Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

• January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-23-2012, 08:20 PM

It appears the winter weather has nailed other states this weekend . as it is winter! Hang in there those waiting on the BENCH for your SP PKGS.My guess is the weather has really slowed down the postal service slower than they already are.... BTW postage went up today. 45 cents to mail out a bill or card..... but every dollar I put into my SP SWAPS, is worth it, as it is so much fun to plan, prepare and anticipate :-) Happy sewing !
    Old 01-23-2012, 08:45 PM

i just have a question, why are the bench sitters always waiting some place where its cold? why not wait somewhere warm and sun shiny with your toes caressing sandy beaches or strolling through beautiful waters. or even hanging out in nawlin's enjoying some cajun food or strolling thru south beach enjoying cuban food or even hanging out in cali enjoying wine and cheese. it's just a question.
    Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    i just have a question, why are the bench sitters always waiting some place where its cold? why not wait somewhere warm and sun shiny with your toes caressing sandy beaches or strolling through beautiful waters. or even hanging out in nawlin's enjoying some cajun food or strolling thru south beach enjoying cuban food or even hanging out in cali enjoying wine and cheese. it's just a question.
    wondered that myself..why not the Bahamas with Cabana boys waiting on you with fresh, fruity adult beverages?
    Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 AM

I am really getting worried about my SP..Their package has been sitting in their post office for a week now..They live in the area that got hit by that bad snow storm last week....Diana
    Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    I am really getting worried about my SP..Their package has been sitting in their post office for a week now..They live in the area that got hit by that bad snow storm last week....Diana
    Diana, know just what you mean. My SP pkg was out for delivery since the 18th and haven't heard a thing. Hope she is alright, maybe just not home.
    Hope everyone gets their pkgs today! Have a great day everyone!
    Old 01-24-2012, 07:25 AM

Well I am waiting on the bench close to home so I can keep an eye out for the mailman. But the clue from grandme26 aka Judy could be ME!! So I will wait patiently and enjoy hot cocoa with whipped cream. Today the weather is unseasonably warm, and I LOVE IT!!!
    Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    Well I am waiting on the bench close to home so I can keep an eye out for the mailman. But the clue from grandme26 aka Judy could be ME!! So I will wait patiently and enjoy hot cocoa with whipped cream. Today the weather is unseasonably warm, and I LOVE IT!!!
    Ditto, lauriejo. Maybe it's ME! Haven't been to the PO yet today, though, so maybe..........
    Isn't this weather nuts? Was going to go to the dog sled races to meet Jenn (tiltedears on the QB) at Alleghany State Park, and they have been canceled due to warm weather, rain and NO snow in SW New York in January!!! What the heck!
    Old 01-24-2012, 10:10 AM

Well,I already received my goodies this month, but I made a pineapple upside down cake yesterday that I'd share with your bench sitters. It is a gorgeous day here, iced tea anyone?
    Old 01-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Sounds good! Haven't made pineapple upside down cake in ages!
    Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 AM

Why not just put the "extra" conversation in color print and keep the swap-related stuff in black print. That way we won't miss swap-related info when in a hurry, and can pick out the chatter when we have more time to spend on it. I know I for one have trouble scanning for the important info, like deadlines and signup dates, with this new format. I don't always have the time to sit at the computer for hours looking for particular info.

Lori -- as the old saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished". Take heart, we all love you and appreciate your efforts.