Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Secret Pal Swap Closes Feb 28th 4:00 pm CST >
  • March Secret Pal Swap Closes Feb 28th 4:00 pm CST

• March Secret Pal Swap Closes Feb 28th 4:00 pm CST

Old 03-13-2015, 11:32 PM

Although I am not in the swap this month, I keep up with what's going on. So I wanted to say, Happy Birthday Lori!! Hope your day was very special and full of love and laughter!

Also, Catjo, sorry to hear about your long lasting migraine. I hope you are up and about real soon!
    Old 03-14-2015, 04:46 AM

Happy Birthdday Lori....double d LOL we appreciate all you do for the swap...we need to get more converts so we don't get the same name....
    Old 03-15-2015, 12:34 PM

I came home late last night,didn't see this package at front door until today.
    I recieved a wonderful package from my secret pal Nancy in Louisiana,so many great things,table runner,fabric,magazines,gloves,candy,dirty rice,note pad,lotion,owl pot holder,pattern
    The fabric is a beautiful piece of Gray it is about 1 1/4 of maybe backing fabric from connecting threads
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 03-17-2015, 04:46 AM

What a wonderful package I received yesterday from Anoka Quilter ! Thank you so much for all your very thoughtful gifts, Diana. I love the note you included explaining why you chose each gift. The purple strips will be used immediately, the red FQ are perfect for a quilt I'm attempting soon. The butterfly fabric will be used in my Palliative Care quilts since butterflies are their symbol (and purple is their color !) And..the handmade dish rag is just beautiful and so much work to crochet.
    I appreciate everything and thank you again ! Pat sewnsew
    Old 03-17-2015, 08:34 AM

Wow! Lovely packages coming in. I'm sitting this month out, but will be back next month.
    Belated Happy Birthday, Lori.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]513944[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails happy-birthday-icon.gif  
    Old 03-17-2015, 12:18 PM

Finally got a chance to post pics of the wonderful pkg from AlvaStitcher. She made an adorable hound pincushion that is too cute to put pins in. Great work. She included purse and tote patterns (one of my favorites), a stiff acrylic piece for the bottom, some Thangles for half-square triangles (very welcome) and lots of fun fabric scraps and orphan blocks. I love orphan blocks -- they are a challenge to incorporate into the ultimate scrappy quilt. She also sent a vintage dresdan circle made by her mother from some really vintage fabrics. And, of course, the every welcome CHOCOLATE!

Thank you again for a very personalized package - you were able to include some of everything I love.
    Attached Thumbnails 018.jpg   019.jpg   020.jpg  
    Old 03-17-2015, 02:11 PM

Nancy in Louisiana that is an adorable puppy pincushion. I am sure you will give it a good home.
    Old 03-17-2015, 02:26 PM

I need to update my angel list ( haven't done it in a long time). If anyone is generous enough to sign up to be an angel for someone who did not get their package, please send me a message. I will put you on my list and you always have the option of saying that you can not do it that month. Thank you.
    Old 03-17-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter
    Nancy in Louisiana that is an adorable puppy pincushion. I am sure you will give it a good home.
    And what a coincidence -- that same day I went to visit a friend who works as the vet at our Animal Control ... and I end up coming home with a real dog! It had been rescued and its owner cited with dog abuse and neglect. Poor thing's hair was so matted and dirty that it took two of us over two hours to shave him down to find the body underneath. Ended up with 14 lbs of dog, 2 1/2 lbs of matted fur. People said they couldn't afford $30 for a grooming, but now have a citation and fine of $200. What is wrong with people? Dog is fantastic and sleeps beside me all nite.
    Old 03-17-2015, 05:59 PM

Nancy in Louisiana, Now you have 5 dogs? What breeds are they? Glad you were able to rescue this little one. I imagine the poor dog is so glad to have all the mats cut out. My dog's fur mats very easily so we try to keep her groomed every 2-3 months.
    Glad you liked the contents of the package. My mother pieced over 50 dresden blocks and I have appliquéd about 25 of them to make into a quilt. The blocks are ready to be sewn together but I put them away for a while. I still have a bunch to do something with.