Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

• March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-20-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
    I see a few squishes are headed to Canada!!! Could one of them be mine???

I forgot how much fun this could be as I opted out last month ...

I enjoyed so much buying for my SP and hoping he/she will like it ... it should arrive on Thursday.

Cant wait to sign up again for April.

Is there a bench started yet for those of us here in Canada??? If so, I would love to join.

Hoping others in the other countries dont have to sit on their benches too long!!!

Cheers!! :thumbup:
    I'm in Canada too and would love to join you on the bench but I hear you are getting lots of snow there. We are getting a little tomorrow and Tuesday but it's only supposed to be 5 to 10 cm so if your bench is covered in snow mine up here might be better. I'll bring Tim's coffee and some chocolate. My DGS was in the Timbits hockey tournament that Tim Horton's puts on this weekend and sure got a lot of Tim's coffee and timits. They had a never ending supply of both all weekend.
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:20 PM

I am on the bench too--just waiting--great things come to those who wait!!!!! and after all the pkgs that have been received mine should be beyond great!!! Feels like spring here today still some snow on the ground but its going away bit by bit waiting for the snow to go so that I can see my tulips coming up
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Woohoo....I am off the bench. Got my package from my swap partner Terryl. Thank you sooooo much.
    What a great way to start the week!! Love the colors of the charm pack. Got a new seam ripper, measuring tape, a neat tin,
    a tote in a fruit, the cutest thing ever and a pair of earrings. Oh, almost forgot an adress book as well. Just the perfect package.
    Thank you so much Terry!!! This was so much fun.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-172715.jpe  
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Aww I miss my Tim's Coffee. They had it out in Buffalo and now that I moved away no acess to it unless a friend ships me some or I visit. Its still not the same...I think I heard its a high butterfat creamer that makes it soo addicting.

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek

I enjoyed so much buying for my SP and hoping he/she will like it ... it should arrive on Thursday.

Is there a bench started yet for those of us here in Canada??? If so, I would love to join.

Hoping others in the other countries dont have to sit on their benches too long!!!

I'm in Canada too and would love to join you on the bench but I hear you are getting lots of snow there. We are getting a little tomorrow and Tuesday but it's only supposed to be 5 to 10 cm so if your bench is covered in snow mine up here might be better. I'll bring Tim's coffee and some chocolate. My DGS was in the Timbits hockey tournament that Tim Horton's puts on this weekend and sure got a lot of Tim's coffee and timits. They had a never ending supply of both all weekend.
    Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 AM

To my SP, I am truly sorry your package is so late. I have a hint or two for you. #1. You live in the only state that still has the Confederate flag in there State flag. #2. You live North of where my husband is from Long Beach, MS and just West of Highway 49. #3 You don’t like chocolate. Your package is going to the post office today and you should have it by Thursday.
    Old 03-21-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by GrammyX3
    To my SP, I am truly sorry your package is so late. I have a hint or two for you. #1. You live in the only state that still has the Confederate flag in there State flag. #2. You live North of where my husband is from Long Beach, MS and just West of Highway 49. #3 You don’t like chocolate. Your package is going to the post office today and you should have it by Thursday.
    Hmmmmm could that be me? I am one that does not really care for chocolate.. :|
    I am setting on the proch today as it is raining here today. :thumbdown:
    Old 03-21-2011, 05:11 AM

I had to take a break this weekend from the Quilting Board and work the tasting room! A lot of people wine tasting this weekend!

Everyone is receiving wonderful packages -I'll be on the bench with you today! Silly me I almost went out on Sunday in the rain to wait then realized no mailman comes on Sunday so I got a lot of sewing done. Lawsonmugs and Shamrock I'll bring the RED today-I have plenty to share!! I'll be there shortly.
    Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek

Yes we did get lots of snow and we have another heavy snowfall warning for today and tomorrow. I think I will just sit in my big chair by the big window and look out. You are more than willing to come and join me while we wait. We can have coffee and timbits inside where it is warm and not snowy!!!

Seeing all of the squishies are making me more and more excited. I cant wait but they say that they save the best for the last!!!
    Old 03-21-2011, 05:40 AM

Well, I was going to go out on the bench today to wait for the mailman. But when I looked out, it was snowing. Isn't today the first day of Spring? What is going on here!

Now I don't know what to wait for first, my squishy or the robins!
    Old 03-21-2011, 05:43 AM

I'm on the bench, so I'll join in with the Tim's and timbits and red wine or you can bring it over to my porch. We are 58 degrees and going up. I thought the deadline was the 19th (someone mentioned a dl of 17th) So I wasn't too worried as mine squishie went out on the 19th to my SP. But it didn't have to go too far. I bet it is there by tomorrow.