Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed >
  • January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

• January Secret Pal Swap - Registration Closed

Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 AM

thanks for the offer Veronica but I think the weather is the culprit in all of this. some people still can't get out of their driveways. We are even going to get more snow/ice. Of course, we still could get some in March like we did last year.

Suzanne
    Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 AM

yes I heard ya'll are expecting snow again Wednesday, my husband is working up in Palestine for a while
    Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
    thanks for the offer Veronica but I think the weather is the culprit in all of this. some people still can't get out of their driveways. We are even going to get more snow/ice. Of course, we still could get some in March like we did last year.

Suzanne
    Old 02-08-2011, 07:38 AM
    tmw

you did get a nice squishy, can i ask you how the bobbin wraps work? thank-you.
    Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 AM
    Power Poster

I've seen these bobbin wraps in the store. some people just buy the small ponytail ties . they just slip over the bobbin like a tire on a wheel. keeps the tread from unwinding. they are elastic. I made some from clear plastic tubing.I sliced it into 1/4" slices and sliced down one side so it would open. then I slip this around the bobbin. This idea was on this board. I don't remember who's idea it was. but it works great. Mary
    Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
    tmw

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I've seen these bobbin wraps in the store. some people just buy the small ponytail ties . they just slip over the bobbin like a tire on a wheel. keeps the tread from unwinding. they are elastic. I made some from clear plastic tubing.I sliced it into 1/4" slices and sliced down one side so it would open. then I slip this around the bobbin. This idea was on this board. I don't remember who's idea it was. but it works great. Mary
    okay, thank-you. those lose ends can sure get tangled together.
    Old 02-08-2011, 04:17 PM

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt Suzanne. That shouldn't happen.... but then again, its hard to believe that some people would receive a package and say that it never arrived. I am so excited when I receive my package that I run immediately to my camera, photograph and post for all the world to see!
    I also feel terrible for the people that send packages that get lost! So much time and thought goes into these swaps. I'd hate for one of mine to go missing, too.
    Old 02-08-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by SuzanneTx
    Okay, ya'll stop. I just wanted everyone to know that I'm just trying to keep swaps straight and to make sure everyone gets something.

Unfortunately, this person had to send her pal 2 packages because the first one was lost. I'm not saying that the recipient was dishonest, but some people see packages without delivery confirmation and will tell the sender it was never received. THAT is why delivery confirmation is so important.

Suzanne
    Wow. Hard to imagine that people would really do that. Never even occurred to me! Thanks Suzanne for all you do!
    Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM

Suzanne,

You do a wonderful job at these swaps!!! Dont let anyone make you think any different!!! You go girl!!!! :)
    Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 PM

Suzanne, you all work so hard to bring us these swaps and you are appreciated. I have learned to use delivery confirmations but they only work if the package is not lost. LOL. Unfortunately I had one and the USPS said all they could do was watch it wander around. I hope that those who cannot enjoy and appreciate the work you do, don't spoil it for all of us because we are so grateful to share with others. I agree with the rules if you fail to comply, you are out for good. It sounds like, although not handled well, she was offended that you asked and did not realize the moderators have to keep tabs. One time I had to ask you and found out she did not get it so sent another and she has it now. Thank you so much for all you do.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-156198.gif  
    Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 AM

I've spent many years selling on ebay so I'm really leery of packages without delivery confirmation. It's not a perfect system but it does help cut down on some stuff.

Let me tell you a little secret. The first month I did this, I was completely overwhelmed and inadvertently gave 2 peoples names out twice. Not one of those people contacted me to let me know that I screwed up. I did make it right and sent out packages to those that didn't have a pal. Since then, I'm very, VERY organized and keep close tabs on these swaps.

Take it for what it's worth and lets just put this one in the archives. I do still have 3 people that are waiting for packages. I'm giving it to the end of this week before I send out negative comments.

Hugs!
    Suzanne