Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4pm CST >
  • July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4pm CST

• July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4pm CST

Old 07-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Sorry that I haven't been on here to much since it started. Have had kids, grandkids, etc. here for the last 10 days and 12 extra people means lots of "stuff" I normally don't do anymore. Now that all the beds are remade and all the towels washed and put away....I got down to business today. SP I mailed your package and it is on it's way to you. Not my normal but I hope you will enjoy what I'm sending to you. You are very east of me, your least favorite colors are some I use often, you are collecting a certain fabric, which I have to drive 130 miles to buy....sorry that means I didn't send you any, you don't have pets, you've been sewing a long time and you have a large family. The package is stuffed so I hope you will be able to use at least some of the items I sent.
    Old 07-08-2014, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys
    okay clue #2:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]482137[/ATTACH]
    ooooooohhhh, I live in this area!!!! BUT, I don't think it's me because of your earlier clue. Hmmm, wonder who it could be......
    Old 07-08-2014, 05:46 PM
    Power Poster

Reeskylr your package could be coming to me. Are you going to the quilt show in Sisters, OR.? That is on my bucket list.
    Old 07-08-2014, 05:56 PM

I haven't been on here much these past few weeks. I was making sure our chapters fundraiser went ok, and it did. Glad it is over though. Just trying to get the vendors to get goods and funds to me and then deliveries and I can wrap it completely up.
    So I haven't had a chance to post clues. This months SP I have not had before. She lives way West of me, and the fabric she likes and is collecting is the exactly the same as I am, both kinds too. Her favorite drink I don't like at all. So that might make up for some of the days I missed clues. Hope to package it up and get it mailed out tomorrow.
    Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
    Power Poster

I just finished stuffing and sealing my secret pal's package tonight. It will be winging it's way WEST tomorrow! I made something handmade, but it's not sewn or quilted. Hope you like it. We like the same drinks... I included a book by an author I LOVE. Hope you do too! Lots of fabric surprises in there. We like the same kinds! If you get your package in two days, it just might be from me.
    Old 07-08-2014, 09:26 PM

Deltadawn, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Sending prayers of comfort your way.
    Old 07-08-2014, 09:36 PM

SP #1 and SP #2....both of your packages are in the mail. Both of you have hobbies in addition to quilting - one of those is a relative of quilting, the other is totally unrelated. You both seem to be active, as in physically - and also, on these boards! You both live east of me in states that begin with the same letter (it is in the first half of the alphabet).

Ok, hope I didn't give too much away. Grandma Peg found me out last month!
    Old 07-08-2014, 10:30 PM

It's off - going to a state that I love visiting. I saw one of your residents in concert just last month. We've not swapped before and I think you'll be surprised when you get your parcel (I always am, lol, but then, I never guess correctly ).

Not heard of your candy before (no real surprise), but I did send you the thing you wanted the most - a little bigger than you asked . The name of your street tickled me.
    Old 07-09-2014, 03:01 AM

Morning all. I haven't seen any clues that pertains to me however I do have hope. Ok to my SP I will be sewing for you this weekend. Work has me so busy that by the time I get home I just want to shower and sleep! I will be shopping for you this weekend. There is a color you requested one that I do not normally use and one that I do. It's been raining here in the afternoons, more like thunderstorms and lightning. One of those kind of days where you want to sleep in Hope all have a great day.
    Old 07-09-2014, 06:35 AM

Morning all. I am working on both of my July SP's today, Been standing watch over a very dear friend who was battling colon cancer. He passed on Monday evening July 7th. May he rest in peace.
    So on with the clues. I have not had neither one of you before as an SP swapper. #2, You live in a state have never been to. You like the same fabric/notions as I do And the same colors as well. You have a pet. You provided a great info sheet that is making it easy to fulfill some of your items.

SP # 1 have been to you state and through your town many times. You have the same brand of sewing machine as I have.
    I will try to fulfill your wishes best I can. Your least favorite candy is one of my favorites

I am going to try and have both boxes in the mail by tomorrow morning.

Have a fun day everyone.
    Pat