March Mini Quilt swap

Old 03-18-2015, 06:57 PM

I just love all the beautiful, creative mini quilts coming in! Still working on mine. I'm slow as molasses….
Old 03-19-2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies
I am a numbskull. I just realized, TODAY, that leprechauns do not have mustaches. Kiffie posted (on another thread) the picture of a poster for a contest run in a town near hers for men to grow a "Donegal" beard for a prize. I made a mini last month with a leprechaun on it and put a mustache on him. (Shaking my head and sighing to myself.....can I blame it on old age?)

Sorry debbyg.....I hope the 'stache does not detract from his attractiveness.....I guess he is a leprechaun wannabe! lol
You are so NOT a numbskull..you are a goosey, though. Said with love .
I actually never knew there wasn't a mustache either...Wait, it gets better...
I posted that pic mostly for Lynnie...cuz she loves pics!! And, I didn't notice it was a beard with no mustache until you mentioned it!! LOL..
Now WHO'S the numbskull??!!
I really think we're both okay..as who knows if there's an incognito leprechaun running around..with a stache??!!..

That beautiful embroidered mini you sent out totally says, "I'm no numbskull...but I am a wonderful mini quilt maker!"

That embroidered chicken is awesome! It makes it all the better it's bordered in 30's fabrics...

Beautiful job on the Spring basket, MizMelly!

Tlambing,
Somehow I overlooked you've been sick..glad you're on the mend! I came down with on Sunday, and I'm miserable. Fat lot of good the flu shot did me this year. I'm also the gal that doesn't whine at all when I have a kidney stone attack (I've had 20+), but I'm pitiful when I've got a head cold or the flu...
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 03-19-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:11 AM

Oh Kif! I'm so sorry. My "cold" was really over last Friday morning, but I am still dealing with the after nasal head stuff. I'd really like it all to just GO AWAY! Thank goodness it wasn't the flu. SO sorry you're feeling poorly! I pray this will subside soon and you'll be back to your old self
Old 03-19-2015, 09:21 AM

Sorry you both have been sick, Kif and Teresa!

I have noticed that as the trees are leafing out this past week or so, all of my kids have cold like symptoms. I blame it on the fruitless mulberries! Fortunately, they don't have aches and pains just nasal stuff. Get well you two!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 AM

Drumroll.....Ladies feast your eye's on this beautiful mini and package of goodies I received today from Kiffie. Not only did I get a bunny but I also got a birdie too, yay doing the happy dance! The "kiffmeister" does this awesome job of applique, I don't know how she can get every stitch so perfect, but it's done beautifully!

The goodies included were gorgeous pansy and peony fabric and a darling garden fabric with blenders to match. Also included was a table runner pattern, 2 lovely beaded pins and candy. Thank you so much Kiffie for everything, I love it all!
Jan[ATTACH=CONFIG]514139[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mvc-921s.jpg  
Old 03-19-2015, 10:43 AM

THAT is adorable, Cheesehead! Kiffie, what a terrific job you did! Did this get your DGD's stamp of approval? It sure gets mine! Love It!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:04 AM

Kiffie, love the bunny and chick mini you made for Cheesehead! Great job and great goodies to go with it!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:24 AM

Beautiful mini, Kiffie!! Lucky Cheesehead! Love the bunny & chick and the fabric border! I lust after -- I couldn't find any Easter fabrics in the two quilt stores I was in last weekend!!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:53 PM

Kiffie love the bunny and chick quilt, it's so cute.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:02 PM

So happy you like it Cheesehead! And I thank all of you for the compliments. Coming from such a talented group of people, it really means a lot.

Regards all,
Kif