Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

• March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-19-2011, 12:33 PM

Happy Dance :lol: :thumbup: I'm off the bench...thanks so much to Tanisha (I think it's an I if it's an e please correct me) Crafty Garden Mom. I guess I mentioned I like chocolate and so I got a bag of Ghiradelli, I think I mentioned red is my fav color and I got 4 red fat quarters 3 with some black and a cool black/gold star fat quarter to boot, I said I liked to read and I not only got a book, but one I hadn't read and it's a quilt book (imagine that :lol: ), but cutest of all is the T-shirt that reads "Quilter's Search Engine, if I can't remember where I put it, do I still have to count it as part of my stash?"
    I'm going to try to get pix of it all up here....thank you again, CraftyGardenMom (ps are you taken for next month's swap????)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-171921.jpe  
    Old 03-19-2011, 01:35 PM

I got home today to find a package all the way from California sitting by my garage door. I was really excited, yet a little sad too because the waiting is just so much fun, but more excited than sad! haha! I brought it in and didn't open it right away, just teasing myself!! Finally gave in and was pleased to find that my pal had sen me a St Patricks Day mug on a green and pink mug rug, machine quilted with a little clover stitch (clever!!),a little St PAtrick's Day plague (I'm thinking it would be cute in a wreath for next year), a journal (will use to jot down ideas for crafting), a cute little box of tissues which will end up living next to my computer, a date book (had one... misplaced it!), 8 strip pieced blocks which I will find a project for, a package of craft buttons (can NEVER have too many!), 2 generous cuts of flannel... pink with butterflies and yellow check, 2 generous cuts of cotton floral, yellow and off white, and three fat quarters in the colors that I am collecting... teal and pink...and for those of you that always say it is so hard to stay in that $10 limit... my pal had a great idea for some freebies!!... applique patterns that she downloaded from the computer!! I never would have found these, 3 of them! The top one, in the picture, is for an owl pillow... says to make it from wool, but I will probably improvise. REALLY great idea!!
    So a BIG thank you to April, our "Barefoot Quilter" for packing me a very thoughtful package that made my day! Oh, did I forget to mention York Peppermint patties?!! THREE of them... and now there are TWO!! haha!! Thank so much April, you were a great March pal!

**Ut oh!! There is also a chocolate bunny that somehow didn't make the photo! I didn't eat it already, honest!! I just didn't get it into the photo... but I will admit that I am NOT going to wait until Easter to eat it!! ; )
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-171997.jpe  
    Old 03-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
    I got home today to find a package all the way from California sitting by my garage door. I was really excited, yet a little sad too because the waiting is just so much fun, but more excited than sad! haha! I brought it in and didn't open it right away, just teasing myself!! Finally gave in and was pleased to find that my pal had sen me a St Patricks Day mug on a green and pink mug rug, machine quilted with a little clover stitch (clever!!),a little St PAtrick's Day plague (I'm thinking it would be cute in a wreath for next year), a journal (will use to jot down ideas for crafting), a cute little box of tissues which will end up living next to my computer, a date book (had one... misplaced it!), 8 strip pieced blocks which I will find a project for, a package of craft buttons (can NEVER have too many!), 2 generous cuts of flannel... pink with butterflies and yellow check, 2 generous cuts of cotton floral, yellow and off white, and three fat quarters in the colors that I am collecting... teal and pink...and for those of you that always say it is so hard to stay in that $10 limit... my pal had a great idea for some freebies!!... applique patterns that she downloaded from the computer!! I never would have found these, 3 of them! The top one, in the picture, is for an owl pillow... says to make it from wool, but I will probably improvise. REALLY great idea!!
    So a BIG thank you to April, our "Barefoot Quilter" for packing me a very thoughtful package that made my day! Oh, did I forget to mention York Peppermint patties?!! THREE of them... and now there are TWO!! haha!! Thank so much April, you were a great March pal!

**Ut oh!! There is also a chocolate bunny that somehow didn't make the photo! I didn't eat it already, honest!! I just didn't get it into the photo... but I will admit that I am NOT going to wait until Easter to eat it!! ; )
    I think April means for you to send one of those york peppermint patties down my way :lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE them yummy yummy in my tummy :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome package
    Old 03-19-2011, 01:54 PM

Im still on the bench but I had to move the bench inside as it is snowing here today after 40+ degrees here yesterday--spring has sprung I do believe but now I have to wait until Monday boo whoo!!! Guess that means that I can spend tomorrow quilting! Which project do I pick????
    Old 03-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    I think April means for you to send one of those york peppermint patties down my way :lol: :lol: :lol: I LOVE them yummy yummy in my tummy :thumbup: :thumbup: Awesome package
    Oh, I don't know Terryl...it may melt en route to sunny warm Florida. I'd hate to see that happen! Its safer here (but not for long!) haha!!

MTQuilter09...raffle tickets... what a neat idea to send in your swap package!! Hope your package will come soon!
    Old 03-19-2011, 02:17 PM

St Cloud is in Minnesota I think

Originally Posted by Boop56
    Originally Posted by Boop56
    Dearest Secret Pal...Here is a sneak peek of your package. I sent it out today. I have been having problems with my eyes from a bacterial infection for 3 months now. I didn't get everything done but I hope I hit on what you are interested in. (OH, It is heading north. Actually to a city 3 hours south of where I used to live before moving to FLORIDA). Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    What a tease you are
    HI. How are you doing? I live in saint Cloud. It's nice to see other people from Florida.

Where's Saint Cloud? We're lots of Floridians on the board
    :thumbup: I bet you're near some of us :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Old 03-19-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
    Oh, I don't know Terryl...it may melt en route to sunny warm Florida. I'd hate to see that happen! Its safer here (but not for long!) haha!!

MTQuilter09...raffle tickets... what a neat idea to send in your swap package!! Hope your package will come soon!

Sorry to hijack your post, but the only way I know how to post a photo is to hit the reply quote button (had to get help putting pics on camera) will describe on seperate post.

This magnificant package was waiting for me when I got home today :D :-D waterless cherry blossom hand sanitizer, my all time favorite vanilla creme candle, can you guys smell it? Delicious, a receipt organizer,a pattern to make that awesome pincushion, the awesome pincushion :thumbup: the easter eggs, (oh so pretty) 3 fat quarters and a 1/2 yard of yellow fabric, a pad O' stickies (post it notes) a package of harbor freight blades, and last but certainly not least, a package of sweetarts bunny gummies. Guess what I'm eating when I watch a movie tonite :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ginger your package is wonderful, thank you sew much. I would love to send you a PM but you didn't include your screen name. From the depths of my heart I thank you my generous thoughtful friend. I hope you're quilting today on national quilt day. I just finished squaring up the blosck for a top I'm making so I'll do at least a little quilting today.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-172030.jpe   attachment-172031.jpe   attachment-172032.jpe  
    Old 03-19-2011, 02:50 PM

I've posted it! It's gone...... all those little things I made and collected for you, my SP. It's on its way to Ca and should be there in the 5 - 10 days.

I do hope you enjoy it - I had so much fun putting it together. Can't wait for the April one start.
    Old 03-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Sorry to hijack your post, but the only way I know how to post a photo is to hit the reply quote button (had to get help putting pics on camera) will describe on seperate post.

This magnificant package was waiting for me when I got home today :D :-D waterless cherry blossom hand sanitizer, my all time favorite vanilla creme candle, can you guys smell it? Delicious, a receipt organizer,a pattern to make that awesome pincushion, the awesome pincushion :thumbup: the easter eggs, (oh so pretty) 3 fat quarters and a 1/2 yard of yellow fabric, a pad O' stickies (post it notes) a package of harbor freight blades, and last but certainly not least, a package of sweetarts bunny gummies. Guess what I'm eating when I watch a movie tonite :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ginger your package is wonderful, thank you sew much. I would love to send you a PM but you didn't include your screen name. From the depths of my heart I thank you my generous thoughtful friend. I hope you're quilting today on national quilt day. I just finished squaring up the blosck for a top I'm making so I'll do at least a little quilting today.
    :XD: awesone :thumbup:
    Old 03-19-2011, 03:19 PM

very nice packages everyone~Terryl are the eggs covered in fabric or paper mache ?