Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time! >
  • March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

• March Mug Rug Swap: Destination Spring time!

Old 02-22-2015, 10:55 AM

That's a beautiful memory, rwquilts! I'm sure the quilt was perfect!
    Old 02-22-2015, 03:37 PM

Started a mug rug for 1 of my favorite things today and it ended up 10" X 12". Is that to big to handle??
    Old 02-22-2015, 05:10 PM

Kinda big for a mug rug, but great for the wall?? That's what I do when I get the bigger ones...love them all
    Old 02-22-2015, 08:25 PM
    Power Poster

I'm at a loss of what to do. hope my partner isn't to fussy or demanding.
    I honestly have no idea what to do. HELP!!!!
    Old 02-22-2015, 08:36 PM

Wait til you talk to your partner and see where she would like to visit...I think that is what. Am going to do.
    Old 02-23-2015, 08:43 AM

Wouldn't be too big for me Jaba that would hold my water glass and a plate rather well actually. I use salad plates for all my meals.. so I could eat everything with that size mug rug to put beneath it!

I have a few more sign ups yahoo! lots of new partners for each of you. I try not to put you with the same person as last month but my system of assigning names is pretty simple . I just go by who signed up when. then I pair up with the next person. some of you sign up really fast. others a bit later so if I am paring you up with someone you had a month or three months ago I am sorry. I am just happy when I get all of you (or most of you even) signed up with a partner. that makes me breath a sigh of relief. I have started the sign up list right away this time on a separate piece of paper so if you have a great idea of how to pick new partners for everyone I am all ears. I have tried taking the top person and then the seventh person and so on til the list was done but inevitably sigh I miss someone. so I gave up on that grand idea. LET ME KNOW if you have a better idea I am all ears! wish I was an expert at this stuff I just stumble through it each and every month we have made it this far thankfully however so think good thoughts for this month too!
    Old 02-23-2015, 10:33 AM
    Power Poster

can't wait to hear what my partner wants. maybe kitties at the beach. oh what luck! I'll take kitties at the beach!
    Old 02-23-2015, 01:10 PM

lynnie, go ahead and make it, it's your destination or place that makes you happy and you send that to your partner. At least that is the way I read the description on the 1st page. Maybe brat can answer for sure
    Old 02-23-2015, 04:52 PM
    Power Poster

I thought it was your destination. I'll wait till I get my partner. this better not be to hard to do.
    I hope I get someone who knows what they want. I'm easy. throw a cat in and i'm happy.
    Old 02-24-2015, 01:09 AM

Wouldn't be too big for me either, Jaba. But I don't use mug rugs. So far I've used mine as lil wall hangings, or lil table mats...decorate with them kinda like the doilies of yesteryear...

Brat, can you put each name on a strip of paper, put them in a bowl, draw them out, 2 at a time. Those 2 go together. Draw 2 more, they go together. Write them down as you draw them out. Tada!

I think it's open to interpretation as to who's destination it is.
    We've had this discussion before...some make in advance, some wait to talk with their partners to personalize it a lil more...and some wait til the last minute...lol.

As I read the "rules", our hostess gives us the theme. And it's been said, dream up your interpretation, talk to your partner, etc. It's also been said while it's nice to get ideas of what your partner likes, it's not nice if said partner tries to impose any expectations on the maker...

I just like to get ideas of what my partner likes. If I'm taking time to make something, I prefer it to be something I know the recipient will like.

Lynnie, if I'm stuck, I do the ole "Google image search"...as in maybe, "destination theme ideas for mini quilts". Or "vacation theme ideas for mini quilts"...

I also am in the category of those who wait and talk to my partner. Just a personal preference. As what if I made destination Amazon Rain Forest, and I put spiders in my quilt...and my partner turned out to be Brat...she hates, loathes, dislikes, can't stand spiders. So all my work would be for naught..

Now I admit I'm using an extreme example...sort of..
    Because on the crazy quilt blocks I make, it's common to put a spider, spider web, and an owl somewhere on the block. The spider symbolizes good luck, the owl symbolizes wisdom. And it's a good amount of time one can spend on embellishing blocks. Not that I mind, I don't..I actually love embellishing my quilts. But I want to make sure the recipient loves it, too...

As always, this is MY take on things... we're all uniquely different...

Regards,
    Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 02-24-2015 at 01:14 AM.