Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!! >
  • March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!!

• March/April Table runner/Table mat Swap!!!!

Old 04-06-2014, 06:59 PM

Brat I tried to talk my youngest dd into having Easter but she was smart and said no Mom you do such good job then she said the the truth that she I didn't want the mess. We will have 5 adults and 5 grandkids and celebrate our youngest grand daughter's 4 th birthday. I have been on a very strict new way of eating ( fancy term for dieting) and not thrilled about preparing a bunch of tempting goodies. Dh is the cook in the family but I have always enjoyed making Easter dinner.
    Old 04-07-2014, 05:27 AM

Terriam, I know your on a diet, its only food. Its ok. THe gift is the family so maybe the temptations will be only that but the gift will really be the family spending time with you. So be happy for this. Even if your tempted.

I am spending the day alone. Steve is not sure if he is working and well everyone is somewhere else. Its sorta sad. I love sharing easter with everyone. My favorite dish for the holiday don't laugh is something that is ritz crackers, pineapple, cheddar cheese and butter and boy is it good. A very low nutrition meal. Steve cant stand it. My kids love it but well since they wont be here I probably will not be making it. He also does not care for ham. Boy is he no fun! its a good thing forces me to eat correctly sigh. That is not as much fun so I will do what I do best I will ... SEW. oh woe is me
    Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 AM

You don't need to spend the day alone and sewing brat! I'll make the ham, etc. and you bring your ritz crackers dish. Steve can just work all he wants and you can eat ham like you want. Everyone happy happy!!
    Old 04-08-2014, 03:36 AM

how very sweet Jan! don't know if the gun shop is opened all day part of the day.. we will just have to see. I figure he will ask about it eventually. Today is my lucky day! after I nap I get to do.. TAXS! oh boy! what fun! I can hardly wait! I sure hope we don't owe like we did last year. Sheesh each year we make less and less and pay more and more. I think three months of not working should in theory lower the taxs but then of course you owe money on unemployment not sure if he took taxs out or not! oh dear! wish me luck. I think it might be ugly .. AGAIN! this year however will be a breeze. Phew. Something to look forward to. Making so little that your not even on the radar! yippee!!!
    Old 04-08-2014, 05:16 AM

Hope you're not going to owe brat, they don't take taxes out of unemployment. That is one thing about it that sucks!!
    Checked tracking today on the table mat for Kendra and now it says it's still in route, mailed it March 26th so hopefully she will get it soon. She's mailing mine today, will be interesting to see which is the faster route, going to or coming from Canada.
    Have to get ready to go to Montana for the doctor, will check in tonight.
    Old 04-09-2014, 02:33 PM

I just saw the cat I had to turn into the shelter in the humane society adopt me booklet they send. this means that kitty has been at the shelter for 10 months now. I am sick. I have had a very bad day because of this trying like heck to appreciate the fact I am not living under a bridge but never would I have came here knowing this. I tried so hard to adopt her in CA and hoped WY would be different. We had a high kill shelter they don't. So after many tears I gave her up knowing she would be adopted. Sigh. I see that is not the case. What is wrong with everyone here?? CA is much more cat friendly than Wy who would have thought. So now I am on the mission to find a place asap. Wish me lots of luck. I need close to dialysis yet willing to pay ridiculous sums just to get into a house for that cat. I am so sad! sigh.. life moves forward. I wonder do people also? if so I want to back step right now big time.
    Old 04-09-2014, 02:44 PM

OOOOHH Brat, I am so sorry - I wish I could get the kitty (like I NEED one more animal - but I would).. I've often said if I lived in the country and had a big house, lots of room, I would take about any animal out there without a home. It breaks my heart to see ones without someone to love them. Here's some prayers and hugs that you find a home for it.

I did receive my table runner today from MizMelly - isn't it a keeper? Love the colors in it. Thanks Melanie. You should have received mine today too..
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]470943[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails runner-14-mizmelly.jpg  
    Old 04-09-2014, 03:06 PM

Oh...my....what a wonderful runner you have made! Happy Spring for sure!
    Fun to see what everyone is doing!
    Bee
    Old 04-09-2014, 05:18 PM

wowsa that is one colorful floral quilt Oksewnsew! love it! it looks so good you can send it to me if you end up hating it its really pretty. Its nice to get something.. different than the norm. Perks things up so to speak. And thank you for the kind words on my kitty. It is heartbreaking to say the least.
    Old 04-09-2014, 05:51 PM

Jean beautiful runner,it really says spring. Brat we'd take your cat also. Mom just got a 4 year old cat from a lady who was allergic to her. Cinder has already brought her so much joy.

I haven't worked on my runner the last few days. Have had quite a scare at work. Dh and I work at the same place, 13 years ago the company was bought out and we made it through all the layoffs. Life has been good. I have been there 35 years this summer and he has been there 28 years. Monday we found out some of our departments were going to be moved out of state to our sister company. Turns out the two departments are both mine. Not worried about me but dh. Cried for 2 days but dh is feeling more confident and I'm coming around. Just took the wind out of our sails. Have to get back to the tablerunner and forget my troubling thoughts

Terriamn