Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

• March 2010 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 03-26-2010, 05:50 PM

I haven't sent mine yet. I am waiting for Blue Bell to be ready. I like to get them at the same time. I am excited about this one. I really think she wil like it. I hope.

Wonderful quilts ladies. I am loving all of them.
    Old 03-26-2010, 07:14 PM

Love the black colored fabric that sets off the quilt.
    Old 03-26-2010, 09:18 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Tuesy, I love your bow tie quilt! I haven't tried that one yet.

Sorry folks, but I can understand why Tuesy said that. I happen to agree. I never did get any response what so ever from my secret santa and I sent some really nice things too; and that was, hummm how many months ago?

I was reluctant to join this swap because of it , but I thought I'd give it a try. I guess I was lucky this time.

I for one have been burned so many times that is why I understand where Tuesy is coming from.

To all of you that have not been burned you are fortunate, to those of us who have, well, we are a little gun shy. I hope everyone understands and will not hold it against us.
    If everyone says how they feel, we should be able to work things out. I'm really sorry some of you got burned. I'm pretty new. I have given it some thought, and even if I didn't get a quilt, I would still be happy I participated, but maybe only once. lol. I hope everything works out and we don't lose anyone. I would miss you.
    Old 03-26-2010, 09:21 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by STAR
    OH MY!! I just got my little quilt in the mail today from Faye and I just love it. I really love that black floral print. the backing is a nice and soft flannel and look at the cute little pocket holding a note signed by Faye!!

Thank you so much I love it!
    How sweet is that? I really love the black background. Nice job. What a treasure.
    Old 03-26-2010, 09:22 PM

Here is the quilt I sent to Jan10. She is unable to post pictures at this time. I had a lot of fun making this and it was easier than I thought it would be.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-32093.jpe  
    Old 03-26-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Grama Lehr
    Originally Posted by tuesy
    My partner was quiltingbee12. I sent her quilt last Friday and she got it the 22nd (delivery notification is wonderful). She hasn't posted, so I figure she either didn't like it and didn't know what to say about it or life maybe got in the way. I did see she posted on the 23rd on the April Doll Quilt Swap, so I honestly don't know what to think.
    I decided I'm posting it here anyways. I haven't gotten any new messages from her, so I'm clueless..
    I guess I'm kinda funny that I believe when someone gets something regardless if it's their "cup of tea" or not, at least let the person who sent it that you got it and say "Thank you". This will be my last Doll Quilt.
    Your doll quilt is beautiful!! Don't let one person spoil your fun! I don't know why she didn't post. Some people post in the wrong places all together. I know that for a fact.........I posted in the Secret Quilt Angel the first time. :oops: Thank goodness a lady PM me of my error so I could put it in the right spot! If you search her name, you can find her posts and see if she did the same thing. :lol:
    Good idea. I had a hard time just figuring out how to find my partner to begin with. It's good to know how to check. Thank you :-)
    Old 03-26-2010, 09:26 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by magnolia
    Here is the quilt I sent to Jan10. She is unable to post pictures at this time. I had a lot of fun making this and it was easier than I thought it would be.
    How cute!!!
    Old 03-26-2010, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by magnolia
    How cute! What a happy quilt. :-)
    Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
    I found the name of the pattern for the dragonflies.
    Over By the Pond wall quilt pattern. I used it to make a quilt for our bed several years ago. If you google Over by the Pond you will find a web site and the pattern is $8.00
    Thank you for the name of the pattern. I love your quilt. I am going to go find the pattern.
    Old 03-27-2010, 04:50 AM

all the recent quilts are so cute....we quilters never run out of patterns and ideas do we....