Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March -June 2019 Wall Hanging Swap >
  • March -June 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

• March -June 2019 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 04-28-2019, 06:46 AM

Ube, Teen and Skaduzy, I love your nature pictures. Florida is so hot and dry it takes a lot of patience and perseverance to grow and maintain flowing plants. So, definitely am enjoying yours.

Teen, congratulations on the sale of your house. When will the building finish on the house you are building right now? You are going to be one busy lady till everything is done and your are settled. But, it will be so worth it when it is all said and done.

Ube, your photos and little cottage in the woods are just too peaceful for words. I enjoy the photos you share. I'm not a big nature girl. But, the peacefulness of it all really calls to me.

skaduzy, your daffs are beautiful. I vaguely remember my grandmothers garden having daffs. My mother planted like a ton of those in her planting beds one year and the moles ate most of the bulbs. No pretty plants that year.
    Old 04-28-2019, 06:54 AM

Anna, very cute pineapple mini. My mother used to say that pineapple's in a person's home was a welcoming sign.

Granky, I made a red and black quilt once for a wedding quilt. I hated working on that quilt. It came out nice. But definitely not my colors. I very rarely work with black if I can help it.
    Old 04-28-2019, 09:54 AM

Actually, I have nothing against black....it goes nicely with most colors, actually compliments them...it's the red I have problems with...especially when the colors you're given to work with are JUST red and black! My grandsons wife wants to give him a quilt for their anniversary with 12 pictures of the two of them...with red and black. I thought I might use a flower panel to place the pictures around, but that wasn't a go...I'm not even sure I'll post a picture of this thing when it's done!
    Old 04-30-2019, 10:57 AM

Anna your pineapple mini is eye catching with its beautiful fabrics on a white background.
    Old 04-30-2019, 11:10 AM

Never tire of looking at happy little flowers growing with the seasons. Froggie is a cutie too! So far my garden is showing many clumps of purple and yellow cone flower foliage.....just need some sunshine and a bit warmer weather to get them really going.
    Old 05-02-2019, 09:24 PM
    Power Poster

Thought I'd share with you what I am working on. My grandson Tyler and his fiancee Katelyn are getting married May 25th. I was invited to the bridal shower of course and I decided there was no way i was going to go to Target and buy something off of the register list.

so since some may know pieced hotpads are my specialty. I sold them to a local store for 13 yrs. I am a miniaturist so everything I do has to be miniature.

I thought I'd make at least a couple and I wanted one to be masculine. their kitchen colors are turquoise and dk gray. so not my colors but I am working with them.
    ce
    This is what I have done so far. I am adding another border on the other two sides then adding a fake binding. I do not do bindings LOL This is a split rail fence with a piano key board border. Nothing too exciting but I wanted one that wasn't too complicated. They don't know anything about quilts so they won't probably have an opinion about the pattern LOL So far this measure's 7 1/2" so will be approx 7 3/4" when finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612427[/ATTACH]

Then the second picture is one of my designs I love I named Starflake. I have to do at least one of my own designs. LOL I am going to do it in the turquoise and a lighter gray. the individual blocks will be 1 1/2" unfinished and 1" finished. The hotpad will be about 8" give or take.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612428[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails tyler-katelyn-hot-pads.jpg   starflake.jpg  
    Old 05-02-2019, 10:04 PM
    Power Poster

Thought I'd share with you what I am working on. My grandson Tyler and his fiancee Katelyn are getting married May 25th. I was invited to the bridal shower of course and I decided there was no way i was going to go to Target and buy something off of the register list.

so since some may know pieced hotpads are my specialty. I sold them to a local store for 13 yrs. I am a miniaturist so everything I do has to be miniature.

I thought I'd make at least a couple and I wanted one to be masculine. their kitchen colors are turquoise and dk gray. so not my colors but I am working with them.
    ce
    This is what I have done so far. I am adding another border on the other two sides then adding a fake binding. I do not do bindings LOL This is a split rail fence with a piano key board border. Nothing too exciting but I wanted one that wasn't too complicated. They don't know anything about quilts so they won't probably have an opinion about the pattern LOL So far this measure's 7 1/2" so will be approx 7 3/4" when finished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612427[/ATTACH]

Then the second picture is one of my designs I love I named Starflake. I have to do at least one of my own designs. LOL I am going to do it in the turquoise and a lighter gray. the individual blocks will be 1 1/2" unfinished and 1" finished. The hotpad will be about 8" give or take.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612428[/ATTACH]

My turquoise version

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612429[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails ty-.jpg  
    Old 05-03-2019, 06:25 AM

Nice! I know they'll love them. I think it's funny, because so many times people have asked me about my 'hotpads' when I display my miniature quilts...usually gets my dander up a tad......
    Old 05-03-2019, 08:41 AM

Those are really pretty, Rhonda... Your block design in the bomb....just love it..
    Old 05-03-2019, 03:14 PM
    Power Poster

That is some wonderful work Rhonda. I love making mini quilts. I don't know how I would react to a hot pad reference, not well, I'm sure.