Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups >
  • June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

• June 9 Patch Block Swap Signups

Old 06-29-2018, 10:34 AM
    Power Poster

Cheesehead, can't wait to see your quilt from last time's blocks! I saved mine to put with these new ones and make a big quilt.
    Old 06-29-2018, 12:58 PM

My blocks arrived!!! Thanks to Honchey, JaniceMcC, Evie, obrienwv, and quiltaddict! I did a quick look and loved them all!

We have a big bbq tomorrow at our house tomorrow so feedback will be left after the weekend! Stay cool everyone (it's almost 5:00 here and has a "feels like" temperature of 101! Yikes! I might be moving the eating to inside.
    Old 06-29-2018, 01:06 PM

My blocks just arrived...yay! I have gone through them and I didn't receive a sloth block, but what I did receive was very beautiful blocks. I am more than pleased with all of the pretty fabrics you chose, each block is prettier than the next!

Many thanks to: Billi,Terri,Whigrose,QuilterMomma,DHenson,DShannon ,Givio,Moonrise,Peaceandjoy, and SBG! Your positive feedback for this swap is forthcoming.

A BIG thank you to SBG, for hosting this fun swap!
    Old 06-29-2018, 01:24 PM

Hi all,
    I have left my positive feedback for everyone. If by some crazy mistake you didn't receive a 'positive' from me be sure to let me know so I can make the correction.

Thank you sbg for hosting the swap. I'll be sitting out the next one but look forward to future swaps.

Whigrose

Last edited by Whigrose; 06-29-2018 at 01:27 PM.
    Old 06-29-2018, 02:29 PM

I received my blocks today also!! Thank you SBG for another great swap! I rec'd blocks from Cheesehead, Givio, Moonrise, Billi, Q.Mama, DShannon, happylab, terriamn, Whigrose, and Peaceandjoy. Thanks to all of you. I will be posting my feedback soon.

Now I need to decide on a pattern for my first 9P quilt!! Have a great weekend everyone!
    Old 06-29-2018, 02:47 PM

I came home from a long day. Ha ha it about 4 pm. However, long for me. I went to boot camp at gym and my legs were jelly, came home, got dog, walked to lunch, then park to play with dog and a long summer walk home. This doesn't include my daily morning gardening, so I will wait until I can lay them out and ogle them.

I am so excited to open but a bit tired, so I will wait until I can see straight. I was happy to see that they have arrived. If I don't get a sloth block, I may have to make one for myself. I love sloths and there are a few family sloth jokes so....it may be worth doing even if I am on a fabric moratorium. Although, I have heard BD gives you an exception and mine is in a month.

SBG, I am sorry that someone didn't measure and trim blocks. How else can you know if they are the right size? The first ones I did for this swap were all two small. I tried working with them and got frustrated, kept them for me and did more for the swap. Thank you for checking and doing the work to help us. It keeps it fun.
    Old 06-29-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Cheesehead, can't wait to see your quilt from last time's blocks! I saved mine to put with these new ones and make a big quilt.
    You posted a picture (which seems like many moons ago) of the 9 patches that alternate with red and white half square triangles. I copied it using the red and white half square triangles. Billi did the same configuration but used blue and white half square triangles, hers turned out stunning!
    Old 06-29-2018, 04:02 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    You posted a picture (which seems like many moons ago) of the 9 patches that alternate with red and white half square triangles. I copied it using the red and white half square triangles. Billi did the same configuration but used blue and white half square triangles, hers turned out stunning!
    Oh cool... I love that pattern! Still would like to see yours... maybe when you get it quilted?

So the mystery continues... who got the sloth blocks? Maybe they will turn up tomorrow. Some of our swappers won't get their packages til then.
    Old 06-29-2018, 04:03 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon
    SBG, I am sorry that someone didn't measure and trim blocks. How else can you know if they are the right size? The first ones I did for this swap were all two small. I tried working with them and got frustrated, kept them for me and did more for the swap. Thank you for checking and doing the work to help us. It keeps it fun.
    I can't thank you enough for not sending blocks that were too small. You rock!
    Old 06-29-2018, 04:07 PM

I received my wonderful, colorful, perfect blocks today, but NO Sloth ��- I love them all - thanks to everyone!