Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -- Lucky #13 >
  • June 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -- Lucky #13

• June 2010 Doll Quilt Swap -- Lucky #13

Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 PM

No, they just need to send them to me! Gaigai, since you are the first to respond to this, I'll share one with you if they all send them to me. Ha ha!

Actually, the one person who deserves to get extra quilts is Chele. She's the one who is responsible for all of this fun.
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:16 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Janis
    No, they just need to send them to me!
    No no no! It doesn't work that way. If you don't send a quilt in return you get the dreaded "Flake" label and are banned from any future DQ swaps. :cry: Sowwy!!! But you can do two a month and have your walls covered in no time!! :P

LOL, I'm already doing two this month. I'm finishing up the first one as we speak. I'm a night owl, and am doing Mare Stare for Kaykay. Besides, I think I'm running out of wall space. I'm starting to hang them from the curtain rods!!
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 PM

I still need to finish my May one, which I plan to do tomorrow, and then on to the June one. No, I don't want to be called bad names. I was just offering a home for extra quilts.
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:24 PM

Are you on Central time? I'm on Eastern, so I am a night owl. I used to work nights, and have a hard time going to bed early, like 11:00 or so. I;m usually up until 2Am. how about you. Is Mare Stare the name of your quilt you are doing? I'm not familiar with the names of a lot of quilts. what's it like?
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:29 PM
    Banned

I still need to finish my May one, which I plan to do tomorrow, and then on to the June one. No, I don't want to be called bad names. I was just offering a home for extra quilts.
    I know, and I was teasing too! I wish I were prolific enough that I had a bunch of extra quilts. Of course, I've been unemployed, so I've had lots of time to quilt lately! Maybe we will be matched up sometime. That would be fun. :P As long as you can stand cat hair that is! LOL. This is what happened as soon as I laid the quilt down.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-76471.jpe   attachment-76472.jpe  
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 PM
    Banned

Are you on Central time? I'm on Eastern, so I am a night owl. I used to work nights, and have a hard time going to bed early, like 11:00 or so. I;m usually up until 2Am. how about you. Is Mare Stare the name of your quilt you are doing? I'm not familiar with the names of a lot of quilts. what's it like?
    Yeah, I'm in Houston, so it's 12:30 here. I am a nurse had have worked nights for a long time, and keep the same schedule when I'm off. Mare Stare is the name for watching a pregnant mare who is waiting to give birth. There's a camera in the birthing stall. The thread is
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-24182-66.htm.

To watch the cam, go to Baxter's Painted Pasture and click on the Live Foal Cam:

http://www.baxterspaintedpasture.com/foalcam.html
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:39 PM

Your cat is beautiful!! It reminds me of my Molly. If I'm taking a picure of a quilt and have it anywhere she can get on it, she does. I have pictures of her on my shoulder as I'm hand quilting a quilt. She is small, only about 5 pounds at the ripe old age of 14 or 15. I'd like to have you as a partner some time. I've seen your quilts. They are wonderful! I am retired, but don't get as much quilting done as I'd like. I am in the process of organizing my quilting stuff and my material, or at least trying to do so. I'd started with the material a while ago and have it in see through plastic containers, but have added to it and need to redo some of the containers and get more things organized.
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:42 PM

I have dial up, so I probably couldn't see it. I tried, and I can't get anything to come up. One of these days, we'll join the 'in crowd' and get high speed!
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 PM
    Banned

Yeah, I have just gotten my sewing room semi-organized, but things are still in bins, and it does tend to reproduce when you aren't looking, doesn't it! :lol:
    Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 PM

Ya, and I like to go to Joann's when I have coupons and get my money's worth. I very seldom buy anything there for full price. I wish I had a sewing room. I use the kitchen table and my material is in bins in the garage on shelving.

It's getting time for me to get to bed. Have a good day, and it's been nice talking to you. :)