Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

• January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-19-2012, 01:03 PM

krystyna can you have motion sensor lights installed on the side and around the back of your home? that may also help as creepers do not like being outed by lights... it defeats their purpose for creeping. keep yourself safe.

i had a mailbox fulls of goodies today. i received both of my sp swap packages along with a surprise from krystyna. i really love all of my goodies. thanks sew much ladies.

my first goody box i opened is from brwn_eyedgirl aka karen. thanks karen for a really nice swap package. it will all be put to good use. she sent me some labels, glue stick, bias tape maker, two bags of fabric scraps and squares, hot chocolate, tea, a lavendar candle & a nice note. the fabric scraps will be used soon for my two psq's in progress. the lavendar candle is going on top of my tv that has become my candle holder (i rarely watch tv). thanks again karen.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]304455[/ATTACH]

my second goody box is from bluequilter aka lois. i was lois' swap partner for the dec sp swap. how nice. thanks lois for a great swap package. lois sent me three packs of trident white gum (thanks soo much), a package of raspberry dove chocolates (yum. my candy indulgence), a travel mug in one of my fav color combos, a retractable tape measure (i always carry one with me), a pattern with fabric (future wall hanging), a pretty note pad, a fq, a compact tote and a note. thanks much lois. it will all be put to use.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]304461[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails brwn_eyedgirl.jpg   bluequilter.jpg  
    Old 01-19-2012, 01:24 PM

yikes.... i just peeked at pics of the swap packages i sent out and realized i got things really mixed up and sent something to the wrong person. i dont know how it happened but it did happen. wow not sure what was going through my mind at that time. ok i gotta do a quick fix here.
    Old 01-19-2012, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    yikes.... i just peeked at pics of the swap packages i sent out and realized i got things really mixed up and sent something to the wrong person. i dont know how it happened but it did happen. wow not sure what was going through my mind at that time. ok i gotta do a quick fix here.
    Don't feel bad, I did that. I sent my SP something that should have gone to my SS and I had to ask for it back, I was so embarrassed!
    Old 01-19-2012, 01:31 PM

Krystyna please be very careful. Keep doors and windows locked even during the day. You never know if someone will just walk in if they can. Also keep a phone nearby in case you need to call for help. I will pray that you all stay safe and that the police find who ever it is that is sneaking around.

Brenda you brag all you want. It's a parents right after all the hard work of raising a child.

Teresa your purple thang will go in the mail this weekend. I ran out of stamps and will need to go to the post office to mail it.

Lori glad to hear that your eye appointment went well. Keep us up dated on your follow up.
    Old 01-19-2012, 01:57 PM
    Swap Hosts

Great packages continue to make me smile!
    Thanks all for the concern. I actually did pick up some solar powered motion detecting security lights at Harbor Freight. I figure if the power goes out we'll still have lights. They were a great buy, but then I noticed they were only 10 watt! Like a nightlight! Back they went and now I'll step up my shopping for more.
    I always have a phone nearby, but only in case I keel over dead. OK. That was dopey. If I'm dead I can't call anyone can I? But with all the scissors and rotary cutters around here, I'm well armed. And having the kind of protection that comes with a trigger helps too!
    I was just outside with my dress form photographing my latest creations when I noticed a little kid running down the block. I also noticed that the detectives were driving by in a plain car. They stopped to watch the kid. Hello? The kid was about 6 or 7!!!
    My son just made a quilted scarf! Now I just need to get my husband into the act!
    Old 01-19-2012, 02:40 PM

You will love Quilting by the Bay. It is a fabulous shop. Ladybug and I are doning a Block of the Month with them this year. The best part of that is each month when we go they always have special deals for the participants. We always get to see all the newest gadgets {you can never have enough}. You know those things that are piled up in a drawer somwhere and you never use but had to have. Your Dads town is just Wewa to people here. They don't like to say the whole word. My Hubby and I some times go to the Honey Festival in Wewa. It's always a lot of fun. It would be great if you came over to Panama City, I'd love to meet you.
    Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter
    You will love Quilting by the Bay. It is a fabulous shop. Ladybug and I are doning a Block of the Month with them this year. The best part of that is each month when we go they always have special deals for the participants. We always get to see all the newest gadgets {you can never have enough}. You know those things that are piled up in a drawer somwhere and you never use but had to have. Your Dads town is just Wewa to people here. They don't like to say the whole word. My Hubby and I some times go to the Honey Festival in Wewa. It's always a lot of fun. It would be great if you came over to Panama City, I'd love to meet you.
    I would love to meet you also... and yes Gail is a Gadget Wisperer, they seem to collect in her checkout basket....LOL
    Old 01-19-2012, 03:01 PM

I wanted to let everyone know that buttons grow's husband passed away at 5am this morning. If you want to send her a pm I think that would be nice, as I don't know that she follows the thread and this way she could read them when she is ready. Lori
    Old 01-19-2012, 03:11 PM

More beautiful packages received today...and wait until you see mine!!! My DH walked in as I was taking pictures and said "WOW, where did all that come from...???", I grinned real BIG and told him, from my Secret Pal Deby!!!!!!

As I told Deby (3NorwichTerr) in my PM, our mail carriers walk their routes here and when the mail initially came today there were no packages so I just thought oh well...and about an hour later I heard the porch door close, the dog started barking and sure enough, the mailman delivered a big beautiful box filled with all of my favorite things! Gorgeous fabrics including a vintage Christmas Past panel which is just stunning!!! and the purple and blue batiks are soooo pretty!!!, 4 spools of Sulky metallic thread, 6 Quilting magazines, a thread pic which I really need (!), note cards to keep in touch with my family and friends, a fuzzy chick greeting card (super cute!), decorative magnetic clips, a pretty tissue holder already in my purse, an ECO insulated cup with a rubber gripper (LOVE IT!) and a Large bag of Ghirardelli Dark Chocolates ..YUMMY!!! The one thing I wanted the most was an easy Christmas Tree Skirt Pattern and Deby found two patterns which she sent to me so I can get started on my 2012 Christmas gifts. Thank you so much Deby for your thoughtful and generous package! I truly LOVE everything!!!***including my Valentines Day socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails christmas-past-panel-deby.jpg   jan_sp_pkg_from_deby%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Moedeenie; 01-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    Old 01-19-2012, 03:30 PM

I think my package must have got snowed in somewhere, heehee. I've missed a lot of the conversations from being sick for the past two weeks. Jeeze, can nothing ever go right?

There has been some really nice packages showing up for folks though!