March 2016 Postcard Swap

Old 03-15-2016, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Betty you make such beautiful things for your family. You also stay very busy with your business, your travels, and your sewing.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:46 AM

Betty, Everything you made for you family is so nice.....what a lucky group they are. It' s not too much fun having your tonsils out, but your 3 year old grandson will certainly have fun with his new stuffed animals. Beautiful job on the hanger, mug rug and precious bibs too.
I was wondering if in the area that you live, will fall be coming soon? Have a great week!
Old 03-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Betty, nice job. You make such beautiful pieces. Those little felt animals are just darling!

K-Roll, I received your postcard today. You did a really nice job. It's really special. And, I really love that you included a personal note. I will try to get that posted soon.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:55 AM

My postcard to Lynnie will be going in the mail tomorrow. It is almost finished. I will post again when it's mailed.
Old 03-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

I'll be looking out for the postcard. can't wait to get it.
Love that hanger. I think I'll make some for gifts for the holidays.
Love those stuffed animals. they look like they were done on the emb machine.
And those bibs are adorable!!!
The post card is spectacular!!! Looks like it too was done on the emb machine. beautiful design, very nice.
Everything you made is so pretty and well made. I know your family will love everything you made them
and how special you made them feel for being recipients of them.
Old 03-15-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by owlvamp
Love the felt animals you made. Did you have a pattern for them. I would love to make them for my grandson.
Beautiful stuff and you do stay busy. Love the post cards so far.
http://www.goldenneedledesigns.com/i...qmgh8llevdh1k3

http://www.goldenneedledesigns.com/i...roducts_id=686

https://www.pinterest.com/charitysti...-felt-animals/

Owlvamp, the little stuffed felt animals are made ITH on the embroidery machine, then cut out and stuffed. The Jungle ones have a separate head that has to be assembled to the body, where as the Woodland animals are all in one piece and quicker to make. If you don't have an embroidery machine there is a link above to some on pinterest that are hand stitched. The embroidered ones I made are from Golden Needle Designs.
Also you could Google images and you will find more there. I believe there is nothing you can't find on the internet, it really opens up lots of options. I love making hand stitched felt items, but I don't always have the time and the machine embroidery it a wonderful help when you are short of time.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:26 PM

Betty J, Your beautiful items - and your schedule! The mug rug looks like a tutorial all by itself - lots of beautiful needle techniques. And did you make the little animals' home, that zippered case? I bet you did. What a thoughtful & timely gift for your grandson - and his folks, too.

Judith, glad it arrived & happy you like it...working on April's showers now, our rain ended yesterday and will return on the weekend...great natural inspiration.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Betty you are one busy lady! Love your little animals! you do such wonderful work!
Old 03-15-2016, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by K-Roll
Betty J, Your beautiful items - and your schedule! The mug rug looks like a tutorial all by itself - lots of beautiful needle techniques. And did you make the little animals' home, that zippered case? I bet you did. What a thoughtful & timely gift for your grandson - and his folks, too.

Judith, glad it arrived & happy you like it...working on April's showers now, our rain ended yesterday and will return on the weekend...great natural inspiration.
Yes, K-Roll, I did make the round zipped bag for the animals, the print I used was perfect for it. The pattern is from Craftsy.com

http://www.craftsy.com/patterns/sewi...rtBy=relevance

It is the first blue bag on the page. Quite easy to make, just follow the instructions, although I did not add the pockets to the one I made for Levi.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Linny
Betty, Everything you made for you family is so nice.....what a lucky group they are. It' s not too much fun having your tonsils out, but your 3 year old grandson will certainly have fun with his new stuffed animals. Beautiful job on the hanger, mug rug and precious bibs too.
I was wondering if in the area that you live, will fall be coming soon? Have a great week!
Linny,

Yes we will be going into Autumn soon, not a lot of our trees shed their leaves so we don't call it fall here, mostly the leaves just change colour. Guess we have different kind of trees as we are sub tropical here and we don't get such extremes in our temperatures. Mind we can get some very hot days and some cold ones too but not to many of them.