Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

• March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
    Originally Posted by OrchidQuiltFish(OQF)[/quote

Can you please tell me where to find the pattern for the bird.

Thank you.
    It came out of a book called Backyard Birds. I don't recall the author. There are about 15 different bird patterns, and a bunch of birdhouse and tree patterns, too. All paperpieced. I really like the patterns, and I'll be doing more.

I will search for it. Thank you
    Old 03-26-2010, 06:44 AM

My partner was quiltingbee12. I sent her quilt last Friday and she got it the 22nd (delivery notification is wonderful). She hasn't posted, so I figure she either didn't like it and didn't know what to say about it or life maybe got in the way. I did see she posted on the 23rd on the April Doll Quilt Swap, so I honestly don't know what to think.
    I decided I'm posting it here anyways. I haven't gotten any new messages from her, so I'm clueless..
    I guess I'm kinda funny that I believe when someone gets something regardless if it's their "cup of tea" or not, at least let the person who sent it that you got it and say "Thank you". This will be my last Doll Quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-31547.jpe   attachment-31548.jpe  
    Old 03-26-2010, 06:48 AM

I think it's beautiful, you did a wonderful job on it.
    Old 03-26-2010, 06:55 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tuesy
    My partner was quiltingbee12. I sent her quilt last Friday and she got it the 22nd (delivery notification is wonderful). She hasn't posted, so I figure she either didn't like it and didn't know what to say about it or life maybe got in the way. I did see she posted on the 23rd on the April Doll Quilt Swap, so I honestly don't know what to think.
    I decided I'm posting it here anyways. I haven't gotten any new messages from her, so I'm clueless..
    I guess I'm kinda funny that I believe when someone gets something regardless if it's their "cup of tea" or not, at least let the person who sent it that you got it and say "Thank you". This will be my last Doll Quilt.
    I'm so sorry you were hurt. Please don't let one person turn you off of the Doll Quilt Swap. If you are quitting for other reasons then I understand but the next partner should be more considerate. I know it is not fun to be ignored. I do hope you reconsider and continue with the swap. You do such wonderful work!! It would be a shame to lose you in this swap!

She might have had other problems going on and hasn't been able to respond. Hopefully she will respond when she can.
    Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by tuesy

Did you send her a PM asking her if it was delivered to HER? Perhaps she has been out of town, or working a week of 12 hour shifts. It's only been a few days. I think a little patience and a PM is a better alternative than a public temper tantrum.
    Old 03-26-2010, 07:06 AM

I agree with Rhonda. Please don't react so hastily. More than likely life has gotten in the way; illness, sick kids, out of town, suffers from depression and can't get herself out of bed, who knows. Besides, it has only been a few days. Give her a chance, please.

I love your little BowTie quilt. I have not made that pattern yet.
    Colors are great. Did you hand or machine stitch the border bows? Cute.
    Old 03-26-2010, 07:10 AM
    Power Poster

Darlene so sorry to take so long but I am getting yours in the mail today!! Hope you like it!
    Old 03-26-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    The dragon fly's are really cute, your quilt is kinda like the one I'm making for my Granddaughter, it has dragon fly's, turtles, frogs, bee's and lily pads, this pattern is in a quilt magazine called quiltmakers all time favorites,spring 2001. Here's a peek and the patterns are paper pieced.

That's the one I used too from the magazine. Gave the magazine away so I studied my quilt and figured out the paper piecing of the wings using Auto sketch. I love the turtles and frogs in the pattern and I use the bees alot on cards.
    Old 03-26-2010, 07:11 AM

Oh my give her a chance. I was out of town for 2 1/2 weeks and my blocks came right after I left so it was 2 weeks before I could post pics and send thank you's. I sure hope I didn't offend my block swap partners. I am not always as prompt as I would like to be sometimes is computer problems. The swaps are so much fun please don't drop out.
    Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 AM

Tuesy,
    Your bow tie quilt is beautiful! You did a great job. :-)