Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed >
  • January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

• January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

Old 01-20-2011, 06:39 PM

We got 8 inches of snow here last night, so glad I went to the post office yesterday on my lunch break!!! :-)
    Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 PM

Read the 1st page. It says the January swap should be sent out by January 30th.
    Now the one for Febuary says it should be sent out by the 14th.
    My favorite time is the 20th.
    Old 01-20-2011, 07:57 PM

My package was mailed today to somewhere south and east of me and 2 time zones over. It does have to cross the border so hopefully those customs agents are nice to my box. I was told at the PO that it should take 6 business days to get there. Here's another hint:
    Friday -7° C | -11° C Partly cloudy
    Saturday -2° C | -7° C Mostly cloudy
    Sunday 0° C | -5° C Partly cloudy
    Monday 2° C | -3° C Chance of Rain 20% chance of precipitation
    Tuesday 2° C | -5° C Chance of Snow 30% chance of precipitation

This is your weather forecast for the next 5 days but the temps have been converted to Celcius. Don't want to make it too easy! LOL Anyway it is on its way and I really hope that she likes it.
    Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM

I have the most fun seeing the squishies everyone gets. The colors and the special thoughtfully chosen gifts and goodies. I can't say how nice it is to gather a squishy together for someone who I know will truly love it.
    So much better than those 'have to' gifts we have to do throughout the year.
    Remember we are a 'sisterhood' and only one of us can know one of us. And we are soooooooooooooooo SPECIAL.
    I can't tell you how much it has meant to me to have found this board and all the swaps and seeing familiar'faces' on different sites.
    You are all my 'family' and I love everyone.
    Thanks Suzanne for being willing to run interference for all of us. You are a gem.
    One thing that wasn't mentioned as a source of gifts (maybe since it is a little embarassing to talk about) is re-gifting something that might find a better place with another quilter.
    I think it is really important that each of us needs to feel we aren't trying to meet any kind of standard and shouldn't feel that if what one sends is different than another, that's OK. Eash of us us different, and what a blessing is that!
    So much for my words of wisdom for the day
    Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 PM

I checked my delivery confirmation for the package I sent and it is in the state where it needs to be and hopefully will be delivered tomorrow.
    Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 PM

I use my JoAnn's coupons alot. They always have 40% and 50% off coupons if you are on their mailing list. Hobby Lobby and Michaels have great coupons online also. Sometimes squishies might look like they cost more than the limit, but the senders are just creative about how they shop and what they have in their stashes. Like someone said earlier everyone does this for fun and sends from their hearts. It all evens out over the months. You get to meet such wonderful people who you would never get to know if it wasn't for this board and all of these fun swaps! :)
    Old 01-20-2011, 09:14 PM

I got my package today from my secret pal Deltadawn! I loved everything in it. A postcard showing the city she lives in, a small notebook, pencil and pencil sharpner, an eraser, a fabric pouch she made, lovely green and black fabric and candy from UK called Poppets (tastes like Jr Mints) a candle that smeels good enough to eat and more...
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-164789.jpe  
    Old 01-20-2011, 11:32 PM

I did get my package yesterday and will get a picture posted on Saturday. It was beautiful. I am buying a small quilt hanger tomorrow so you can see the beauty of it.

I was in Carson City today to see the ortho, and stopped at Joanns. I had coupons but they also had some really nice things, ie. bobbin holder with pin holder that was 5.97 for 1.97. Some magnetic pin picker uppers for 97 cents, seamer ruler and marking pens for 97 cents so I picked up a bunch to use for this swap. FQ's were 1.29. So, sometimes you can get quite a bit for 10.00.
    Old 01-21-2011, 05:07 AM

I just checked my confirmation number for my squishy that I sent out on the 13th and it states that yesterday "International item released from Customs to Foreign Postal Administration" so hopefully it will get to Oregon in the next few days!!!!

So if you live in Oregon ... be on the lookout!!!!
    Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 AM

I hope it is me. NH is supposed to be very cold and more snow tuesday. got my fingers crossed.
    Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
    My package was mailed today to somewhere south and east of me and 2 time zones over. It does have to cross the border so hopefully those customs agents are nice to my box. I was told at the PO that it should take 6 business days to get there. Here's another hint:
    Friday -7° C | -11° C Partly cloudy
    Saturday -2° C | -7° C Mostly cloudy
    Sunday 0° C | -5° C Partly cloudy
    Monday 2° C | -3° C Chance of Rain 20% chance of precipitation
    Tuesday 2° C | -5° C Chance of Snow 30% chance of precipitation

This is your weather forecast for the next 5 days but the temps have been converted to Celcius. Don't want to make it too easy! LOL Anyway it is on its way and I really hope that she likes it.