Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups >
  • June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

• June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

Old 06-21-2018, 04:54 PM

After a friend's retirement party today, I stopped at Joann's to check the price on Kona. It's not on sale, which means you can use that 50% off coupon! Price with coupon is $4.50/yd. It also gave me a chance to compare the white, prepared for dyeing, snow and bone. If they'd had an unopened one, I would have taken it, but they did not; I got just under 8 yards of the white - so am all ready for the next round!
    Old 06-21-2018, 05:31 PM

I finished 6 bags! Mine will be in the mail tomorrow morning. I will PM the tracking number as soon as I have it SBG.
    Old 06-21-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Audrey, no problem at all. I was wondering how you could get any sewing done (non-wedding I mean) with the wedding prep going on. It can be quite consuming. Hope the family stress level hasn't gotten too high! Have a beautiful wedding and we will look for you next time.
    The wedding was last Saturday at Rapid City - (8 hrs. from where I live). Went on Wed. already cause had to finish altering two of the dresses. Wedding went fine and was beautiful. This week I feel like it's a load off my shoulders!
    Old 06-21-2018, 06:26 PM
    Power Poster

peaceandjoy, thank you for the head's up on the Kona at JoAnn's. I'd say you were ready for many more rounds with 8 yds!

MaudeFlannagan, yay! Six bags to swap! Look forward to seeing them. This time everyone's blocks are going to be a surprise to me, because I didn't open them as they came in, like last time.

aborning, getting that wedding done was quite an accomplishment! When my daughter got married I did so much work. Everything! Then at the very last minute she also wanted me to make the gifts for the bridesmaids-- cosmetics travel organizers! I said no to that. Glad the wedding went well and was beautiful. Great memories.
    Old 06-21-2018, 06:42 PM

aborning, Congratulations on your newest family member! :-)

peaceandjoy, Are your 8 yards of the 'snow'? Any time the price is under $5 for new fabric, then I think it's a good deal.

D.Henson, I'm excited to see what I'll get too! I've decided on the setting I'll do with this swap's blocks. The thing is, I'm worried I'll drop everything and start sewing that top when I get my package in the mail. But! I don't want my last 9patch swap top to change from a WIP to a UFO. I want to keep working on it-- but quilting is not nearly so fun as sewing for me, so... well... we'll see what happens. :-p
    Old 06-21-2018, 06:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by givio

D.Henson, I'm excited to see what I'll get too! I've decided on the setting I'll do with this swap's blocks. The thing is, I'm worried I'll drop everything and start sewing that top when I get my package in the mail. But! I don't want my last 9patch swap top to change from a WIP to a UFO. I want to keep working on it-- but quilting is not nearly so fun as sewing for me, so... well... we'll see what happens. :-p
    Well.... if you had tons of dicipline you could withhold opening the package until the other top was done! (Ducking!)
    Old 06-21-2018, 07:03 PM

My blocks are done and packaged up! They will be in the mail tomorrow.

Here is a peek -- I hope you like whimsical cause I didn't realize til I was done that most of my blocks have "cute" elements in them.

I'm really looking forward to the exchange - -I think I know what layout I want to do as well!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596269[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 9-patch-small.jpg   9-patch-2-small.jpg  
    Old 06-21-2018, 07:11 PM
    Power Poster

Nice, Irish Mom! Thank you for the photo. They are all cute, but overall I'm looking at colors, and yours look great. Will watch for your package.

Love the buttons and the bees!
    Old 06-21-2018, 07:30 PM

SBG! lolol Withhold opening that package? ... That's unthinkable! lol How could you make that up?!

IrishMom, I like the little pictures on your prints. Nothing wrong with 'cute' in my opinion!
    Old 06-21-2018, 09:35 PM

My goodness! There are really nice blocks out there. Don't you wish we could all get one of each?