Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June Postcard Swap, Come join us for the fun! :) >
  • June Postcard Swap, Come join us for the fun! :)

• June Postcard Swap, Come join us for the fun! :)

Old 06-09-2015, 12:27 PM
    Power Poster

I did a bit of sewing on mine today. I should be sending it out this week. I will be good, and try to not show a picture so it will surprise my partner.

Nelco that sneak peek looks really cool, or maybe I should say hot. See I put on sunglasses.
    Old 06-09-2015, 01:09 PM

Finishing up my post card for Judith, will mail Friday. Think Florida Beaches.
    Old 06-09-2015, 02:24 PM

Hello Swappers, you still have plenty of time to finish your postcards. Our hard mail date is the 20th of June. Feel free to mail whenever you are ready.

Cuppy, I will write out my postcard tonight and mail off to you tomorrow. I think we have both been thinking the same thing. But, you couldn't have made anything more perfect for me. I LOVE the beach. Is there any other way to live! (At least for me.)

I will start our mail and received postcard list on Saturday. Don't forget to keep me posted when you mail and receive.

I hope your having fun with the theme this month.
    Old 06-10-2015, 09:10 AM

Do I have a swapper that is interested in swapping with a second partner? Please pm me as soon as possible. Thank you.
    Old 06-11-2015, 03:54 AM
    Power Poster

Nelco I thought I would be sending your post card out to you today, but it may be tomorrow due to a touch of glue I just added this morning (it's suppose to be fast drying, but don't want you getting it, and it is stuck to something). When I finished doing a little more sewing/embellishing on top, I decided to add a bit of glue to tame a little fringe part.

Nelco for a clue, but may put a sneak peak later today if I don't mail today, think (summer garden). Wait! I think that is a big clue.

Have fun everyone. We have a beautiful sunny morning here in East Tn. today.
    Old 06-11-2015, 04:05 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Judith1005
    Okay Ladies, I know some of you would like to know the themes ahead of time. So, here are the themes for the rest of the year. I hope you'll keep coming back and playing with us.

July, 4th of July, Independence Day, Red*White*Blue

August, Our Feathered Friends, Anything to do with Birds. Any kind of bird. If it has feathers, it fits the bill of birds.

September, (Sept. 10) Sewing Machine Day, So, In the Sewing Room is the theme. However you want to interpret it. (Piecing, Applique, Fabric etc.)

October, Halloween or Fall, PLEASE DEFER TO YOUR PARTNER. Where I adore Halloween, my partner may not. I will defer to HER wish. I also will not make her make me Halloween if she is against the Holiday. I will try to match up appropriately as well.

November, Sweet Treats, (cakes, cookies, pies, donuts, jelly rolls, ect.) What would you love to end your Thanksgiving meal with? Do you love a sweet treat with your Coffee or Tea or Cider?

December, Winter NOT Christmas unless your partner wishes to have Christmas. We all celebrate differently. We ALL place a different emphasis on the holiday. Winter to me would be forest trees, animals, snow, snowman, snowflakes, sledding etc. Feel free to expand on my suggestions. I would love to hear your take of what winter is.
    I love all of these themes. I think that is a good way to look at it for December. It leaves it open if someone wants you to make it for Christmas or if they rather it be for winter. It leaves both wide open.
    Old 06-11-2015, 01:35 PM

I think I am done with mine. I hope my partner likes it and remembers this is my first one.
    It is this first thing that makes me think of Summer in Nebraska! I even shared my rick rack. Anyone who knows me know I put it on just about anything I sew.
    Old 06-11-2015, 03:27 PM

Dfelker I finished your FPC today and will put it in the mail tomorrow. I hope that you like it.
    Old 06-11-2015, 07:29 PM

Dfelker I know I will love it I hope u had fun making it will be with us next month
    Old 06-12-2015, 05:59 AM
    Power Poster

Nelco, I will be sending off your fabric post card today as soon as the lady comes in which is about 2:00p.m. I always have her weigh them. I hope you like your card. It represents my summers now since I mostly stay around home. It is a bit shabby chic. lol.. But still very summery. Here is a sneak peek.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]522099[/ATTACH]

I have my pic resized, but mine still show up bigger than most. I could use them a bit smaller. When doing a sneak peek they seem blurry trying to get a small bit.
    Attached Thumbnails 100_2838-small-.jpg  

Last edited by JuneBillie; 06-12-2015 at 06:05 AM. Reason: adding to my message