Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon >
  • June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

• June Secret Pal Sign Up Closes May 30th at Noon

Old 06-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Sis love your Nativity set in your SP package and the jam and scarf, all your goodies, now you need to share, since we are family... later SIS
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:24 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    ~ louisiana is a state with a lot of vowels. actually i think it is the state with the most vowels at 6.

~ tomm what a great 'krystyna' package. you really did luck up on that package. wouldn't you know i bought the same caddy pattern for you. oh well i will pass it on since you no longer need it.

~ brenda fabric.com is having a fantastic moving sale. maybe that who marybeth meant.

~ lori that sewing machine cake is awesome!!

~ lubstoquilt what is in the latest mccall's? i musta missed that post.

mary
    tomm Aw thanks anyway.I did copy off a free pattern months ago online. I went through my patterns and couldn't find it about 3 months ago. So I am glad to have a pattern now.Hope this makes sense.lol tomm
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:27 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    Sis love your Nativity set in your SP package and the jam and scarf, all your goodies, now you need to share, since we are family... later SIS
    NO SIS!!!! All you relatives come out of the woodwork when I get something new.lol The scarf is really pretty I didn't have Don or anyone here to wear it while I took a picture. Not that Don would let me take a picture of him wearing it.But he could have taken my picture with the scarf on.It is so pretty on .Hugs lil sis
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 PM
    Power Poster

p.s. Sis I need to loan it to Auntie Gail first.
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:32 PM

Just went to the website for oneworldprojects and I am freaking out over the gourds...I have three or four large painted ones and I LOVE them.....very excited to order a few of these!!!!
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by brenda21
    Just went to the website for oneworldprojects and I am freaking out over the gourds...I have three or four large painted ones and I LOVE them.....very excited to order a few of these!!!!
    Brenda Gourds are very easy to grow. They grow on a vine. You can plant seeds by a fence for them to grow on. I have made painted bird houses out of them and sold them.Mary
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    p.s. Sis I need to loan it to Auntie Gail first.
    Lil Sis I asked first, and I'd like to borrow the scarf too... love that... Big Sis...
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by sweetwaterquilter

Those bags that suck the air out are great, except it's a squeezed together and unless you open it you can't tell what's in it. They are great for saving space though.

All I can say is "Good Luck'" I feel your pain.

Gail
    Tape a picture of the contents to it.
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 PM

Yippee! taped up all the boxes and mailed them off priority today so everything should arrive by Friday! I'd give out tracking #s but then I'd have to ....well you get the idea. I hope y'all like fabric since it's the major component for each SP package. My lawn is looking crappy because of all the rain here in NY, quite unlike the bluegrass state. I'm also having a tough time finding ripe pineapples at the local Stop and Shop. I had a pet poodle when I was little but never had a yorkie although I do enjoy a nice peppermint pattie. You all might think I sound crazy. No, the pink hair color did not seep into my brain, just passing along a few hints to heighten the excitement and expectation.
    Here's a question for you all: Do you get more of a kick out of making up your SP's package or opening your own? Somehow I really enjoy imagining my SP opening their box of goodies and exploring the contents. I might not always get things perfectly right for each person, but I do try and make things interesting. I was a bit disappointed in myself this go round since I had an awesome surprise I was working on but I ran into a few snags since I was working without a pattern so I put in another Leslie original instead.
    Just a suggestion: if you list that you would like something homemade could you specify if you want something quilty or sewn or if other homemade items are acceptable. I was tempted to send a pair of earrings I made but I wasnt' sure if the recipient would like them or be disappointed. Well for better or worse everything is in the mail. If you l love your package, feel free to lavish me with compliments and if you don't, feel free to lie. ;-)
    love, Pinkwater with the very pink hair
    Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Pinkwater, when I put handmade or home made items on my SP list, I appreciate anything that the person took the time to make for me whether it be jam or cookies or a purse to coaster... I really like the made items...

As for sending or receiving the packages I enjoy it both ways, it's more fun when you know the person will respond online... and put up a picture, I havne't been so fortunate to have anyone I really knew... So I do hope they enjoy what I send...