Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • "Make it round" mug rug swap >
  • "Make it round" mug rug swap

• "Make it round" mug rug swap

Old 04-17-2012, 02:36 PM

So during lunch got all the extra special stuff done for the last mug rug, now to sew it together and quilt it. Oh I hope it comes out like I imagine. Not perfect with this crafty stuff, just bring on the quilts.
    Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 PM

I must be the only person on the planet who didn't realize today was tax day
    The boy and I left early today to get big sister from school, thinking a quick stop at the post office would fit right in. Well...I live closest to the main post office of a city nearing a population of one million people who didn't want to send their tax forms until the very last minute.
    Once I finally got into the parking lot, the boy wouldn't hear of just cruising thru. We fought the moving cars, got inside, and waited about 20 minutes for the automated machine to get postage. The line for a clerk went out the other door.
    We were late picking up big sister, but, at least it wasn't raining--only cloudy and cool.
    The good news is: abdconsultant has a package on the way. 2 business days!
    I hope no one else had the memory lapse I had...
    Old 04-17-2012, 03:58 PM

I love mug rugs! These are great. All of the different edges / bindings make them each special.
    Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 PM
    Power Poster

I had to drop out of the mug rug swap early on, due to my mother passing, but you girls have all done a wonderful job on your mug rugs. I can't wait to see the rest of them. Just wanted to stop by, and tell you all how creative you each are, and sounds like you are having a lot of fun.
    Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie
    I had to drop out of the mug rug swap early on, due to my mother passing, but you girls have all done a wonderful job on your mug rugs. I can't wait to see the rest of them. Just wanted to stop by, and tell you all how creative you each are, and sounds like you are having a lot of fun.
    JuneBillie so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Old 04-18-2012, 06:47 AM

JuneBillie, glad you dropped by ... hope to see you participating next time.
    Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by JuneBillie

HI...glad you stopped by!
    Old 04-18-2012, 07:08 AM
    Banned

I am laid up with a bad foot...Dr said, no sewing, or gardening, or walking....sigh....come this weekend, I will have a TON to get caught up on!
    Old 04-18-2012, 07:14 AM

Well jaciqltznok, do your hands work? Time for some binding or what I am trying to do, ugh, english paper piecing. That does not require that foot at all and will keep you entertained to no end. Do those yo yos. It is only some ideas for ya. You can always cut up fabric for the next project. Oh, just cut up some more stuff for mug rugs. I will keep you entertained for sure. It drove me crazy when I had to keep foot up after surgery last summer. As you can tell, I had some hand work to do and I just can't stand that stuff.
    Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Well jaciqltznok, do your hands work? Time for some binding or what I am trying to do, ugh, english paper piecing. That does not require that foot at all and will keep you entertained to no end. Do those yo yos. It is only some ideas for ya. You can always cut up fabric for the next project. Oh, just cut up some more stuff for mug rugs. I will keep you entertained for sure. It drove me crazy when I had to keep foot up after surgery last summer. As you can tell, I had some hand work to do and I just can't stand that stuff.
    never fear,, I have tons to do! sorting through patterns, crocheting some dish cloths, yep, hands are always busy!