March POM Swap

Old 02-23-2016, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by tlambing
Hello my name is Kif, and I'm a quilting slacker! haha

Hi Kif!
I resemble that remark! Except I'm not a quilt slacker but a quiltING slacker. Or maybe I'm just a piecing pro...lol
Old 02-23-2016, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

The baskets are great for organizing, and cute too. I have lots of woven wicker baskets I have picked up here and there, and Gene bought me one that is big. I have 2 picnic baskets with all the utensils, and in one the table cloth too. Just call me the basket lady. lol....

Kiffie, I like your signature.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

I remember a tisket a tasket, as a kid. We always had nursery rhymes back then. Now it's learning on computers.
My son is 26 today, he was in special ed as a toddler for speech. He went to one school that taught computers to the 3 yr olds back then. He had a wonderful teacher that had them dissect frogs and caterpillars too. 7 kids to 2 teachers in a class. They taught them all sorts of things, but never nursery rhymes. I guess that's old school now.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie
I remember a tisket a tasket, as a kid. We always had nursery rhymes back then. Now it's learning on computers.
My son is 26 today, he was in special ed as a toddler for speech. He went to one school that taught computers to the 3 yr olds back then. He had a wonderful teacher that had them dissect frogs and caterpillars too. 7 kids to 2 teachers in a class. They taught them all sorts of things, but never nursery rhymes. I guess that's old school now.
What a shame!! I have a very old book that I found at a used book store called "The Real Personages of the Mother Goose Rhymes". Fascinating reading!! Back in the day before media, newspapers, etc, (essentially the middle ages) people made up rhymes about political figures, current conditions, plagues, etc.
Ring around the Rosey? Yup, that was about the Black Plague. I think I liked it better when I was a kid and we would hold hands and walk around in a circle reciting that. Of course having no idea what it actually referred it.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

I love hearing the meaning of them. You're right that's how people spread the word.
Not like today, when the news gets around faster than you can get home to read about it.
I think the only thing they memorize is the Pledge of Allegiance, or do they not do that too anymore?
Old 02-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Power Poster

I'm in! I love baskets! Couldn't pass this by. It is turning out to be fun to have small projects to play with taking away the stress of big long projects.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:13 PM

I have a question for all of you creative sewing type people. I have been working on my basket and am very happy with the result. That being said, my handle is just the tiniest wee bit off. My family, (who love me), say it is not noticable and doesn't need to be undone and moved for just a quarter inch.

Every month I agonize over minutiae like this! I usually end up undoing the offending part and making a big mess of the whole thing and starting over! lol

Does anyone else make themselves crazy over stuff like this?
Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 PM

JuneBillie,
Thanks, I liked the Twain saying as well! Calling you the "Basket Lady" sounds better than "Basket Case"...lol!

Patchesnposies,
I do stuff like that all the time. My hubby teases me I like to take my work out more than I do putting it together. So I'm not a good one to ask if you should take it out or leave it. However, I can also say nothing I make is perfect...even if I take it out, redo, start over, etc.
I did get great advice once when someone told me, "If it's going to drive you crazy, take it out. It's less trouble than you constantly replaying it in your brain.".
Regards,
Kif
Old 02-24-2016, 03:14 PM

I'm kind of feeling that is being directed at me accusingly! What are you saying? what do you mean? Of course I make myself crazy over stuff like that. Yes, it does bother me, yes I will rip it out and do it over. What about it? I'm not NUTS!!!! I swear.

Funny thing is, I would probably never even notice it if someone else made it

(It's probably great and you probably needn't worry about it)

Last edited by tlambing; 02-24-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie, I want to wish your son a - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!