March POM Swap

Old 03-03-2016, 12:52 PM

Mine is finished and I found that a medium Priority mail box works fine, the handle just has to be pushed down into the basket so it shuts. I'll be mailing tomorrow but first I have to take some beauty shots!
Old 03-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

I am getting ready to cut out my basket pattern. I am going with a different one than the one I was first going to do. This one won't take long, and is so cute. I want to get all my swaps done and mailed, because I got my new book for the 30's farmer's wife quilt along, and I am so excited to start. I will be doing 99 blocks by pp for a queen size quilt. I have lots of pretty fabrics to use in it. I am finally stepping out of my comfort zone.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:23 PM

How Fun Susan! I bought a new book too called Farm Girl Vintage. I just can't wait to start this one, but promised myself to finish a few UFOs first!

Starting another basket today for klaws. My daughter took off with the first one!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:36 PM

This scared me - I thought I missed a mailing date. We are starting out March Break on Monday so I should get mine mailed off in a week or so.

Originally Posted by Chasezzz
Bilben, your basket has begun its long trek north. I am hopeful it will be in your mailbox by the end of the month! This project was way out of my comfort zone...but experimenting is what POM is designed to encourage.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

Pretty soon this thread will look like Easter with all the baskets coming in. What a wonderful topic! Can't wait to see what next month is.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 PM

I finished mine in record time! It was an idea that just couldn't wait to come to fruition! Now I want to make a few more for Easter gifts!!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Power Poster

I got the pieces of my new pattern for my basket cut out tonight. Now just need to get busy sewing it together.

Yes tlambing, I look forward to this one too. The book is beautiful, and I have a notebook made to go along with it. I started printing the first blocks tonight. Your new book sounds interesting.
Old 03-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

miz melly and Susan, can't wait to see what you two came up with.
Old 03-04-2016, 01:41 AM

I have mine finished, mailing it out Monday. What I made is not foldable to be flat, but luckily I had a box that it fits in quite nicely.
I've got my mini quilt done for that swap except for binding. Plan to get it finished and on its way to Jaba when I mail my basket to its new home on Monday.

Then all I have to mail out are my batik fqs for this month's swap. As soon as it's time for names, those will go too.

JuneBillie,
I have that same book, haven't started it yet as I made a deal with myself to finish some of these kazillion ufos I have. It's been hard, but so far I'm getting a few of them done. Maybe you and I can do them together do to speak?? It would give me much needed "oomph" not to procrastinate...lol

Lynnie, if your basket is the one posted over in the pic section, the embroidery detail on it is lovely!

Regards all,
Kif
Old 03-04-2016, 07:57 AM

Off to the races!! Mine is going out today and will hopefully arrive on Monday at it's future home!