• Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

• March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 03-12-2010, 10:33 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by BrendaB
    Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Nellie and Oklahoma Suzie, I couldn't get to the PO today to mail yours, we had terrible weather with tornado warnings so I will mail them Monday. I'm going to be out of town at a wedding this weekend.
    Ok, I'm in Muscatine, IA. Can you please tell me if the tornado warnings were in my area? Since we moved, I'm afraid I won't hear the sirens. We had a big thunderstorm last night. I love winter--no tornadoes. I work at night and sleep part of the day. I could wake up not in Iowa any more. lol Maybe I should start sleeping in the basement. :-)
    My philosophy is if it is going to hit you it will. I don't worry about tornadoes and I have lived in Iowa all my life. Been through several over the years. I used to be afraid of storms but the only thing that I worry about now is ground lightening. I hate electrical storms especially if I get caught out on the road in one. Other wise I don't worry. Tornadoes are contrary critters and can touch down one spot and leave destruction and then leave the spot right beside there totally untouched.

We didn't have any tornado warnings last night that i know of.
    Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM

Bstbsbus: Glad you rec'vd March doll quilt. This piece was done using Ricki Timms one seam flying geese technique and I thought you would like the ancient cave drawing fabric. I forgot to take a photo but it reminded me of CA hope you can post soon. Moosegirl
    Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Nellie and Oklahoma Suzie, I couldn't get to the PO today to mail yours, we had terrible weather with tornado warnings so I will mail them Monday. I'm going to be out of town at a wedding this weekend.
    Ok, I'm in Muscatine, IA. Can you please tell me if the tornado warnings were in my area? Since we moved, I'm afraid I won't hear the sirens. We had a big thunderstorm last night. I love winter--no tornadoes. I work at night and sleep part of the day. I could wake up not in Iowa any more. lol Maybe I should start sleeping in the basement. :-)
    My philosophy is if it is going to hit you it will. I don't worry about tornadoes and I have lived in Iowa all my life. Been through several over the years. I used to be afraid of storms but the only thing that I worry about now is ground lightening. I hate electrical storms especially if I get caught out on the road in one. Other wise I don't worry. Tornadoes are contrary critters and can touch down one spot and leave destruction and then leave the spot right beside there totally untouched.

Thanks for the encouragement, Rhonda. I'm going on 3 years in Iowa, so relatively new to tornadoes. Been through several earthquakes, though.
    Old 03-12-2010, 12:04 PM

Rhonda I have mailed your quilt and it should be there Monday or Tuesday. I agree with you about the lightening it makes me nervous. Me and the dog LOL
    Old 03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda

Thanks for the encouragement, Rhonda. I'm going on 3 years in Iowa, so relatively new to tornadoes. Been through several earthquakes, though.
    I figure it is kinda like car accidents. You can worry about car accidents when you drive or you can just get on with the journey. I don't mean to say I wouldn't take shelter if need be but I don't pay alot of attention unless I know there is a specific tornado on the ground and has been spotted. Even then I don't really take cover unless it has been spotted close to us. My DH sometimes watches the sky for them when it storms. My SIL is a weather spotter and he will call us sometimes.
    Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Darlene
    Rhonda I have mailed your quilt and it should be there Monday or Tuesday. I agree with you about the lightening it makes me nervous. Me and the dog LOL

Sorry Darlene I am going to have time to work on yours after the 19th. I am working on an order and have grandkids alot over the next week and a half. I hate being late.
    Old 03-12-2010, 03:49 PM

Life is good, the presentations are over and I was able to take some pictures of Moosegirl's quilt and neat extras. Thanks again Moosegirl. I will be working on yours tonight.

100_2525
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6361[/ATTACH]

100_2526
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6362[/ATTACH]

100_2529
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6755[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-6361.jpe   attachment-6362.jpe   attachment-6755.jpe  
    Old 03-12-2010, 03:51 PM

Very nice.
    Old 03-12-2010, 05:19 PM
    Power Poster

Barb...you did great showing the detail of MG's quilt..and it IS really cute! I wanna know how you did those purple and gold little foldy things though MG... :shock:
    Old 03-12-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Barb...you did great showing the detail of MG's quilt..and it IS really cute! I wanna know how you did those purple and gold little foldy things though MG... :shock:

I'd love to know too. They are real special.