Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >
  • March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

• March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 03-05-2015, 07:26 PM
    Power Poster

Mine is being mailed tomorrow. MY husband dug me out of all the snow. now if they don't plow me in, i'm off to the po tomorrow.
    love those soft blues.
    Old 03-06-2015, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie
    Kiffie-I love blue!
    Whew!!That's a relief..
    As I started with a completely different focus fabric, which had a lot of purples...then the more I debated, the more I was drawn to the focus fabric that you can barely see a smidge of it peeking in the middle of the pic I posted, If I showed more of it it'd give away my design..
    The fabrics are from the Moda Summer Breeze 1, 2, and 3 lines. I really liked them when I bought them..haven't made anything with them until now..
    Kif
    Old 03-06-2015, 06:52 AM

Wow! Look what Jaba sent to me the mug rug is absolutely beautiful !!!! Jaba's note says the fabric line is for the "state flowers" in Wyoming. Also, thank you for the chocolates (which I shared with DH). I hope to be finished with Jaba's mug rug this weekend. Still getting my act together since I pulled in the driveway on late Wednesday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]512660[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]512661[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_2178.jpg   img_2179.jpg  
    Old 03-06-2015, 06:53 AM

I've tried twice to contact my rug mug partner and each time the reply is it's not a valid name. What am I doing wrong? Kind of a newbie.
    Old 03-06-2015, 07:08 AM

Katie, the mug rug Jaba made you is wonderful! I love it. Jan, are those the Grand Tetons? Well done!
    Old 03-06-2015, 07:17 AM

Yes patchesnposies, the Teton Mountains and the Wyoming state flower, Indian Paintbrush. I love this fabric
    Old 03-06-2015, 07:23 AM

Here is the exotic tropical MR that I received from jaba, and, of course, candy, which I put aside for later, because I made a pan of rocky road brownies and I figured one pc. of the brownie was more then enough choc for a while.
    Thank you jaba
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]512667[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails p3050251.jpg  
    Old 03-06-2015, 07:44 AM

Glad both of you received the mug rugs, hope you enjoy them. I had fun making them, love these little things. I don't usually use mine for a mug rug, like to put them on a side table or end table like a doily, love the change of "scenery"
    Old 03-06-2015, 08:30 AM

ok Kiffie love the fabrics. where is the destination? stumped me on this one too!

I wrote to Regm so please check your in box! today I finish my last sky block for my round robin and then I actually have time to do.. stuff! lol. I know how odd is that! moving so slow today its not funny. I am so extremely tired after dialysis that every other day I get to ME. unfortunately I am still pooped out the next day. I adore Sundays and MONDAYS as they are MY rest days and by Monday I am human again! I can sew pretty well on Mondays. Too bad there are not more days like that in the week. but one day is a good day? I will grab it and run! ok I don't run but you get what I am saying

oh oh we are getting 60 degree weather on Saturday. OMG. Heaven, I am in heaven (sing along). that sounds so marvelous to me I see front door open! windows open! air! not freezing air! wowsa. its a trick I know it. they will change it up on me just to watch me flop over disappointed. ok wont think about it. (fingers crossed and behind my back you can't see them!).

I love the Wyoming mug rug Jan its really pretty. Gives me an idea of what to do with my fabric that is like that! some one here on the board sent it to me as a gift and I have been saving it unsure what to make. tada! answer to my prayers and the Hawaii mug rug? that is where my mind goes on vacation. or down in the Mexico Carribean. oh yeah. that is true vacation. Took a trip down there once to Akumal. Rented this big Moroccan style house right on the entrance to this lagoon it was stunning. the sun came up right out of the ocean. I know crazy! I was from CA and the sun came up over the mountains and set in the ocean. A new experience for me. the jungle birds were so talkative in the morning and egad the crickets? they were the size of your hand literally. super cool though. Thankfully the big ugly spiders came out at night time and well I was in my house thank you. We had a couple who cooked for us and cleaned the house daily. spoiled absolutely rotten. yup I was. love to think back on those days. they are wonderful especially in the worst of this weather!
    Old 03-06-2015, 09:26 AM

KLT you are one lucky gal, oh my gosh that fabric in Jaba's mug rug is gorgeous! Jeanne, looking at your new mug rug I think of palm tree's swaying and the pretty music of Hawaii! Great job on both of them Jan!