Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • July 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • July 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

• July 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 08-16-2011, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by lheartsl
    Originally Posted by twinkie
    Ironically, my doll quilt swap partner and I both ran into trouble that we could not help so we were both late in shipping the DQ. Since we were both in agreement, it was OK. According to Delivery Confirmation, my DQ should be delivered to lheartsl today. Hope she likes it.
    It did arrive today! It is just beautiful! I love it! You did a wonderful job on it! (thank you for being understanding with my lateness of my quilt, yours should be delivered by friday!)
    My 5 Yo said my quilt from you was cute!
    Thank you again for all my surprises! Just love the little scissors!
    Love the polka dot scissors! :thumbup:
    Old 08-16-2011, 04:55 AM

Well worth waiting for!! All the extras are great, too!
    Old 08-17-2011, 06:18 AM
    Power Poster

I bought a pair of these scissors for myself and just loved them so I decided to buy a few more pair. I have given them for SP and for DQ swaps. Got them at our LQS/Fabric shop which has been in business for about 30 years and is the size of 10 large Wal-Mart fabric departments. DH says it is about 5,000 - 6,000 sq ft and I just love it. Besides they give a 10% discount every Tuesday for those over 60.

Originally Posted by Ms Grace
    Originally Posted by lheartsl
    Originally Posted by twinkie
    Ironically, my doll quilt swap partner and I both ran into trouble that we could not help so we were both late in shipping the DQ. Since we were both in agreement, it was OK. According to Delivery Confirmation, my DQ should be delivered to lheartsl today. Hope she likes it.
    It did arrive today! It is just beautiful! I love it! You did a wonderful job on it! (thank you for being understanding with my lateness of my quilt, yours should be delivered by friday!)
    My 5 Yo said my quilt from you was cute!
    Thank you again for all my surprises! Just love the little scissors!
    Love the polka dot scissors! :thumbup:
    Old 08-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Sounds like a great LQS!
    Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM

Patience is its reward. Evidence is the doll quilt received from sewextreme. It is beautiful. It is called "From my home to your home". Parts are paper pieced from various projects and then brought all together to this masterpiece.
    Thank you sew much. Anytime you want to swap again, let me know. She also sent chocolates, she must have known that is what keeps me mellow.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-243264.jpe  
    Old 08-17-2011, 04:35 PM

Duplicate, sorry!
    Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by emc1118
    Patience is its reward. Evidence is the doll quilt received from sewextreme. It is beautiful. It is called "From my home to your home". Parts are paper pieced from various projects and then brought all together to this masterpiece.
    Thank you sew much. Anytime you want to swap again, let me know. She also sent chocolates, she must have known that is what keeps me mellow.
    Chocolates... anything to keep a great partner mellow!!!

Libby, I am so glad you like the quilt. It was sent with very much love to you. And, most of the time I was sewing it I had a huge grin on my face. :-D
    Old 08-17-2011, 06:04 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Libby, I am so glad you like the quilt. It was sent with very much love to you. And, most of the time I was sewing it I had a huge grin on my face. :-D
    Great quilt--I love your creativity, inspiring!
    Old 08-17-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
    Originally Posted by SewExtreme

Great quilt--I love your creativity, inspiring!
    Thank you. This quilt is the first time I have done more detailed FMQ and LOVED creating it. We have company for a few days and and I am dying to get back at it. If you hit the ctl button and scroll on your mouse you can enlarge the photo and see the FMQ I did in the smaller spaces. Lots of fun ~~but, also, I might add, I had aching shoulders every night :lol: :lol: Well worth it though.
    Old 08-18-2011, 06:19 AM

Sewextreme,
    Cute quilt! :D