Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st >
  • March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

• March 2014 Pincushion & Needle Case Swap ~ Sign up closes March 1st

Old 03-08-2014, 04:21 PM
    Power Poster

Hummm.......no one seems to be here today.
    Old 03-08-2014, 05:15 PM

I'm here Mary! As a matter of fact I have pictures for lynnie. I received a wonderful pincushion today from nhnative, she also included a needlecase, some lovely pins, and . . . well here I'll just show you!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]466294[/ATTACH]
    Here is a closer picture of the inside of the needlecase and the pins
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]466295[/ATTACH]
    Thanks again partner!
    Attached Thumbnails 100_3121.jpg   100_3120.jpg  
    Old 03-08-2014, 06:20 PM
    Power Poster

Hi Mary, I've been off and on all day.
    Love the needlecase, pincushion and pins. very colorful and bright. Love all of it.
    I guess my partner never received hers today or yesterday. maybe she'll be on later with a pic.
    thanks for posting the picture for us.
    I love the summer days and sunshine theme, a lot can be done with it.
    Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 PM

lynnie I know some of our members don't get their mail everyday so maybe she just hasn't picked it up yet.
    Old 03-08-2014, 10:17 PM

Oh Im so relieved that the date is further out than I thought!! We got the food poisening from Farrells Ice Cream Parlor. We had dinner and desert so who knows. All I know is that it was the worst Ive been sick in a looonnnggg time, if ever. I still have a lingering headache, but Im recovering. I have a neuromuscular disorder so sicknesses affect me in a different way. Things process through my body at a much slower pace so ai often get sicker and am sicker longer, than another person would. This one took me three full days and took the other 5 people about 24 hours. Anyhow, at least its mostly over.

I love the needlecase!! I never knew what that was and I SO badly want one now! Lol after I finish my pincushion Ill have to see if I can figure out how to make one! So much better than the piece of fabric I use! Lol
    Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 AM
    Power Poster

nh did such a beautiful job on the pin cush. and needlecase. I really like the looks of the black with the green.The crocheted clovers a pretty. You could stick a pin in one and wear it on st.patty's day. Very nice swap Lauriejo.
    Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 AM
    Power Poster

I agree with you Mary, I love the striking difference in the blckand green. great decision. and that needlecase is a really cute idea. I didn't know some people didn't get mail every dayBeing in New York, at least here on the island, we get it every day at our door. aren't we lucky???
    Old 03-09-2014, 09:28 AM
    Power Poster

I'm so glad you ladies showed the beaded pins and talked about how you make them and where to buy items for them. I have really enjoyed making them and adding a couple to my pin cushions and needlecases lately. It's just a extra treat to add to it all and not expensive. Lynnie I get mail mon-sat. not sunday. I have heard talk for the last year that Saturday mail may end. Then I heard they will keep sat. and have no delivery on weds. Something about cutting back hours to save money.I rather have the weds cut. at least we wouldn't have to go 2 days in a row with no mail and 3 when there is a holiday on mon or fri. It's a bright sunny day here and gonna be a sweltering 60* maybe. lol. Have a good sewing day.
    Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 AM
    Power Poster

kim I am sorry that you have been sick. Hope you are feeling better. I haven't felt very well lately either, but not from food poisoning. Just not well. I actually hadn't been to the post office in a couple of days, and started thinking maybe i should see if my dear husband would check for me. Well, I guess it will be up to someone else to go check out their mail, because it wasn't mine. lol...

Lauriejo you received a real nice package. That is a very nice pin cushion, and needle case. Also the little shamrocks are cute, and the pins are so pretty.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 03-09-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: additional comment
    Old 03-09-2014, 11:52 AM

I should have said not everyone picks up their mail everyday. Some of them have boxes, po or private, and have to go to town. Others have rural delivery with quite a hike to the box, and this winter that can be tricky. It is also possible they could be out of town or have had a family emergency. I want to give everyone the opportunity to check in before I start chasing them, so I thought 3 days from when tracking shows delivery was fair.