Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Kisses and hugs for mimisharons girls >
  • Kisses and hugs for mimisharons girls

• Kisses and hugs for mimisharons girls

Old 05-07-2009, 07:55 AM

This is so great. This pattern has really got me inspired to make each of my grandchildren a queen size quilt of this pattern for their wedding gifts. I am cutting the first one out and making it from the 1930's fabrics. Just thought you would like to know that my grandchildren are 10, 9, 6, and 5. Do you think I got started soon enough.lol

Terri have fun with all the blocks. I'm sure the quilts will be beautiful and well loved.

Peg
    Old 05-07-2009, 11:34 AM

right, so 38 people times two sets each makes 76 sets! lol I counted 50 sets last week that were finished, photos posted, and mailed, and since then theres been more :) I think your gonna have bed quilts, and tv lappy quilts :) I wonder when mine will get there, they told me 2 to 4 weeks is what is sposed to take from here, but they said it will prob be more like 10 days. But i think it's about 10 days now, so maybe they will get there beginning of next week. I think Everything takes longer from canada :)
    Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM

Some people are making more than the 2 sets which is fine. The more the merrier. Just means the quilts can be bigger, pillow shams can be made and also a lappy for dad.
    I'm sure I'll get more in the mail today. I'll start to lay some out and take a pic so you can see what we have so far. I don't want to start sewing as of yet.
    Old 05-07-2009, 02:55 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    and also a lappy for dad.
    Wouldn't the colors be just a tad too girly for dad?
    Old 05-07-2009, 04:00 PM
    Power Poster

Well, maybe not too girly...afterall, he'll be snuggling with his girls and the quilt. :lol:
    Old 05-07-2009, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    and also a lappy for dad.
    Wouldn't the colors be just a tad too girly for dad?
    I dunno...maybe. But I can pick and choose the blocks for his, so it won't be AS girly. But what does he expect...it's made BY girls! lol
    Old 05-08-2009, 12:23 PM

I've been out of the loop for a little bit visiting my mom. Just read MimiSharon heartbreaking family tragedy. May I help? Do you need more blocks? Batting? or fabric for the back?

Deb
    Old 05-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by sewsewquilter
    I've been out of the loop for a little bit visiting my mom. Just read MimiSharon heartbreaking family tragedy. May I help? Do you need more blocks? Batting? or fabric for the back?

Deb
    Sure, you can help! The more the merrier!!
    There's still time to send blocks.
    I'm fine with batting and backing. We even have the postage taken care of! :):)

I'll PM you my addy and just send away.
    Somewhere on the thread, I think I put that the last day to send would be the 15th, that way I could get all the blocks, put the quilts together, then have them back out by the first week of June.
    Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 PM

I am so in awe of all of you! It has taken me over an hour to read each post and look at the pictures of the blocks. I had to keep wiping my eyes and blow my nose, y'all just take my breath away!

I so wish we could have done the blocks from Amanda's clothing but Rich isn't ready to have them out of his house yet. The girls keep going to their room and looking for her. It breaks my heart so.

I have so much respect, admiration, and love for each and every one of you. Barb and Terri I don't know how to thank you...I have so much love for you both and appreciation for all you do for so many on this board but for my girls. I will post a picture of Amanda soon, I just can't bear it to keep it out right now, I will scan them in soon.

I DO love y'all!
    Sharon
    Old 05-09-2009, 06:47 PM

Awe Sharon, all i did was have an idea. I just knew that the 7 year old, even though she wouldnt be happy about things, would be able to understand, but i just knew that the 3 year old would not be able to understand the concept that mommy wasn't coming back, so i just thought a kisses and hugs quilt to make them think when they cuddle it, that they are getting kisses and hugs from mommy would help. It was just an idea, and so blown away how many beautiful blocks have been made. But more than that, really blown away by Terri's enthusiasm, and her just jumping up to the plate and saying i'll do it. Terri is a real treasure, and she has the hardest work ahead of her. Thanks so much Terri! So good to hear from you Sharon, (((hugs)))