Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June-Dec Round Robin  (Closed) >
  • June-Dec Round Robin (Closed)

• June-Dec Round Robin (Closed)

Old 01-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Thank you Kathy N. As long as Bailey is on board and happy I'm happy thank you for letting me know It sounds like you have something fun planned. Please post a picture when you are done. :) Happy Quilting
    Old 01-19-2011, 07:20 PM

Granmakitten you have been wonderful and I have loved your work and Its been great fun to see what you came up with. Thank you so much!
    Old 01-20-2011, 12:34 PM

Karie, and everybody:

You're right. I'm sorry I've been irresponsible and am so late. This was supposed to be completed a month ago and I've messed up.

I'd like to let you know what's been going on with me not as an explanation to negate my appology, but just to show that I really do care and am not ignoring you guys. I had no idea this round robin (being my first) would need so much time from me when I signed up for it... or I would've planned better. As it is, I overextended myself with this, other swaps, and gift projects. Then I had some health problems and got way behind on everything.

I'm currently working on dettonlisa's top, and have put in over 40 hours on it already. I'm happy to do it, 'cause it'll be beautiful when completed. I don't want to just put a plain border on because I feel that would be disrespectful to the center and the other beautiful borders. I've had some setbacks to creatively work through (ran out of fabric I had planned to use, had sewn some pieces wrong and had to rip'em... just normal stuff I'm sure you guys dealt with too.)

My camera died on me and won't turn back on... Or I'd be able to upload pictures as evidence that I'm indeed working on it.

Again, I'm sorry. And I'll get the top out ASAP. I just completed the borders a moment ago and am now pinning the first side to the top before I have to go to work.

Megan
    Old 01-21-2011, 10:16 PM

Okay guys. Here's what I've got.

Dettonlisa's center: my round is completed, boxed up, labelled, and ready to mail to karielt tomorrow morning.

Littlehud's center: my round is completed and boxed up. I am pming her and karie for her address so I can send that ASAP (tomorrow morning, if I get a reply soon enough. If not, Monday morning.) That quilt top is fully completed.

I do not have photos, as my camera is still on the fritz.
    Old 01-27-2011, 01:22 PM

dettonlisa
    I just got your quilt in the mail. I'll try and work on it this weekend. I have some orders I have to fill first buy I think I'll have time to finish your quilt up. I just thought I'd let you know.

:D :-D :D :-D :thumbup:
    Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM

Thanks for letting me know! I cant wait to see some pics
    Old 02-13-2011, 11:01 AM

OK Bailey, here you go with your sneak peek...It is back from the long arm quilter and I have cut the scallop border. I will mail it tomorrow. I have included an extra yard of the backing fabric that you can use for your binding if you want. If you use something else, just enjoy the fabric! I really love this, I hope you do too!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-150927.jpe   attachment-151050.jpe  
    Old 02-13-2011, 11:11 AM

OMG, I love, love, love it! I must be the luckiest RR participant ever!!!!! I have always wanted to try to do a scalloped border but just never got there yet - now I have a wonderful quilt with a scalloped border. It is beautiful and I can hardly wait to have it at home. Thanks to each of you who did such beautiful work on my top and a SPECIAL thank you to Kathy.
    Old 02-13-2011, 11:42 AM

For anyone who wants the scallop border process simplified, Quilt in a Day makes a scallop ruler that really makes it so easy to do.
    Old 02-13-2011, 06:12 PM

absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally Posted by Kathy N
    OK Bailey, here you go with your sneak peek...It is back from the long arm quilter and I have cut the scallop border. I will mail it tomorrow. I have included an extra yard of the backing fabric that you can use for your binding if you want. If you use something else, just enjoy the fabric! I really love this, I hope you do too!