Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March/April 9 Patch Block Swap-- Sign Has Closed >
  • March/April 9 Patch Block Swap-- Sign Has Closed

• March/April 9 Patch Block Swap-- Sign Has Closed

Old 03-26-2018, 03:00 AM

D.Hensen, ooh, I want one of each! That purple is yummy. But, so are the others. I've got my hourglasses made, just waiting for my pretties to come home.
    Old 03-26-2018, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by givio
    Talk about not knowing what to do with a fabric! Look at these strange fish. I like this combination, I don't know why. I'm saving a block like this for myself.
    It's is a fish swimming in the water and it's cool.

Originally Posted by NZquilter
    I'm going to try really hard to finish my sets this weekend. That is my goal! It's been a tough week here. We were supposed to hear back on Wednesday whether or not we are going to need to move with my DH's job. We are still waiting; the stress is really getting at me! I even have pre-approval on a house loan and have found a house.... Now I have to sit all weekend with still no answer... Hopefully some scrappy 9-patches will ease the nerves.
    Oh my gosh what a rough week you had. I hope things have settled and you had some time to spend enjoying making 9 patches. Also did you get an answer on are you moving/ or staying?

Originally Posted by Gannyrosie
    My blocks have been ready to be sent for awhile, however life keeps getting in the way. First daughter had to have emergency surgery, appendicitis. So out of town for two plus weeks. Finished up my 7 sets,ready to go, then hubby goes into a seizure and stuck in the hospital to another week. He's home now. But 4 days of test, They finally concluded that his low sodium count caused the seizure. Hope this is the end of this, cause I have sewing to do. Will ship them out this week.
    Wow Grannyrosie another swapper with a rough week I hope Mr Rosie is ok now, My FIL has potassium and sodium issues and has been low a couple of times it's really scary we thought he was having strokes. now he drinks gatorade to help keep it elevated.

Originally Posted by D.Henson
    Oh my Grannyrosie, you’ve had a tough month. Sure hope your daughter and husband are doing well.

I have finished 7 sets and will be working on my 8th soon. Here are a few more to share.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]591720[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]591721[/ATTACH]
    DHenson great blocks

Libster you are so organized I'm sure you will be the first posting pictures of your completed quilt and I can't wait to see it.
    Old 03-26-2018, 04:47 AM
    Power Poster

Glad to see the pretty blocks still being made. I haven’t been sewing... have been down with the flu for nearly a week. Waiting and wondering when it will end.

Hope you you all have a good week ahead.
    Old 03-26-2018, 09:28 AM

Hope you feel better soon. This flu is not turning people loose. It seems to just want to hang on forever. Sending healing thoughts your way.
    Old 03-26-2018, 06:27 PM

My goodness! Several with distressing news. Without health everything seems harder, and out of order. And not sure where your home is going to be is unsettling. I hope everyone's week improves! I worked this past weekend, and hope to get more sewing done this weekend, although it's another Saturday at work again. We'll see.
    Let's hope for the best! Cheer up everyone! :-) We still have blessings to count, I'm sure. :-)
    Old 03-26-2018, 07:03 PM

Sewbiz they just had on the news how their is a resurge of the flu. Influenza B is peaking.
    Old 03-26-2018, 07:17 PM
    Power Poster

I called my dr. today and told them I had the flu. They didn't even want me to come in! Too risky, I guess. I told her I'd had it for a week and was out of the meds I had been taking (Advil Cold and Sinus, a lifesaver) and would like to get more. She was willing to call it in without even seeing me, which is something she would never normally do! And she trusted my self-diagnosis, LOL.

I started to feel better today, too. Still feel weakened and haven't much stamina, but I'm not totally and utterly miserable anymore. Hallelujah! If anyone prayed for me... thank you! Now I will work on building back my stamina and getting back to my normal routine.
    Old 03-27-2018, 05:58 AM

Sewbiz, glad you are feeling better but I will give you the same advice everyone told me. Don’t rush your recovery.
    Old 03-27-2018, 06:40 AM

Good morning. My package of 80 blocks for the group went to the post office this morning. Woo hoo! I hope everyone likes them. I look forward to receiving mine next month. I'm working on a UFO that's sitting on my design wall. I'm ready to be finished with it so they'll be space for all those 9 patches.
    Old 03-27-2018, 02:13 PM

I finished my 80 blocks! I will ship them this week. Here is a picture of my last set. These little 9P were fun to make and i definitely got better as I went along. My last half, I had very little to trim and none that went into the “not quite good enough” pile. I plan to work those into my quilt if I can. Couldn’t throw them away.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]591812[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails d66d52fb-e78d-4727-a6d5-25816efd488a.jpeg