Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap >
  • March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap

• March 2012 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM

ok, i am exhaustepated!! i just went thru the last 26 pages to catch up!! i will check to be sure i receive e-mails from now on! i am starting my partner's quilt today and want to get it to her by next wek. i am using someone else's pattern this time so it will be a little slower as i have to follow directions......hmmm, so much easier to just do my own thing! lol. i will, of course, embellish it, so it won't be a complete copy. i am excited to get it done! i have recently had a stroke of good luck so i have stocked up my stash, and up-dated my cranky sewing machine to a new one!! this will be my first quilt since then and i'm pretty excited ! but i tore up my sewing room to make room for "stuff" and now i have to dig out the table! 2 bookcases and i still don't have enough room!! lol, what a wonderful problem to have! major smiley face and exuberant dancing!! must go caress my new fabric! so fun!! i'm excited about april, too!
    Old 03-07-2012, 03:56 PM

ENJOY IT! You deserve it! but we must have pictures one day soon of the New 'chine and all the stash!
    Glad to see your happy face is back.

Hugs
    Krazy

Originally Posted by nancia
    ok, i am exhaustepated!! i just went thru the last 26 pages to catch up!! i will check to be sure i receive e-mails from now on! i am starting my partner's quilt today and want to get it to her by next wek. i am using someone else's pattern this time so it will be a little slower as i have to follow directions......hmmm, so much easier to just do my own thing! lol. i will, of course, embellish it, so it won't be a complete copy. i am excited to get it done! i have recently had a stroke of good luck so i have stocked up my stash, and up-dated my cranky sewing machine to a new one!! this will be my first quilt since then and i'm pretty excited ! but i tore up my sewing room to make room for "stuff" and now i have to dig out the table! 2 bookcases and i still don't have enough room!! lol, what a wonderful problem to have! major smiley face and exuberant dancing!! must go caress my new fabric! so fun!! i'm excited about april, too!
    Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Default My little jewel

Look at the spring JEWEL I received from my March swap partner(Krystyna). Isn't it beautiful. She also sent me a sachet that smells of lavender and all the scraps from my DQ, and a lovely card. Bill's doing much better, he felt well enough to go to the Dr. today. I love my quilt. 2nd picture is a sneak peak of your quilt.
    Attached Thumbnails dsc00889.jpg   dsc00890.jpg  
    Old 03-07-2012, 06:50 PM
    Swap Hosts

Ooooo! I can't wait! I'm so glad you liked it. Sort of rushing spring, but I think we need it!Goldsberry, I am giving up on finishing your quilt as completely hand sewn. Tomorrow it goes on the machine so it can still be fun -- but also DONE!

Last edited by Krystyna; 03-07-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM

Colors in the photo of my quilt aren't very true they are pinks.
    Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 PM

Krystyna, paper piecing?? Wow! Fabulous little flowers, K! Good job.

And the one that is coming your way is looking great as well! Another great month at the DQ swap.
    Old 03-07-2012, 07:33 PM

ok, just dropped way too much money at a local store for fabric (surprise) for my gd olivia. she is moving from a 9month size to 12months and it is already summer in texas. i will be making short 'frocks', hats and bloomers. ooooo, i love baby clothes!! don't tell my dh. he thinks it's all for quilting. tee hee--he's beginning to understand THAT, at least! do you know it's cheaper to buy little kid clothes than to make them?! but nowhere near as much fun!! off to play with my new things--anyone want to come over and play? (bring in the last couple of bags on your way past the car, ok? thanks!)
    Old 03-08-2012, 02:55 AM

Very nice quilt. I love the colors!
    Old 03-08-2012, 07:43 AM
    Power Poster

Oh a pretty spring quilt, Krystyna. And a sneak peak from KKrazy looks inviting.
    Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM
    Swap Hosts

Thanks, everyone. I'm now officially hooked on paper piecing!

Just so you can get your creative juices flowing for upcoming months -

April - Colors of Spring - Use only two colors - but you can use as many hues of the same color as you want. No restrictions on thread color!

May - Get Crazy! - This means you can make a crazy quilt or take a traditional pattern in a crazy direction. You decide.

Related to the May theme - as some of you may or may not know, I earn my living by designing mantillas and chapel veils. Consequently at the end of the day my studio floor is covered in lace snippets. If anyone wants some PM me with LACE in the subject line. I can't promise what colors it will be -- generally whatever I'm working on at the moment.