Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • July Postcard Swap, Come join us in the fun! >
  • July Postcard Swap, Come join us in the fun!

• July Postcard Swap, Come join us in the fun!

Old 06-30-2015, 07:30 AM
    Power Poster

I have been working on my postcard too. We sure do have a good list.
    Old 06-30-2015, 07:37 AM
    Power Poster

Everyone has their own idea, but some might wonder what you can do with all the fabric postcards. Well, I wondered too even though I love them. Then our host if I am remembering correctly displays hers in a wide open clear vase for all to see. I plan to find me a special pretty box to display mine on my living room coffee table for a conversation piece. I think I will put a pretty fancy handkerchief or lace doily hanging over one side with them standing up inside. I think that will be pretty. So many ways a person can display theirs.
    Old 06-30-2015, 08:26 AM

I am working on mine too and looking forward to participating. I have looked at the previous month's swaps for information and ideas on how everything works but I still have a question or two. One is about prewashing fabric, is that done for the postcards? The other question I have is about sending in an envelope. I got the impression from the other posts that people like to receive them as postcards or in a clear envelope and that different post offices have different 'rules' about how to send them. What is the most desired way to receive them? This is my first time in the swap and I want to get it right. Thanks everyone!
    Old 06-30-2015, 02:14 PM

I had glass cut for the tops of my tables in my family room, I put the post cards under the glass, nice display. Also they can be hung on a string line under my mantel.................
    Old 06-30-2015, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nan62
    Judith1005, I'd like to try July postcard swap. I'm new. I will PM you my info
    Super Nan, I have added you to the list.
    Old 06-30-2015, 10:07 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pam P
    I am working on mine too and looking forward to participating. I have looked at the previous month's swaps for information and ideas on how everything works but I still have a question or two. One is about prewashing fabric, is that done for the postcards? The other question I have is about sending in an envelope. I got the impression from the other posts that people like to receive them as postcards or in a clear envelope and that different post offices have different 'rules' about how to send them. What is the most desired way to receive them? This is my first time in the swap and I want to get it right. Thanks everyone!
    Hi Pam, You might send a pm to our host to ask these questions. She can probably advise better than me. I like getting them however the person decides to do theirs for me. At first I really wanted sent just like a regular post card to have that postal stamp they do on it. I do have some of those, but some add additional things in their decorating that may keep them from going through postal slots without getting hung up on something like if they sewed on a button on top or something, so then they put theirs in a plastic or paper type envelope or sleeve. We have the part we decorate with fabric on the top and any embellishing, and the iron on stabilizing on the back of the fabric then the paper or fabric back. We print on the back 'postcard', and then we may choose to make lines like on a postcard you buy etc. Lots of examples on Pinterest or just typing in fabric post cards. I have never seen it addressed about pre-washing the fabric or not. I wouldn't think it would matter, but our host would know more on that. I hope this helps some until you can talk to her.
    Old 07-01-2015, 02:41 AM

Thank you JuneBillie, That is helpful. I think I am running on information overload from all the things I've read on the QB. I am probably overthinking some of it. Pam
    Old 07-01-2015, 08:04 AM

Default Sounds Like Fun

I would like to join the postcard group. This would be my first time with the group -- but I do like to make postcards.
    Old 07-01-2015, 09:39 AM

Stashmaker, please pm me with your personal info. I will get names and addresses out by tonight.

JuneBillie, thank you for helping out. Your answer is perfect. I have been a little bit out of wifi range. I am now in KY visiting my mom and helping her get the house ready for company she has coming. I will be home by next Monday or Tuesday night.

I will get your names out to you by tonight or tomorrow morning. I am going to give Stashmaker an opportunity to join us.

Sorry I haven't been more active. I promise, I am reading and will get back with all of you.
    Old 07-01-2015, 01:03 PM
    Power Poster

Welcome Stashmaker. We have a great group here, and our hostess is the best.

Pam P just have fun, and after all when you get the first one done, it will be loved and any after that will seem easy to you. We all started wondering what we were doing. Before this swap, I had never made a fabric post card, but I look forward to them now. I don't always make the best looking one etc. but I sure do have fun working on them, and trying to improve on what I do make.