Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4pm CST >
  • July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4pm CST

• July Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30th 4pm CST

Old 06-26-2014, 06:30 PM

I'm in again for this month, just need to send my info to Lori! Just wanted to say "Thank You" for all the work she does for us every month! We sure do appreciate you!
    Old 06-26-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by jaba
    Have all kinds of orphan blocks that could be inspiration to someone else.
    Hmm - I've got orphan blocks, but I'm not sure about them being able to inspire anyone. They didn't me...................
    Old 06-27-2014, 02:47 AM
    Power Poster

I have to agree 100%. Most times what you send out differs from what you receive one way or another, but I am grateful for anything someone sends me. I especially love to receive homemade gifts, however, I would rather give than receive any day. Now to another small point. Please remember to put your name and your QB name somewhere in the package so the recipient knows who to thank. It is very helpful. When the package is received, that is the time the name of the SP is revealed. GOD Bless each of you and I love being a part of this board. BTW, I would love to receive orphan blocks. Even if you re-gift them, it is great to see what others do.

Originally Posted by hav4boys
    Okay, I just got to say this because I need to let it go. When someone takes the time to put an box together, at least take the time to say thank you, even if it was not excatly what was wanted. Good grief, re-gift it. If it is not what you wanted, try filling out the form with more detail. I never would put a box together and waste my hard earned money to purposefully disappoint the receiver. I choose to go above and beyond and love doing it. Just would be nice to hear a thank you even if there are no pictures or any other words. I get more satisfaction out of gifting than I do receiving the gift. Okay, done and letting it go. Have a great day all.
    Old 06-28-2014, 11:41 AM

I'm in again !
    Old 06-28-2014, 11:54 AM

i'd love to join the secret pal swap for july. Thank you.
    Old 06-28-2014, 02:33 PM
    Power Poster

I'm joining you! Woo hoo... Just sent Lori a pm.
    Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM

I have just send the PM to join this swap. It is my first time and I am so looking forward to being part of it. I have heard such good things about them. Happy shopping!
    Old 06-29-2014, 08:07 PM

I'm in again. But want to comment on some information in Lori's post quote
    [ that international parcels can be sent via normal International post (I think it's called Priority mail). ]

There is a normal 1st class parcel post it is not Priority mail, Priority Mail is more expensive than the regular Parcel Post option on International Mail. The parcel post cost will depend on weight -up to 4 pounds it will cost the same if it is less than a pound up to 4 pounds for overseas and varies by country, and over 4 pounds will be more.
    Also Canada has a lower rate than overseas. Priority mail costs more than regular parcel post international mail. The current cost for International Flat rate Priority is $80.50 and does have a 20 pound limit. International Priority that is not in a flat rate box is a lot more than domestic Priority and is priced by weight like domestic priority that is not flat rate, but the rate will be a lot more than the domestic cost. I try to get my international package in a padded envelope, I think it would be less than a box. Before sealing your package you can take it to the post office and have them weigh it and let you know what it will cost and you can then figure out how you want to send it and if there are adjustments you want to make. For example if you have something that is very heavy you might want to reconsider that item. If you want to have the clerk weight it first and you bring your tape and alternate packaging with you-you could choose which way to go, and finish packaging it up at the post office. I don't know anything about what it would cost via United Parcel Service (UPS) as I have not used them. Perhaps if someone has sent via UPS they can share their experience.
    Old 06-29-2014, 08:11 PM

Also you can go to the postal service site USPS.COM and put in the information you have to check the cost of sending the package. It will let you select the country, put in the weight, select the sending options, Priority, parcel post, envelope, and it will give you the cost.
    Old 06-30-2014, 07:15 AM

Thank you Starshine, I do not mail international and did not have a lot of information about it.