Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >
  • March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

• March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 02-21-2015, 06:10 AM

Yay, Pamela is back!!!!

Jan
    Old 02-21-2015, 06:15 AM

I admire you ladies who are so organized! I try, I really do. I even have my own quilt room. But I find stuff spilling out into other rooms. I don't get it. I expend a LOT of energy trying to organize, but when I do, I can't find anything I'm looking for. Like in the previous swap, I was looking for a particular fabric that I knew I had. But did I find it? No, not until I stumbled upon it by accident 4 days after I went out & bought similar (but cuter) fabric! Well, that worked out, but I don't understand why I'm so disorganized. I am VERY organized at work, it's that scary. But not so at home. I have bins of fabric, I have shelves, hubby made me a wonderful cutting table that is covered by the huge mat sold at JoAnn Fabrics (which I can't use because it's covered in STUFF!). Yeah, I know, I need professional help, but that's not gonna happen. (sigh) This morning I'm trying to get stuff off the kitchen table & back into the quilt room (the coldest, most frigid part of the house ... don't make me go in there, please!), but it's not like I know where the stuff is going. Maybe the floor?
    Old 02-21-2015, 07:45 AM

I'm glad I signed up again...really it is fun to chat with a partner and get to know each other better and mug rugs are easy peasy to make...I figure I can devote one full day to it, or break it up into do-able pieces of time...Vita...are you sure you don't want to jump in again???????? Ctyankee, yahoo! We'll all have a great time! Glad you jumped in...I too am stressing about my studio and dis-organization happening there...uuuggghhh!!! I think it's actually part of why I was in a slump...I don't seem to be as creative with my work space shrinks to me barely being able to navigate in it??? What's the answer? I have to go through everything...keep...pack in a box so I don't feel current guilt...give away...throw away...eye yie yie!!!
    Old 02-21-2015, 08:28 AM

Nah, I'm feeling a bit burned out on swapping and I have a lot of kinda stressful stuff going on right now so I don't want to add more to my plate right now.

ctyankee, I just love that cat in your avatar photo

I'm a bit OCD when it comes to organization of my spaces. I own a label maker and I use it a lot. LOL … but the rest of my house can be pretty messy. My hubby erhmm… contributes to the mess but not to the cleaning up… and we live on a farm and… our house also has basically no closets and no basement or attic so theres no place to store things. Hubby is also a packrat. I am not… I am constantly cleaning and purging. So the barn and my sewing room are very tidy… but the rest is messy lol
    Old 02-21-2015, 04:51 PM
    Power Poster

It seems like everyone is so organized. I feel like a real slob now. I have stuff in bins and in certain piles on the floor. I don't have storage, so that's my big problem. the room my stuff is in doesn't have a closet. so you have to rig things up. hopefully, one of my ocd friends will help me get it all organized soon. I need to purge things and make room for the new stuff coming in.
    Old 02-21-2015, 08:25 PM

Well, here I go again . . . I've pm Brat. Let's see, I'm thinking there are a lot of options for this one. Spring is a favorite time of the year.
    Old 02-22-2015, 05:17 AM

Vita -- Arthur the quilting kitty thanks you!

We also lack closet space in this house. My bedroom closet is just a tiny closet (not like those huge closets everyone on HGTV demands), but hubby promises to build me a big closet in the unfinished part of the basement (not going to tell you how long I've waited for that). I guess I shouldn't complain, since he's the one who built me the quilt studio! I am a pack rat (he's a thrower-outer), so that doesn't help!

I've never thought about a spring destination -- but I'm working on it!
    Old 02-22-2015, 08:33 AM

I just posted signups for the March Pincushion and Needlecase swap. Everyone is welcome! Please come and join us.
    Old 02-22-2015, 09:12 AM

Klaws hope you get lots of sign ups!

I have a great turn out for sign ups this month! hope they keep rolling in! I see a beach with hibiscus or other tropical flowers.. yup that is what I see oh but a garden full of tulips would be a lovely stop too wouldn't it? mountains with lupine? love those flowers. My mother moved to the mountains when we were all grown and she had tulips and lupine all over her spring garden. sigh... here its deer food. plant anything outside and your feeding the deer! darn them!

listening to all your storage and organizing issues and well. Hands up. Me too. My daughter was here in Oct. She sat down and spent four hours sorting my fabric by colors. stacking fat quarters up for me, tossing those I wasn't attached to for the Senior Center and it was all gorgeous. um.. that was in Oct. its now Feb. and well I pull a fabric and then when I am done....it accidentally goes in a pile that needs filing.. hence to say one bin of fabric, buttons, things that need to find good homes. AGAIN. one day I say I will get this right. just not today. so you know ladies you are so not alone. My sewing room (quote un quote) is a bedroom. one closet no doors, small small room no heater. so I use the dinner table and we eat on the couch and the coffee table that raises up like a tray. not moving my sewing!!! important things stay right where they are. lol.
    Old 02-22-2015, 09:36 AM

Brat...the mention of lupines almost made me cry...when our youngest (now 25) was in kindergarten, his teacher read them a story about lupines and they studies them...she asked me to make a wall quilt using all the kids handprints to make the lupines...I was skeptical, but it was such fun and then I took it home and finished making borders and turning it into a quilt. At the end of the year, they had an auction and it was auctioned off...his teacher bought it...such wonderful memories...thank you!