Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Kisses and hugs for mimisharons girls >
  • Kisses and hugs for mimisharons girls

• Kisses and hugs for mimisharons girls

Old 05-09-2009, 11:11 PM

It's my pleasure to do this! No worries there!
    This is going to be fun!
    Everyone has just jumped in with both feet to make this happen.
    I get the fun of putting all the pretty colors together and making sure it's snuggly enough. Ok, the cats will make sure of that....lol
    Old 05-09-2009, 11:18 PM

I dont know how the other ladies feel but I dont feel I really did anything special.
    It was a couple hours spent in prayer to help 2 little girls in the only way I could help. I only hope that with the quilts all 3 will know they are being prayed for and thought of in this time of great sorrow.
    Teri has the real work ahead of her.
    Thank you Teri
    Thank you Barb for the idea what better way for the girls to still get a hug from their Mom.
    Old 05-10-2009, 12:31 AM

That's exactly how I feel. It's something we love to do, so why not spread the love, right?
    Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    That's exactly how I feel. It's something we love to do, so why not spread the love, right?
    My sentiments EXACTLY! AND I'm so grateful to feel that I was able to be a part of SOMETHING which I hope will bring some small shred of comfort to Sharon and her family. One always feels so useless in situations like this. It's so great that Barb and Terri have given us this chance to feel we can help.

Nice to hear from you Sharon - I was worried because I hadn't seen you around for a while. Sending you a great, big BEARHUG! :D

K x
    Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 AM

Hey, Sharon - You are loved!! And so are Barb and Terri for allowing us the opportunity to do something when it's hard to know what to do, so they are the real heros for pulling this together and making it easy for the rest of us. :D
    Old 05-10-2009, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by MsSage
    I dont know how the other ladies feel but I dont feel I really did anything special.
    It was a couple hours spent in prayer to help 2 little girls in the only way I could help. I only hope that with the quilts all 3 will know they are being prayed for and thought of in this time of great sorrow.
    Teri has the real work ahead of her.
    Thank you Teri
    Thank you Barb for the idea what better way for the girls to still get a hug from their Mom.
    Glad to hear from you Sharon and you and your family will remain in my prayers. Hope you have a Blessed Mothers Day and know that you will be in my heart today. Teresa Oh and ditto to the thanks to terri and barb.
    Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 AM

I got carried away. :-) If I had a pink I liked for this project I would have make a set of pink. The color isn't looking true on my computer. There is a set of a purple, green, yellow and a purple, blue green mix.

Let me know if you need more blocks.

I'll get these in the mail tomorrow (Monday). Thanks Barb for the idea and Teri for making these block into a couple quilts. :D
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-23761.jpe  
    Old 05-10-2009, 01:07 PM

I haven't been online much, it's still very hard for me to sit still and think about losing one of our youngin's. I have been working on the prayer quilt for my sister (Amanda's mom), that led me to do a couple of prayer 'hugs' for her sisters, and I know I need to get on one for my mom. But everything is on hold right now until after Roy's birthday party next Saturday.

I have the yard ready, except for a quick mow and edging (yeah, Neil, get that trim done carefully) I have some of the cooking to do, my sil is coming to help with some of it, friends are bringing things, and Neil has the tents and tables and chairs to pick up and set up, but I've arranged help for him.

I ordered balloons for Roy, picked him up a couple pair of comfy pants today, and I have the tablecloths, plastic ware, plates, etc. all done and in the basket. Just need the day to get here. It's going to break my heart not to be sewing much this week, have to fold up the ironing board and put away the fabrics.........but people won't understand unless they love to sew or quilt.

I love y'all, you are my heroes!
    Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by mimisharon
    I haven't been online much, it's still very hard for me to sit still and think about losing one of our youngin's. I have been working on the prayer quilt for my sister (Amanda's mom), that led me to do a couple of prayer 'hugs' for her sisters, and I know I need to get on one for my mom. But everything is on hold right now until after Roy's birthday party next Saturday.

I have the yard ready, except for a quick mow and edging (yeah, Neil, get that trim done carefully) I have some of the cooking to do, my sil is coming to help with some of it, friends are bringing things, and Neil has the tents and tables and chairs to pick up and set up, but I've arranged help for him.

I ordered balloons for Roy, picked him up a couple pair of comfy pants today, and I have the tablecloths, plastic ware, plates, etc. all done and in the basket. Just need the day to get here. It's going to break my heart not to be sewing much this week, have to fold up the ironing board and put away the fabrics.........but people won't understand unless they love to sew or quilt.

I love y'all, you are my heroes!
    Hey, if people don't understand about my sewing mess, I just direct them to a different room (and then they go on the "list" to never, ever make them anything.... :twisted: :twisted: ).

Good luck with your party. Sounds like you have everything well thought out and in hand!!
    Old 05-10-2009, 02:38 PM

Those blocks are pretty!

Sharon, sounds like you have everything just about ready for Roy's party. It's going to be a great time! He'll love it!
    Reminds me....I thought I put his card in the mail, but oops, it's still sitting here on the desk. Will get that out as soon as I drop Courtney off at work. Post office is just down the hill from her work. You should have it by Saturday,,,,,I hope. Can't believe I didn't see it sitting here. UGH!