Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st >
  • June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

• June 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes June 1st

Old 07-01-2014, 08:15 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie
    red, i NEED to see your blocks. Please join us again. love your work too. sending you a pkg.
    Karen, would you start now so we can get it going? I'm sure Laurie wouldn't mind. Just worried about her, that's all.
    Need to go to the garden ctr. tomorrow. my pansies are all dead, and it just occured to me, they are not coming back.
    Are they annuals or bi annuals? does anyone know? great advice here on this thread of ours.
    Karen, thanks for offering to host us.
    Pansies are an annual lynnie. If you ever want to check on plants, go to dave's garden. It is the best source of information you can get!
    http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/sea...rch+PlantFiles
    Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 AM
    Power Poster

This swap has had some real problems with the hostesses. Why not have an alternative host in case of emergency that can temporarily fill in at times? It seems the best solution, don't you gals think?
    Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 AM
    Power Poster

RedGarnet222 that sounds like a good idea to have an alternate hostess. Kind of like having a sub to fill in when needed. That way if someone has some illness or anything else that happens unexpectedly in life they won't have to be so concerned, and can just take care of themselves.

Hope everyone is having a good day. We are suppose to have 90 today, and it's darn humid. lol...

I haven't made anything for this month of July yet, because I usually wait until I have a name. Not sure what to do, because if I thought we wouldn't be doing this month I would just be thinking about the chicken for August.
    Old 07-01-2014, 08:56 AM

You guys decide what to do. I give up. I've done all I can. I've called her twice asking her to return my call but no response. Pat went to her house and talked to her. She could at least let us know one way or another. It would only take a minute to send us a message. If it comes to it, maybe we can combine both July and August into one swap next month.
    Old 07-01-2014, 09:10 AM
    Power Poster

That is also a good idea Karen. The only thing I can think of is if Laurie got some horrible news of some kind that has her not thinking about anything else. I think she belonged to some other forums too didn't she? I just hope she is ok.

I am ok with anything though too.
    Old 07-01-2014, 10:53 AM

It's 88 here with a dewpoint of 75 and supposed to have thunderstorms and 1 1/2" of rain. I hope that at least cools it down some. My pansies are done and hopefully when it cools down I can get replacements. It's too hot to even think about planting. It's even too hot to go out and water.

Everyone have a great day
    Old 07-01-2014, 11:51 AM

Lynnie I need you to PM me your address, had some time to get a few bits of material together and will mail tomorrow...
    hugs
    Old 07-01-2014, 11:55 AM

Karen

98 here. right now, we are on CDST... just about 3 PM... Makes no difference to me either, I haven't had time to make anything but if I get into something then I make the time to do what I am suppose to do.. Finished a quilt today and quilted 4 table runners, if I get them on the computer will put them someplace, where???
    Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 PM

I hope everything is ok with lauriejo. This swap has been fun and I would like to join in again sometime.

Really enjoy the pics of the pretty yards. It's interesting to read about the weather everyone is having. There is a heat advisory here today - mid to upper 90s they say. That will make it the hottest day of the year so far. Right now it's 85 and 40% humidity, so not too bad. The humidity some of you are experiencing would be waaayy to much for me!
    Old 07-01-2014, 12:51 PM

Hmm, wasn't aware of hostess problems - sorry, I guess I'm still fairly new. Red, an alternate host is a good idea. We all need help once in a while.

sorry I haven't been commenting much - crazy here - but I enjoy reading and seeing your wonderful pictures!