots of ideas! I am feeling better now and think after Marty's chemo treatment I am making home made noodles to have beef and noodles for supper (using up left over roast from last night) and then I think I will start doing some sewing while noodles dry! I haven't sewed much in the last few weeks, been feeling so rotten.
    Old 01-19-2012, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I agree completely, I can't afford the magazines or the subscriptions but love them. Since I am just starting out quilting they give me lots of ideas! I am feeling better now and think after Marty's chemo treatment I am making home made noodles to have beef and noodles for supper (using up left over roast from last night) and then I think I will start doing some sewing while noodles dry! I haven't sewed much in the last few weeks, been feeling so rotten.
    Homemade noodles....here I was thinking that it was skinny cut fabric strips....ROFLMAO!!!
    Old 01-19-2012, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by hoppa
    Finally here are my pics. Thanks Ms Cupid for letting me know how to do this.

Hoppa
    Yeah!! You're welcome!
    Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
    Homemade noodles....here I was thinking that it was skinny cut fabric strips....ROFLMAO!!!
    leiladylei thanks for the good laugh first thing in the morning.lolBut I understand,like layers cake ,buns whatever all the different precut names are.
    Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    leiladylei thanks for the good laugh first thing in the morning.lolBut I understand,like layers cake ,buns whatever all the different precut names are.
    Yep, that's where my mind is at....thinking only quilting terms....LOL.