Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • July - October 2016 Wall Hanging Swap >
  • July - October 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

• July - October 2016 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 11-04-2016, 04:25 AM

BTW - take a look at Anoka's Christmas Ornament swap. She is running a mini contest for holiday cookies and sweets. Some of them sound REALLY good.......
    Old 11-04-2016, 11:14 AM
    Power Poster

I just received a package from Colorado. A very happy and modern art quilt from Kim (lovethemgreys). There are two wonderful FQs and a package of note cards. Aren't they great! Sorry the colors aren't showing well, much more saturated than picture. I might have to try them with black & white.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561588[/ATTACH]

I think I photographed it upside down. Love the modern look of the quilt with the Victorian note cards. The FQs are bright spring green and magenta. My favorite colors in the crayon box.

Thanks so much Kim.
    peace
    Attached Thumbnails dsc07436.jpg  
    Old 11-04-2016, 12:17 PM

I mailed mine last night, probably not sent out til today! But it's gone!
    Old 11-04-2016, 01:44 PM

Location: Lakehills, TX during the winter, Bayfield, CO during the summer

I'm so glad you like what I sent, Lulu!!! I enjoyed making it for you!!!
    Old 11-05-2016, 08:10 AM

Just letting you girls know that I finally finished my wall hanging and it is in the mail. It should be delivered Monday. I was happy to be done, but sad at the same time. You probably know what I mean. Anyway, mine was probably the last one mailed out, so if it is taking longer to get your wall hanging, you might be my recipient.

Can I just say don't ever buy a Singer walking foot. I purchased this to use with a Janome made Kenmore that I hadn't sewn with much and the foot came apart on me at least 10 times when I was putting the binding on. This machine has a drop in bobbin, and the cover kept popping out while I was sewing, but the thing is, it wasn't broken, just poorly designed.

So now. I have to finish my Secret Santa project. I'm making something really cool for my person on that swap, but it's a secret, so I can't say what it is. An elf's work is never done...

Thank you to all of you who posted that you were mailing your wall hanging out this week. I was freaking out that mine wasn't finished, and your posts were so comforting. Any fellow artist knows that things are not always predictable when we are creating something and not everything goes as planned. I also have a habit of underestimating how long a thing will take.

So I am eager to see which wall hanging I will get. Ube, the one you received is pretty. I like the cheerful colors. I am eagerly waiting for the mail today and hoping I'll get a surprise.
    Old 11-05-2016, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    I just received a package from Colorado. A very happy and modern art quilt from Kim (lovethemgreys). There are two wonderful FQs and a package of note cards. Aren't they great! Sorry the colors aren't showing well, much more saturated than picture. I might have to try them with black & white.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561588[/ATTACH]

I think I photographed it upside down. Love the modern look of the quilt with the Victorian note cards. The FQs are bright spring green and magenta. My favorite colors in the crayon box.

Thanks so much Kim.
    peace
    That is beautiful, and I LOVE that polka dot fabric. Lovethemgreys where did you find that fabric? Any info on the selvedge?
    Old 11-05-2016, 01:39 PM
    Power Poster

hey Sewingsew, we have all been in the late zone, some of us/ me more than once. Its okay. As long as we make it clear that we are behind.

I would take the walking foot back to where you purchased and explain to them what is happening. It may just be a bad foot and they can help you find a better one. One suggestion to try if you can is to try adjusting the pressure foot to a lighter setting. If you are moving through several layers the pressure foot might have to much pressure on it. Do a few scrap tests with scrap sandwiches and lighten the pressure a click each time until you find a sweet spot.

peace

EDIT: I love those polka dots too!

Last edited by ube quilting; 11-05-2016 at 01:41 PM.
    Old 11-05-2016, 01:59 PM
    Power Poster

I just checked my tracking #for the package I sent and it has been delivered to the mail box. This is exciting!
    Old 11-06-2016, 08:44 AM

I was thrilled to get this stunning wall hanging in the mail yesterday. There are no words for how beautiful this is. The photos don't do it justice. Ube, your work is perfect in every way. I love your choice of colors too. Even the sleeve is awesome, so I took a photo of that too. Applique is what drew me to quilting, and it is an honor to have this work of art on my wall. It is hanging right above my sewing machine in my sewing room for now, but it will probably travel all around the house over time.

Lulu--I think you and I live in a parallel universe somehow. We share so many similarities. My Uncle nicknamed me "Lulu" when I was a baby. My walk takes me by a covered bridge. Your walks take you by a covered bridge. You go to breakfast at a restaurant that overlooks an airport, and so do I. Your house is surrounded by woods, and so is mine. You love applique, and I do too!

I know that there are a lot of photos, but I wanted to show everyone the detail of this amazing wall hanging. I also am including photos of the pattern and and over 2 yards of beautiful fabric that was included in the package. That was a big surprise! Thank you so much for your lovely gifts!

This was my first swap on the Quilting Board and I have to say that it exceeded my expectations. It has been so special and thank you to everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails img_20161106_103859.jpg   img_20161106_103915.jpg   img_20161106_104048.jpg   img_20161106_104058.jpg   img_20161106_104207.jpg  

img_20161106_104304.jpg   img_20161106_104944.jpg  
    Old 11-06-2016, 01:16 PM
    Power Poster

Oh my Sewingsew, I am so happy you like it. We do share some similar spirit, don't we!

I hope you enjoy trying the little pattern. I made a test of the pattern to see if it would be fun to do and I give it a fun rating. I made three. They would make very nice gifts. Here is the one I am gifting to myself, made from scraps of course.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561699[/ATTACH]

make it fun!
    peace
    lulu
    Attached Thumbnails dsc07426.jpg