Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon) >
  • January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

• January secret Pal Sign Up Closes Dec 30th (noon)

Old 01-05-2012, 08:22 PM

Look what I learned to make![ATTACH=CONFIG]300777[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]300778[/ATTACH] microwave bowls and a Sherpa Messanger Bag[ATTACH=CONFIG]300779[/ATTACH](bad lighting).
    Attached Thumbnails 001-resized.jpg   004-resized.jpg   005resized.jpg  
    Old 01-05-2012, 08:33 PM

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all their love, support and prayers. They released Emma's body today. Her parents have decided to cremated her and picked an urn today. They also saw her through a window for the last time today. I was also told that a group that makes quilts for baby's that pass away had sent one for her and her parents took it home with them also. They were very touched by this. They will be having a celebration of her life instead of a funeral on Sunday the 15th. We will all be wearing bright colored clothing and releasing purple balloons. I will try to respond to all the pm's that I have gotten this weekend. From my family thank you.
    Old 01-05-2012, 09:32 PM

here is a pic of the quilt i made with the new year day mystery quilt. it was mostly made with fabrics i received from this swap group. now to get it sandwiched, quilted, bound and off to a waiting family member. sometime this year i'm sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300801[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails mine2.jpg  

Last edited by Havplenty; 01-05-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Old 01-05-2012, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    i just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all their love, support and prayers.
    {{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}
    Old 01-05-2012, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Look what I learned to make! microwave bowls and a Sherpa Messanger Bag(bad lighting).
    great job lori! i have one of those messanger bags unassembled.
    Old 01-06-2012, 03:34 AM
    Swap Hosts

Robyn, hugs and love coming your way.
    Mary what a great mystery quilt! You made it on New Year's Day????
    Lori, love the bag! Can you explain the microwave dish thing to me?
    And can anyone who does machine embroidery explain towel toppers to me. Do you put them right onto a towel? I'm confused.
    Melissa's scarves are coming out sooooo beautifully! I am incredibly impressed with how fast she is learning to sew and with her creative process. Watch out Etsy! You have a rising star!
    And hands off the big buttons. I think that even though I donated them I might have to buy them back for some aprons without strings. Some of them look like big cookies.
    I am confused about Pinterest. At first glance it looks like a jumble. More confusion for this old lady.
    Yesterday I spent a good part sewing and watching Nancy Zeiman videos on my computer. Well, mostly listening since I wasn't in the mood to sew my fingers together. I just love her! I joined QNNTV when the board changed, but the free videos at Wisconsin TV are easier to watch.
    Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 AM

So many beautiful handmade items being shared! Havplenty, your New Year Mystery Quilt is soooo pretty! Melissa, welcome to the quilting board, swap and quilting! You are very talented and I wish you all the best with your Etsy shop. Etsy is such a great venue for artists to share their handiwork and for all of us who love supporting our fellow artisans! Lori, I love the microwave bowls and the messenger bag is adorable!

I had a stack of mail to sort through upon returning from my Christmas visit with my children and grandchildren. One of the mailings was the January Clotilde catalog...WOW, so many cute patterns and new gadgets! Oooh, speaking of gadgets, I received confirmation that the item my January SP wanted the most has been shipped and will be received next week. Today I need to focus on completing my pals handmade items. More clues once my package is in the mail.

Have a great day everyone!!!
    Old 01-06-2012, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    here is a pic of the quilt i made with the new year day mystery quilt. it was mostly made with fabrics i received from this swap group. now to get it sandwiched, quilted, bound and off to a waiting family member. sometime this year i'm sure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]300801[/ATTACH]
    love the quilt
    Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    So many beautiful handmade items being shared! Havplenty, your New Year Mystery Quilt is soooo pretty! Melissa, welcome to the quilting board, swap and quilting! You are very talented and I wish you all the best with your Etsy shop. Etsy is such a great venue for artists to share their handiwork and for all of us who love supporting our fellow artisans! Lori, I love the microwave bowls and the messenger bag is adorable!

I had a stack of mail to sort through upon returning from my Christmas visit with my children and grandchildren. One of the mailings was the January Clotilde catalog...WOW, so many cute patterns and new gadgets! Oooh, speaking of gadgets, I received confirmation that the item my January SP wanted the most has been shipped and will be received next week. Today I need to focus on completing my pals handmade items. More clues once my package is in the mail.

Have a great day everyone!!!
    Maureen!!!! I've been wondering where you were. Yes, the Clotilde catalog is fabulous. Too fabulous.
    Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by JauntyMelissa
    love the quilt
    Love the quilt also, what group had that mystery quilt??? I belong to one that we did a NYEve Mystery and don't have time for two this time of year, but would like to get the pattern for that one... The other Group I belong to is a UFO group and have plenty there to catch up on... Any more SP packages going out???