Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

• March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 02-25-2010, 05:09 PM
    Power Poster

Can't wait to see who my partner is this month!!
    Old 02-25-2010, 05:24 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by jljack
    This will be my 4th swap, and I am so excited!! The first 3 I received were far above my expectations....so, for anyone hanging back out of fear or worry of what you will get, come on and have fun. Everyone here does great work, and it is all out of friendship and fun!!! I do know what I am going to do...orphan blocks from my DD and SILs wedding quilt - pink and brown Ohio star.
    I have been more worried that someone won't like what I send or everyone will hope and pray they don't have to swap with me! :-)
    Old 02-25-2010, 05:27 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
    OK, sign me up too. Maybe I can get my head out of the sand long enough to make another doll quilt. Eddie was my partner back in Oct & we had so much fun making them.

I prefer my partner be in the Continental USA please in case I have a rush to meet the deadline. If I start now, should be able to get it out on time...designing & deciding which fabric I want to make the quilt with is the hardest part for me. Does anyone else have that problem?

Look forward to meeting more of you through this swap.
    Oh, my gosh! Yes. I have been creating a stash, and when I sit down at the machine, it all becomes a blur. I end up looking at and feeling all my fabrics, and then my time is up and I have to get back to work. I do love looking at all the pretty colors. Sounds kind of simple-minded, huh? LOL
    Old 02-25-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by BrendaB
    This will be my 4th swap, and I am so excited!! The first 3 I received were far above my expectations....so, for anyone hanging back out of fear or worry of what you will get, come on and have fun. Everyone here does great work, and it is all out of friendship and fun!!! I do know what I am going to do...orphan blocks from my DD and SILs wedding quilt - pink and brown Ohio star.
    I have been more worried that someone won't like what I send or everyone will hope and pray they don't have to swap with me! :-)
    Just jump in it is fun! start with something simple we love whatever we get you can't go wrong!!
    Old 02-25-2010, 05:36 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by BrendaB
    The only thing someone could do that would make me not want to swap with them is to be nasty and or put no effort into a DQ. I don't see that happening with any of our members!! The decisions you make deciding on a design and the fabrics used show your committment to making a DQ that will be loved forever. It does NOT matter if the stitches are perfect - heck mine aren't perfect a lot of the time- and the points don't match--have you seen some of mine?they aren't always on point!!_- so we don't care if it is show quality. We care about the person who took the time to think about what would make us happy when we receive your work of love. How it makes us feel special to receive a DQ from you is what we care about. So quit stressing!! Have fun with this!! We care about you having fun!! It is a learning experience and you can't cook eggs without breaking a few eggshells so you can't make a quilt with out a bit of blood sweat and tears!! LOL LOL it 's all good!!!
    Old 02-25-2010, 07:11 PM

WOW! No one has even seen this baby and I've got people who want it.
    Maybe I'll post a teaser.....
    Yes, that's what I'll do...
    Here ya go!

I told the mini that there were ladies that wanted it and it jumped in the fat quarters I have and is hiding.....can you find it?
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-21148.jpe  
    Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM

ugh! Double post
    Old 02-25-2010, 07:12 PM

If I can find it can I have it?? Is it that wonderful green polka dot print???
    Hugs
    April
    Old 02-25-2010, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
    If I can find it can I have it?? Is it that wonderful green polka dot print???
    Hugs
    April
    Hmm....I dunno. That polka dot green was bought with some Christmas fabric. Not sure what it's doing up there. Thought I packed all that stuff away already.
    Old 02-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Well then it must be the green gingham that has to be it lol
    Hugs
    April