Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >
  • June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

• June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 AM

Susan your day lilies are really nice. I have some of the yellow but I haven't seen the white ones. All my pansies are starting to grow too tall and nearing their end. I'll have to get replacements but then I'll have to replant. Not in this weather. Today I'll have to go out and water them as I haven't had any rain lately.
    It was 86 here and at one point 91 on W. Market St in Akron. I did a few yard sales and it was too hot for me. I can't even imagine being in Fl. now. I did see a lot of Fl cars up here and I bet they are the ones that brought the heat with them. Maybe I can get some sewing done.
    Old 06-28-2014, 12:22 PM
    Power Poster

Love the pincushion lady.
    Zoey had a great time at the dude ranch, I'll tell you about it later. she's sleeping nw.
    Larry is at the hospital seeing his dad now. I don't do hospitals>I'm there enough for myself.
    I kinda freak out in them.
    The flowers are pretty. I transplanted under my bedroom window tiger lilys. I just love them.
    everyone, show me flowers all day long, i could spend the day looking at pretty flowers.
    I hope Laurie is o.k. and our swap is on for july. I'm ready, even did my pins and my magnet.
    Last year i planted petunias, this year, they just sprang up on their own what a pretty surprise.
    Old 06-28-2014, 01:55 PM

roserips, were you talking to lauriejo???
    Old 06-28-2014, 02:04 PM
    Power Poster

I think this year was my first year to plant petunias. I usually go to this green house to get some flowers each year for the annuals, but it's about an hour away, so we just never made it. I have weeds that badly need taken care of, but it's just been too humid. With lupus I can't be in the sun for long.

Yes that pincushion is so pretty pat, and I love vintage and Victorian styles. I guess sometimes that is the same thing. lol...

When me and my husband were going to get married, he was here, but we drove to Texas so I could meet his family. Well, I got this idea that I wanted us to go on into Mexico while there. This was about 16 years ago. (no way I would go into Mexico today) It was in August. I thought I was going to die of the extreme heat there, and the humidity was unlike anything I had ever been in. I had not been diagnosed yet of lupus, and sjogren's so no wonder I was about to die. lol. I told my husband as we were enjoying ourselves walking around this tourist area with lots of shops, that I need some lemonade like fast or I was going to pass out. lol... They knew we were tourists of course, and one glass of lemonade from one of the outside stands was $5.00. I knew we got ripped off, but I had no choice. If that wasn't enough as we were leaving to cross the border back into U.S. as they looked into our car checking everything out, they seen a bottle which was a large bottle of vanilla that his mom ask if we would pick up, because of how cheap it was there. The guy kept saying liquor? Gene said, no it's vanilla. The guy said, liquor! He made us pull over, and they had the dogs come to our car, and stripped everything out of our car, and my purse, etc. It scared the living daylights out of me, because I had not told my family back here I was there. I started remembering lots of stories I had always heard. My husband had a picture in the trunk of him with a Latin group where he played music, and we had a bag of some wet clothes where we had been swimming. We finally got through, and was cleared, but I was never so glad to be back in Texas. Haven't been back since, and now I don't see that ever happening again. I am now more of a state traveler. lol..Though I don't travel much these days anyway.
    Lynnie I am glad Zoey had a great birthday. I had almost forgot about you mentioning that.

Roserips I remember doing vacation bible school years ago with the kids, and I loved doing it so much.

Have a great day everyone.
    Old 06-29-2014, 06:16 AM

Susan what a great story about your trip into Mexico. I sure wouldn't go there either and we still have Sgt. Tahmooressi jailed there for over 80 days for taking the wrong turn and ending up in Mexico with his 3 legally purchased guns here. He was moving to (I think) Texas for treatment for his PTSD when this happend. So far the Pres has done nothing about it. I think we should boycott Mexico until he comes home. My friend in NH has just been diagnosed with Lupus and I know that she just had cataract surgery and had all kinds of problems with that. It's going to be another hot day today and now looks like thunderstorms. I looked ahead at the weather and saw a lot of 90+ days coming in July.

Everyone have a great day
    Old 06-29-2014, 06:33 AM

Florida weather forecast. At 7:30 this morning it was 81 with 85% humidity. You can't even go outside.
    Old 06-29-2014, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by klaws
    Florida weather forecast. At 7:30 this morning it was 81 with 85% humidity. You can't even go outside.
    Karen it as 80 here at5:30 this Morning in Lynn Haven Florida
    Old 06-29-2014, 09:07 AM

Ladybug, I'm in the Tampa Bay area further south than you.
    Old 06-29-2014, 10:16 AM
    Power Poster

susan, great Mexico story and scary too
    Any word on Laurie?
    I went to Catholic school when i was younger, but I always went to VBS.
    We had so much fun going, and making crafts and such, and playing games.
    I lived in a town with alot of churches, so we had a few weeks of VBS back then.
    Lots of different religions, same story though, great times.
    Old 06-29-2014, 11:49 AM
    Power Poster

Yeah lynnie I always went to VBS when I was growing up, and we loved it. I guess that is why I liked helping have it when I was older. When I was living in Chicago as a teenager, my best girlfriend was Catholic and me Protestant. We decided one day that I would go with her to the Catholic Church and then she was going with me to my church. Our parents didn't know about it. lol..

Pat I am so sorry to hear that your friend found out she has lupus. I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but if she hasn't had it long she will do better. I have probably had it for a long time, but only diagnosed a few years ago. There are so many ways I have been affected by it, but since it became very active the worst by far is the horrendous fatigue. Each year now keeps getting worse, but I have got to fight it. lol..

I feel for you girls in Florida. lol.. Just stay in where it is cool.

Have a great day everyone.