June POM

Old 06-07-2016, 09:27 AM

I'm moving along slowly with my swaps. First time ever for allergy problems.....what a pain! I'm generally a naturalist when it comes to medicinal matters, but for this I had to break the rules and start on an antihistamine. It is helping, so no problem with being on time.
Melanie, happy to hear your machine is back in working order and you will have it soon. makes things so much easier.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I did some handwork today too... hint, hint!
I too have done some handwork this last weekend. We had rainy miserable weather, and a great time to watch a DVD and hand sew. I finished off a set of six Bucilla Christmas decorations and one extra of another kit and as well I made a first Christmas ornament for my new great grand daughter.
Attached Thumbnails bucilla-ornaments-1.jpg   charlotts-1sr-chmas.jpg  
Old 06-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Those are beautiful ornaments, BettyJ! My aunt used to do those Bucilla kits-- the big fancy Christmas stockings for everyone in her family. I don't think her grown kids ever appreciated the beautiful things she made. Hope some of the family still have the stockings, now that she's passed. She made them until she couldn't see well enough to do it any more.

Yours are really lovely and bring back good memories.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:11 PM

What beautiful ornaments!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

beautiful ornaments, what a wonderful gift to have ornaments as a remembrance every year.
My cousin i just got reaquianted with, I give her handmade ornaments every year. Every year, she sings at the white house, so I'm making her music ornaments this year.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 AM

BettyJ those are so cute, that little Santa just has a twinkle in his eyes! I think it was a Bucilla kit that my Grandmother use to get every year. She always did the new calendar and hung it in her kitchen. Remember her saying the sparkles made her happy.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

I am happy to report my two towels have passed the "wash test"! They came out of the wash looking great so soon will be on their way to my partner! I had so much fun making them. Used 'diaper cloth' to make the towels. I highly recommend it.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Betty those are so pretty. Great job done on them. I love seeing pictures. Christmas pictures in june are wonderful. It's in the mid 80's here this week and into the 90's this weekend, so glad to see them.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:49 AM

Those are really nice Christmas ornaments. If I was smart I would start Christmas sewing now. Mary it was so cold here yesterday it didn't get out of the 60's and was in the 40's overnight. It's 68 now but so cold in the house. I did look ahead and it's going to be 90 on Sat. That doesn't even make sense as it's going to be in the 70's before and after. I think I'd rather have the 60's.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

Hi Pat. We have been in the mid to upper 50's at night. Last night low 60's,so even though the days are pretty warm the nights have been great for sleeping. If it is 68 outside open the windows for a bit to let it get warm inside some.I do that then shut the house so it won't take so much to heat it. Not now but in spring and fall.