Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST >
  • June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST

• June Secret Pal Swap closes May 31 4pm CST

Old 06-17-2014, 10:47 AM
    Banned

Well ladies I DID receive my AWESOME package from Knitette in Scotland.

But if you would like some company I will join you on the bench with a tall
    pitcher of ice cold fresh squeezed lemonade not to tart and not to sweet.
    Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 AM

Sounds yummy Quilty Louise, I too have received my lovely box. But will definitely hang out and kibitz with the rest of you till you receive yours. I think because it's so hot here right now, I think I'll bring some chilled fresh fruit to share.
    Old 06-17-2014, 11:28 AM
    Banned

Sounds awesome.

I am so ready for the local fresh fruit to start coming in.
    Of course that won't be until mid-late July more than likely.

Palisade peaches
    Rocky Ford melons

YUMMY

Originally Posted by Judith1005
    Sounds yummy Quilty Louise, I too have received my lovely box. But will definitely hang out and kibitz with the rest of you till you receive yours. I think because it's so hot here right now, I think I'll bring some chilled fresh fruit to share.
    Old 06-17-2014, 09:01 PM

I had a very long day yesterday and when I got home I had a wonderful package waiting for me from Starshine. I received two great quilting magazines, a pattern book for crochet purse, a beautiful FQ of a gold on gold and a gold tone batik. For the sweet tooth I received some butter finger bits and gummy bears. Thank you Starshine for everything.
    Attached Thumbnails anoka-quilter-u72185-albums19087-479586.jpg   anoka-quilter-u72185-albums19087-479585.jpg  
    Old 06-18-2014, 03:23 AM

Good morning all. This is one of those days that I wanted to sleep in. I am literally fatigued today and wanted to stay in bed. But since I was gone last week in conference I have lots to catch up and I also work this weekend So for those of you who are on the bench I do hope you get your pkgs soon. Prayers go out to the Nebraska families from these torrential tornadoes yesterday. Everyone have a great day.
    Old 06-18-2014, 03:27 AM

Morning Ladies, hope everyone has a great day! Tried to post last night and ended up deleting the whole thing. For some reason it wouldn't let me post a picture so thought I would try today. I received a great pkg from Jan full of wonderful goodies.... Cute handmade Christmas ornament, great little quilted box & an adorable little purse pincushion!
    So appreciative when someone takes the time to make something just for me! She also sent a nailfile, 2 note pads, cute cross necklace which my DGD wanted LOL and a great bee pin cushion pattern! Thank you again Jan I loved it all!
    Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

Last edited by Crafty Darlene; 06-18-2014 at 03:30 AM.
    Old 06-18-2014, 03:32 AM

Worked fine this morning! Don't you just love computers! Forgot to say 2 beautiful fat quarters! Have a great day everyone! And to my SP your box will be there tomorrow!
    Old 06-18-2014, 04:57 AM
    Power Poster

To my secret pal, your package tracking says it is in your state and the largest city to where you live. Don't know if it will arrive today or tomorrow but it has definitely made the majority of it's trip. And for those of you on the bench, I would join you but have to work today. Anyone need anything from Wal Mart, I am y6ur gal.
    Old 06-18-2014, 06:03 AM

I received a wonderful package from sewnsew. Thank you so much.
    Attached Thumbnails p1090262.jpg  
    Old 06-18-2014, 07:24 AM

I am in Colorado and hav3 had an epic journey! I left Saturday evening at about 7:30pm and was to be in Grand Junction Sunday at 4pm. Because of the tornados in NE there was a corn grain bin all tore into little pieces on the track in Alanta NE and we were stuck for about 3 hours until they could get it cleaned off the tracks. Then because it took so long they had to get a new conductor to drive the train because he had been on duty to long, we sat for 4 hours while a relief crew drove in from another town along way away!. Then my seat foot rest was broken and couldn't elevate my feet or lean back to rest and only slept for a very short time. I woke up once about 5am and we where stopped again and when I went upstairs and found someone, the conductor having coffee in the dining car, I found out that we were waiting for another relief crew. I finally arrived Monday the 16th instead of Sunday. I was 17 hours late arriving! not loving the train at the moment. Finally when I got there my daughter in law came in the door to get me just as I sat down in the lobby and when she walked up I just lost it and started crying! I do not have any idea why that happen at all. Maybe lack of sleep? They were running out of food on the train and the fact that there was a boy scout convention on the train didn't help any. But the fact is that I DID make it and have a head full of memories because it wasn't an uneventful trip! Took we almost a day to stop walking like a drunk after being on the train and being tipped from side to side with every step!. I will be checking my mail now on a regular basis. Good to see all the great packages going to a and fro and am happy that sewdamncute liked her package as well as she did!