Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed >
  • January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

• January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

Old 01-20-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    I think we all sign up because we want the fun of shopping for someone, and making new friends. If you signed up with the expectation of hitting the motherlode, then I think you signed up for all the wrong reasons. Personally, if I find things in my stash that I know I won't use and it fits the profile, I ship it. Makes room for more stuff I do want. These are just my thoughts and humble opinion.
    I agree...lots of stuff gets given to me by family,friends, my kids, etc. that I will never use, so if someone else will, I stick it in there...and if I buy a magazine and don't destroy it using it as a coaster or notepad or something, I forward that along. Let me also say that Michaels has the most amazing and cute little "things" in the dollar bins....I figure that since I love them and think they are adorable so will someone else!
    Old 01-20-2011, 03:25 PM

I think everyone has gotten really awesome squishies so far!What a great start to the new year and the new swaps :) and just as an FYI, I don't know if a lot of people saw it on the news, but this past weekend, an 18 wheeler full of mail lost it's load all over the interstate...forget what state it was in but it was A LOT of mail and they said to expect delays (obviously).
    Old 01-20-2011, 03:42 PM

Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor dark of night can keep the postman from his appointed rounds, HOWEVER, overturned 18 wheeler....now that's a problem

Originally Posted by brenda21
    I think everyone has gotten really awesome squishies so far!What a great start to the new year and the new swaps :) and just as an FYI, I don't know if a lot of people saw it on the news, but this past weekend, an 18 wheeler full of mail lost it's load all over the interstate...forget what state it was in but it was A LOT of mail and they said to expect delays (obviously).
    Old 01-20-2011, 04:07 PM

[quote=pattis47] Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor dark of night can keep the postman from his appointed rounds,

Nope that saying doesn't apply here! The week it snowed we didn't get mail 3 days! And dh went to work one of those days.
    Old 01-20-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by roda
    Have sent mine and got confirmation but not heard for pal hoping everythings OK
    oops,,, wrong exchange :) Looking for the January Doll Quilt Swap!
    Old 01-20-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450
    I said that I would post my pictures of things my secret pal sent to me. Sorry it took so long, I did't know how to load my pictures into my computor and had to wait for DH to handle it for me. At least now I think I can do it myself!
    Many thanks goes to JanetD. I love the things you sent to me!
    I am so glad you liked the stuff I sent. I told the lady at the store that the candel was for a freind that was a diabetic and I couldn't send a snack. So the raspberry cheescake candle had to do. She told me I was cruel to send something so good smelling. And the little sewing kit I had bought at Jo Ann's years back when I worked there just waiting for the someone specail. Have a great day, Peggy aka: Boop56
    Old 01-20-2011, 04:53 PM

I love the swaps. I really like the idea that someone is sharing some of their 'stash' with you. My freind and I found some neat deals after our quilting guild on monday night, The ladies at Big Lots were laughing at us because we were so excited that we could find great bargins. If anyone ever gets me...I love fabric so you can use me to clean out your stash. Just to get something that someone hand selcted is like Christmas morning for me. Ya don't need to spend money on me. Someones stash is someones treasure. ^j^ Boop56
    Old 01-20-2011, 05:19 PM

I shop thru the year for sales and also check in my stash since I have so much, I figure if I can send it to someone else to use then that is a plus. But I normally do not spend more than the budget. Love this swap. Thanks so much for being such a great Hostess Suzanne.

homecaregiver
    Pat
    Old 01-20-2011, 06:13 PM

I have not gotten my package yet, but isn't the mail date the 21st???? Wasn't starting to worry at all...we are expecting up to 10" more snow by tomorrow night...All your packages look great....
    Old 01-20-2011, 06:36 PM

I have not gotten mine yet either. But we have had lots of snow, schools cancelled, etc. But, I will keep my eyes peeled, looking out the window, just in case, He! He! I like to make something for my sp. So sometimes, I buy fat quarters or material or use some of my stash and use that to make something. I love all the squishies so far.