March POM Swap

Old 03-15-2016, 06:48 PM

Susan, lovely blocks all of them. Your work is wonderful. Thanks for posting pictures of them while we wait for more basket photos!

I enjoyed the story of your grandparents chicken farm, too. Our foster babies (now our adopted kiddo's!) were scared to death of all animals when they came to us. So, one day my DH picked up some Americana chicks at the Tractor Supply Co and brought them home.

He put them in silly places for me to find and cracked all of the kids (who were in on the joke) up. That was the beginning of our menagerie. Best of all the kids are ardent animal lovers now!
Old 03-15-2016, 06:50 PM

Bilben, Your basket is unique and beautiful! Glad to see another interpretation. Have we had any duplicates yet? Wonderful, how creative everyone has been!
Old 03-15-2016, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

beautiful green baskets. Susan nice blocks so far.

chickens, they sit on the eggs, but do they get up to eat? How long do they lay eggs for?

Mary, will we get pics of the new babies? I also love goats, always wanted one and now
I can't get one, we live in a condo and only have a front yard, no room for goats.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:19 PM
Power Poster

Thank you Patchesnposies and lynnie.
Patchesnposies that is a cute story about your kiddos and how they are now animal lovers.
Lynnie I always wanted a little baby goat (kid), until people kept telling me I wouldn't when I went outside to see it standing on top of my car as it grew. lol... I still see them in some yards and they are so cute.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:49 AM

Susan, really pretty blocks. I'm sure it will be a labor of love. I can't wait to see what it looks like finished.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:27 AM

Deb you have a really nice chicken and those chicks are too cute. It had brought back memories when I was young in NH we did have chickens until my uncle came and then there were none. After that I raised homing pigeons in the coop.

Mary I bet you can't wait to get your calves. Every animal is so cute when they are little. That is quite a lot of lambs for one time. They must have been small. Good thing she didn't have to call Dr. Pol
Old 03-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Bilben what a pretty basket. So different from each of the others. I love it. Lots of pretty greens. Lots of work too. Nice job. Susan that quilt is gonna have a lot of pretty blocks in it. Lots of tiny pieces. And to think they used to hand piece those. I've always read to leave the paper on until your ready to sew the blocks together. It helps keep them in shape. I've only made small items so I don't know.Thanks for posting.
Old 03-16-2016, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie of course I show pictures. I'm going to start a lunch bag for my daughter soon. I;m making it out of lamenated cotton. I've never sewn with lamenated cotton. It's surprisingly soft not anything like oilcloth that is thick and stiff. Has any one made anything with it? Any helpful hints? I know of using tape on the bottom of the presser foot but that's all the hints I have heard of.Here is a picture of the main fabric. It will have a band across the top of Lavender with med. size white dots. Also a drawstring to close the top and a round base.Hope you can picture it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03090.jpg  
Old 03-16-2016, 10:08 AM

Wow, Mary, that is beautiful fabric! Love the purples and pinks. You definitely have to show us a picture when you are finished.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:41 AM

LOVE that fabric Mary. It looks like a very subdued Kaffee.